The increase in demand for electricity in Europe requires a continuous search for new sources of energy, engineering and technology solutions. Maintaining the current level of electricity production requires not only repair and modernization of the operating units, as well as construction of new blocks of supercritical and ultrasupercritical. Increasing thermal efficiency while reducing energy costs is possible through the use of finned tubes for heat exchangers. This paper presents the technologies of finned tubes, with particular emphasis on innovative laser welding technology developed in the Energoinstal SA company. The use of high power disk laser allows the welding of finned tubes several times more efficient compared to arc welding technology, while maintaining stringent quality and technical requirements.
1. Breeze P.: Raising steam plant efficiency - Pushing the steam cycle boundaries. PEI Magazine 20(2012).
2. Huseman R.: Advanced (700oC) PF Power Plant. A Clean Coal European Technology. Advanced Material for AD700 Boilers, Cesi Auditorium, Milano, 2005.
3. Najgebauer E., Patrycy A.: Commitments of Polish energy to the EU. www.geoland.pl.
4. Dziemidowicz Z., Szyszka P., Krupa I.: Power units on the horizon. The technical requirements of new generation units at PGE Power Plant Opole S.A. Electric Heat and Vocational Education 11 (2011).
5. Information on http://www.energy.siemens.com.
6. Kusiński J.: Lasers and their applications in materials science, Scientific Publishers Akapit, Cracow, 2000.
7. Gawrysiuk W., Adamiec J., Więcek M.: Possibilities of laser welding and hybrid welding membrane walls and finned tubes, The Conference Welding in Energy, Opole - Jarmołtówek 2008.
8. Mitrovic J.: „Heat Exchanger and Condenser Tubes, Tube Types - Materials - Attributes - Machning. Publico Publications 2004.
9. Richert J.: Innovative methods of plastic working, Publisher AGH, Cracow, 2010.
10. Pasierb A.: New developments in the technology of rolling finned tubes. Non-ferrous Ores and Metals, 10-11(2002), 505-507.
11. Adamiec J., Gawrysiuk W., Więcek M.: Automated station for welding finned tubes by laser disk. Bulletin of the Institute of Welding 5(2010), 55-59.
12. Information on http://www.fivesgroup.com.
13. Information on http://www.hiwtc.com.