The paper presents a static load test of a pile with the largest vertical load in Poland to-date up to the force of 23000 kN. The test was performed in the centre of Warsaw on the construction site of a future high-rise building to be the tallest building in European Union. The designed building height measured from the ground level is 310 meters including an 80-metre mast. The foundation of the building was designed as a Combined Piled Raft Foundation (CPRF) utilising the barrettes and diaphragm walls technology. The test was carried out on barrettes with lengths of approx. 28 and 34 m and was aimed to estimate the stiffness (load-settlement relation) of the designed 17.5 metre-long barrette situated below the foundation level. In addition to that a series of extensometric sensors was placed inside the barrette to determine the distribution of the axial force.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. G. Kacprzak P. Kravchenko W. Smolak “Load distribution between elements of piled raft foundation in weak ground” Civil and Environmental Engineering no 4(2013) Bialystok University of Technology Publishing
2. G. Kacprzak “Comparison analysis of raft-pile system – theory and practice” Technical transactions 3-Ś/2011 Book 21 Year 108 59-72 Cracow University of Technology Publishing
3. B.Kutera G.Kacprzak “The pile stiffness in a piled-raft foundation” Technical transactions Civil Engineering 2-B/2013 59-69
4. G. Kacprzak S. Bodus B. Kłosiński P. Rychlewski “Raport dotyczący sztywności baret dla inwestycji Varso Tower w Warszawie przy ulicy Chmielnej 71” (Report on barette stiffness for Varso Tower Project in Warsa wat 71 Chmielna St.) WARBUD/IBDiM Poland Warsaw 2018
5. G. Kacprzak S. Bodus “Numerical analysis of the load distribution under the piled raft foundation of the high-rise building” Ann Warsaw Univ. Life Sci. – SGGW Land Reclam. 50 (2):129-13
6. R.Katzenbach S.Leppla “Realistic Modelling of Soil-Structure Interaction for High-Rise Builgings” Technische Uniwersitat Darmstadt Institute and Laboratory of Geotechnics Germany 2015