The study presents some authors’ experimental results for determination of some quality indicators (few general, specific and toxic physical-chemical indicators) analyzed at the beginning of summer season (June, 2013), in three control sections of Siret River in Pascani town area (i.e. Lunca-Pascani entrance, 1 km-upstream, and 1 km-downstream of Pascani bridge, respectively). The real pollution status of Siret River in Pascani town area is also estimated by the global pollution index (I* GP), and corresponds to values between 3.215-3.891 indicating ‘an aquatic environment modified by domestic and economic activities alongside the river with generation of stress effect against life forms’.
1. VanLoon, G.W.; Duffy, S.J. Environmental chemistry - a global perspective. Oxford University Press, 2nd ed. 2010, New York, pp 197-212.
2. Zaharia, C. Elements of aquatic environment chemistry (in Romanian). Performantica Ed., Iaşi 2011, pp 45-80.
3. Zaharia, C.; Teslaru, M.I. Control and analysis of some water quality indicators of Bahlui River in Iasi county area (spring season). Bul.Inst.Polit. Iasi, series: Chemistry and Chemical Engineering 2012, LVIII(LXII) (2), 69-79.
4. Danalache, E.; Zaharia, C. Control of some quality indicators of Prut River in two control sections (Radauti and Darabani) (spring season). Scientific papers (in Romanian: Lucrari stiintifice), series: Horticulture 2013, 56 (2), 531-536.
5. Teodosiu, C.; Cojocariu, C.; Musteret, C.P.; Dascalescu, I.G.; Caraene, I. Assessment of Human and Natural Impacts Over Water Quality in the Prut River Basin, Romania. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2010, 8 (3), 1439-1450.
6. Lozba-Stibuleac, R.S.; Giurma-Handley, C.R.; Giurma, I. Water Quality Characterization of the Prut River. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2011, 10 (3), 411-419.
7. Benchea, E.R.; Cretescu, I.; Macoveanu, M. Monitoring of Water Quality Indicators for Improving Water Resources Management of Bahlui River. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2011, 10 (3), 327-332.
8. Zaharia, C. A comparative overview of the environmental impact assessment produced by different economic activities using the global pollution index. Proceeding of the 15th International Conference - Modern Technologies, Quality and Innovation, May 25-27, Vol.II 2011, 1185-1188.
9. Zaharia, C. Evaluation of environmental impact produced by different economic activities with the global pollution index. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 2012, 19 (6), 2448-2455.
10. Radu, I.E. Evaluation of Siret River pollution level and also of environmental risk (Pascani municipality) (in Romanian). Dissertation Project: ‘Gh.Asachi’ Technical University of Iaşi, sci. coord.: assoc. prof. C. Zaharia, pp 4-38.
12. Surpateanu, M.; Zaharia, C. Environmental chemistry. Manual of practice applications. Rotaprint ‚Gh.Asachi’ Technical University Publishing House 1999, Iasi, pp 63-92.
13. Surpateanu, M.; Zaharia, C. ABC - Analysis Methods for Control of Environmental Factors. T Press 2002, Iasi, pp 63-140.
14. Zaharia, C.; Suteu, D. Comparative overview of chemical processes in water of Bahlui River. (I) Coagulation-flocculation processes. CISA: Proc. 7th Int. Conf. Applied Sciences, Chem.and Chem.Eng., Bacau, Romania, May 15-18 2013, 89-107.
15. Popa, C.; Cojocaru, C.; Macoveanu, M. Geometrical correlation method for global estimation of the ecosystem state. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2005, 4 (4), 437-447.
16. Macoveanu, M. Methods and techniques of ecological impact assessment (in Romanian). Ecozone Publishing House, 2nd edn. 2005, Iasi, pp 54-88.
17. Zaharia, C.; Murăraşu, I. Environmental impact assessment induced by an industrial unit of basic chemical organic compounds synthesis using the alternative method of global pollution index. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2009, 8 (1), 107-112.
18. Zaharia, C. Assessing the impact of some industrial and transport activities on soil by the global pollution index. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2011, 10 (3), 387-391.
19. Zaharia, C. An environmental impact assessment applied for a unit of machinetools manufacturing. Proceeding of the 14th International Conference - Modern Technologies, Quality and Innovation - ModTech International Conference - New Face of T.M.C.R., May 20-22, Slanic Moldova 2010, 687-690.
20. Mocanu, A.M.; Luca, C.; Odochian, L.; Zaharia, C.; Iordache, C. Assessment of environmental impact of some new aryloxyalkyl carboxilic acid derivatives. Environ. Eng. Manag. J. 2012, 11 (2), 413-420.