The A new benzothiazepine’s derivative names N-(p-tolyl)-2-(2-(4-phenyl-2,3-dihydrobenzo[b][1,4]thiazepin-2-yl)phenoxy)acetamide was synthesized by reaction of o-aminothiophenol and N-(p-tolyl)-2-(2-(3-oxo-3-phenylprop-1-en-1-yl)phenoxy)acetamide, which was prepared from salicylaldehyde and acetophenone through (E)-3-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-phenylprop-2-en-1-one. The structures of the compounds were determined by IR, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR and HR-MS spectral data.
1. Won, S. J.; Liu, C. T.; Tsao, L. T.; Weng, J. R.; Ko, H. H.; Wang, J. P.; Lin, C. N. Synthetic chalcones as potential anti-inflammatory and cancer chemopreventive agents. Eur. J. Med. Chem.2005, 40, 103–112.
2. Syam, S.; Abdelwahab, S. I.; Al-Mamary, M. A.; Mohan, S. Synthesis of chalcones with anticancer activities. Mol. 2012, 17, 6179–6195.
3. Venkatachalam, H.; Nayak, Y.; Jayashree, B. S. Synthesis, characterization and antioxidant activities of synthetic chalcones and flavones. APCBEE Proc.2012, 3, 209–213.
4. Hsieh, C. T.; Hsieh, T. J.; Shazly, E. M.; Chuang, D. W.; Tsai, Y. H.; Yen, C. T.; Wu, S. F.; Wu, Y. C.; Chang, F. R. Synthesis of chalcone derivatives as potential anti-diabetic agents. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2012, 22, 3912–3915.
5. Wang, L.; Zhang, P.; Zhang, X.; Zhang, Y.; Li, Y.; Wang, Y. Synthesis and biological evaluation of a novel series of 1,5-benzothiazepine derivatives as potential antimicrobial agents. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2009, 44, 2815–2821.
6. Cherkupally, S. R.; Gurrala, P. R.; Adki, N.; Avula, S. Synthesis and biological study of novel methylene-bis-benzofuranyl-[1,5]-benzothiazepines. Org. Commun. 2008, 4, 84–94.
7. Renuka, N.; Pavithra, G.; Ajay Kumar, K. Synthesis and their antioxidant activity studies of 1, 4-benzothiazepine analogues. Der. Pharma. Chem. 2014, 6, 482–485.
8. Garg, N.; Chandra, T.; Jain, A. B.; Kumar, A. Synthesis and evaluation of some new substituted benzothiazepine and benzoxazepine derivatives as anticonvulsant agents. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010, 45, 1529–1553.
9. Ameta, K. L.; Rathore, N. S.; Kumar, B. Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of novel 1, 5-. benzothiazepine derivatives as anti-lung cancer agents. Int. J. Pharm. 2013, 3, 328–333.
10. Saha, P.; Biswas, A.; Molleti, N.; Singh, V. K. Enantioselective synthesis of highly substituted chromans via the oxa-michael-michael cascade reaction with a bifunctional organocatalyst. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 11115–11122.