This study presents a fuzzy analytic hierarchy process (FAHP) by integrating analytic hierarchy process (AHP) and fuzzy cognition to evaluate the construction risks of tunnel portals. Wuguanyi Tunnel is taken as the research objective to validate the performance of the proposed method. The result shows that the proposed decision making method can effectively identify risk factors and determine the risk level during the construction of tunnel portals. Finally, the corresponding control measures during the construction of the Wuguanyi Tunnel portal are proposed according to the risk assessment results.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. F. Ye C.He S. M.Wang J. L. Zhang. “Landscape design of mountain highway tunnel portals in China” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology 29 52-68 2012.
2. D. Peila S. Pelizza. “Criteria for technical and environmental design of tunnel portals” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology 17 335-340 2002.
3. M. Li “Research of Landscape Design on the Entrance of Highway Tunnel” Master Dissertation Kunming University of Science and Technology Kunming 2008 (in Chinese).
4. Özgür Satıcıa Bahtiyar Ünverba. “Assessment of tunnel portal stability at jointed rock mass: A comparative case study” Computers and Geotechnics 64 72-82 2014.
5. Nezarat Hamidreza Sereshki Farhang Ataei Mohammad. “Ranking of Geological risks in Mechanized Tunneling by Using Fuzzy Analytical Hierarcy Process (FAHP).” Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology 50 358-364 2015.
6. M. Ersoy. “The role of occupational safety measures on reducing accidents in marble quarries of Iscehisar region.” Safety Science 57 293-302 2013.
7. A. Badri S Nadeau A Gbodossou. “A new practical approach to risk management for underground mining project in Quebec.” Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 26 1145-1158 2013
8. K A S Al-Harbi. “Application of the AHP in project management.” International Journal of Project Management 19 19–27 2001.
9. C M Tam T K L Tong G W C Chiu. “Comparing non-structural fuzzy decision support system and analytical hierarchy process in decision making for construction problems.” European Journal of Operational Research 174 1317-1324 2006
10. Q. X. Wang H. Wang Z. Q. Qi. “An application of nonlinear fuzzy analytic hierarchy process in safety evaluation of coal mine.” Safety Science 86 78-87 2016.
11. K Meng Tay C Peng Lim. “Fuzzy FMEA with a guided rules reduction system for prioritization of failures.” International Journal Quality & Reliability Management 23 1047-1066 2006.
12. E. Triantaphyllou S. Mann “An evaluation of the eigenvalue approach for determining the membership values in fuzzy sets” Fuzzy Sets and Systems 35 295-301 1990.
13. G. Lakoff Hedges. “a study in meaning criteria and the logic of fuzzy concepts.” Journal of Philosophical Logic 2 234-281 1977.
14. Laarhoven Van P J M Pedrycz. “A fuzzy extension of Saaty’s priority theory.” Fuzzy Set and Systems 11 229-241 1983.
15. D Y Chang. “Applications of the extent analysis method on fuzzy AHP.” European Journal of Operational Research 95 649-655 1996.
16. B Asady. “The revised method of ranking LR fuzzy number based on deviation degree.” Expert Systems with Applications 37 5056-5060 2010.
17. Y K Zhu. “Fuzzy analytic hierarchy process: Fallacy of the popular methods.” European Journal of Operational Research 239 209-217 2014.
18. Li F Phoon K Du X et al. “Improved AHP method and its application in risk identification.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 139(3) 312-320 2013.
19. B. S. Liang D. L. Cao. “Fuzzy mathematics and application.” Beijing: Science Press 2007. (in Chinese)
20. Y. X. Zhao W. Y. Xu. “Risk assessment of TBM construction for tunnels based on AHP and fuzzy synthetic evaluation.” Rock and Soil Mechanics 30(30) 793-798 2009. (in Chinese)
21. T.L. Saaty L.G. “Vargas Models Methods Concepts & Applications of the Analytic Hierarchy Process.” Springer 2012.