A new HPLC method was introduced and validated for simultaneous determination of perindopril and indapamide. Validation procedure included specificity, sensitivity, robustness, stability, linearity, precision and accuracy. The method was used for the dissolution test of perindopril and indapamide in three fixed-dose formulations. The dissolution procedure was optimized using different media, different pH of the buffer, surfactants, paddle speed and temperature. Similarity of dissolution profiles was estimated using different model-independent and model-dependent methods and, additionally, by principal component analysis (PCA). Also, some kinetic models were checked for dissolved amounts of drugs as a function of time.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. M. Gorostidi and A. De la Sierra, A combination therapy in hypertension, Adv. Ther.30 (2013) 320–336; DOI: 10.1007/s12325-013-0020-9.
2. D.K. Modi and C.N. Patel, Development and validation of spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of perindopril and indapamide in combined dosage form by simultaneous equation, Eurasian J. Anal. Chem. 6 (2011) 46–52.
3. S.S. Kale, R.L. Bakal, A.V. Chandewar and R.S. Sakhare, Two wavelength method for estimation of indapamide and perindopril erbumine in combined tablet dosage form, Res. J. Pharm. Technol.4 (2011) 545–548.
4. D.K. Modi and C.N. Patel, Development and validation of spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of perindopril and indapamide in combined dosage form by absorbance correction method, Int. J. Pharm. Tech. Res.2 (2010) 411–416.
5. N. Erk, Comparison of spectrophotometric and an LC method for the determination perindopril and indapamide in pharmaceutical formulations, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal.26 (2001) 43–45; DOI: 10.1016/S0731-7085(01)00388-0.
6. R. Tiwan, A. Jain, D. Maliwal and E. Toppo, Multicriteria optimization methodology in development of HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of indapamide and perindopril in bulk drug and its combined dosage form, Asian J. Pharm. Clin. Res.5 (2012) 50–53.
7. J. Joseph, B. Philip and M. Sundarapandian, Method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of perindopril erbumine and indapamide by RP-HPLC in pharmaceutical dosage forms, Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci. 3 (2011) 288–293.
8. H. Jogia, U. Khandelwal, T. Gandhi, S. Singh and D. Modi, Development and validation of a stability-indicating assay method for simultaneous determination of perindopril and indapamide in combined dosage form by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography, J. AOAC Int.93 (2010) 108–115.
9. A. A. Elshanawane, S. M. Mostafa and M. S. Elgawish, Development and validation of LC method for simultaneous determination of two binary mixtures containing indapamide, Chromatographia67 (2008) 837–840; DOI: 10.1365/s/10337-008-0600-z0009-5893/08/05.
10. C. Graffner, Regulatory aspects of drug dissolution from a European perspective, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci.29 (2006) 288–293; DOI: 10.1016/j.ejps.2006.05.003.
11. T. O′Hara, A. Dunne, J. Butler and J. Devane, A review of methods used to compare dissolution profile data, Pharm. Sci. Technol. Today1 (1998) 214–223; DOI: 10.1016/S1461-5347(98)00053-4.
12. P. Costa and J. M. S. Lobo, Modeling and comparison of dissolution profiles, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci.13 (2001) 123–133; DOI: 10.1016/S0928-0987(01)00095-1.
13. N. Yuksel, A. E. Kanik and T. Baykara, Comparison of in vitro dissolution profiles by ANOVA-based, model dependent and –independent methods, Int. J. Pharm. 209 (2000) 57–67; DOI: 10.1016/S0378-5173(00)00554-8.
14. R. M. Maggio, P. M. Castellano and T. S. Kaufman, A new principal component analysis-based approach for testing “similarity” of drug dissolution profiles, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci.34 (2008) 66–77; DOI: 10.1016/j.ejps.2008.02.009.
17. E. Adams, R. De Maesschalck, B. De Spiegeleer, Y. Vander Heyden, J. Smeyers-Verbeke and D. L. Massart, Evaluation of dissolution profiles using principal component analysis, Int. J. Pharm. 212 (2001) 41–53; DOI: 10.1016/S0378-5173(00)00581-0.
18. European Pharmacopoeia 7.0, EDQM Council of Europe, Strasbourg 2010.
19. Y. Zhang, H. Meirong, J. Zhou, A. Zou, W. Li, W. Yao and S. Xie, DDSolver: an add-in program for modeling and comparison of drug dissolution profiles, AAPS J.12 (2010) 263–271; DOI: 10.1208/s12248-010-9185-1.