The tests results of superduplex stainless steel welded joints made with a different heat input, using automatic submerged arc welding (SAW) and semi-automatic flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) have been presented. Metallographic examinations, the measurements of the ferrite content, the width of the heat affected zone (HAZ) and the hardness of the welds in characteristic areas have been performed. Significant differences in the amount of ferrite in the weld metal and in the heat affected zone microstructure of joints were found.
4. Karlsson L.: Welding of duplex stainless steels - A review of current recommendations. Institute of Welding Bulletin 5/2012 (in Polish).
5. Kolenic F.. Kovac L.. Drimal D.: Effect of laser welding conditions on austenite/ferrite ratio in duplex stainless steel 2507 welds. Welding in the World. vol. 55. 5-6/2011.
6. Kotecki D. J.: Predicted and measured FN in specifications. A position statement of the experts of IIW commission IX. Welding in the World 2/1999.
7. Leonard A. J.. Gunn R. N.. Gooch T. G.: Hydrogen cracking of ferritic-austenitic stainless steel weld metal. Proceedings of the International Conference „Stainless Steel World Duplex America 2000”.
8. Łabanowski J.: Properties and weldability of dual phase duplex stainless steels. Welding Technology Review 10/2007 (in Polish).
9. McPherson N.A.. Chi K.. Baker T.N.: Submerged arc welding of stainless steel and the challenge from the laser welding process. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 134 (2003), 174-179.
10. Mee V.. Meelker H.. Schelde R.: How to control hydrogen level in (super) duplex stainless steel weldments using the GTAW or GMAW process. Welding Journal 1/1999.
11. Michalska J.. Sozańska M.. Hetmańczyk M.: Application of quantitative fractography in the assessment of hydrogen damage of duplex stainless steel. Materials Characterization. vol. 60. no. 10. 2009.
12. Muthupandi V.. Srinivasan P.. Seshadri S.. Sudaresan S.: Effect of weld metal chemistry and heat input on the structure and properties of duplex stainless steels welds. Materials science and Engineering A, 358 (2003), 9-16.
13. Nakade K.: Sigma phase precipitation and its influence on hydrogen induced cracking of duplex stainless steel base metal and weld metal. Welding in the World. vol. 47. 9-10/2003.
14. Nowacki J.: Duplex steel in welded constructions. WNT. Warszawa 2013 (in Polish).
15. The Standard PN-EN 9015-1:2011 Destructive tests on welds in metallic materials. Hardness testing. Hardness test on arc welded joints (in Polish).
16. Practical guidelines for the fabrication of duplex stainless steels. International Molybdenum Association 2001.
17. Ramirez A.J.. Lippold J.C.. Brandi S.D.: The relationship between chromium nitride and secondary austenite precipitation in duplex stainless steels. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A. vol. 34A. 08/2003.
18. Słodziński S.. Zając P.: Experience of Szczecińska Shipyard with application of flux cored wires for duplex steel welding (FCAW-136) of chemical tankers. Proceedings of the VII Welding Conference. Międzyzdroje 2002 (in Polish).
19. Still J.: How to reduce sigma in offshore pipe fabrications. Welding Journal 11/1999.
20. Studholme S.: Application of flux-cored wires for improved productivity in offshore duplex pipework. Svetsaren 1/1998.
21. Walker R. A.. Gooch T. G.: Hydrogen cracking of welds in duplex stainless steel Proceedings of the International Conference „Duplex stainless steel”. Beaune 1991.
22. Van Nassau L.. Meelker H.: Position statement on the specification of metallographic properties of weldments in duplex and superduplex stainless steels. Welding in the World 2/1999.