Rubberized concrete is made up of scrap tyre rubbers where the fine aggregate is partially replaced by it, as the waste rubber is being a threat to the environment. It is estimated that only 4% of the waste tyre is used in the application of civil engineering and also there is shortage of fine aggregates. The primary objective of this study is to investigate the preliminary concrete properties of M25 and M30 concretes. The fine aggregate is replaced by pre-treated crumb rubber with 10, 15 and 20 % of total weight. Various tests are conducted on the rubberized concrete specimens such as compressive strength, split tensile strength, flexural strength and slump test. The investigation is carried out to determine the impact load behavior of hybrid rubberized composite slabs. In addition 0%, 1%, 1.5%, and 2% of replacement of rubber fibers for total weight of coarse aggregate is also made. The specimen of size 300 mm x 300 mm x 50 mm thickness is subjected to drop hammer test to find its performance against the impact loads. The number of blows for the first crack and complete failure of slab was found and the characteristics were studied.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. P.V.Premalatha A.Jennifer S.Shree Janarthanan “Utilization of Waste Tyre in Manufacturing of Non-Structural Concrete” SECM/13/191 4th International Conference on Structural Engineering and Construction Management Kandy Sri Lanka 2013.
2. Santosh C. Jagadale K.Rajkumar R.P.Chavan D.N.Shinde C.L.Patil “Environmental Concern of Pollution in Rubber Industry” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology 4(11) 187-191 2015.
3. Farrag Nermin Mokhtar Ibrahim Vitta Abdel Rehim and Elalfy Ayman Mahmoud “Applicability of using Recycled Rubber- Tire Materials for Acoustic Insulation in Barriers of Residential Areas in Egypt” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 12(3) 806 – 820 2017.
4. Gideon Siringi Ali Abolmaali Pranesh B. Aswath “Properties of Concrete with Tire Derived Aggregate Partially Replacing Coarse Aggregates” The Scientific World Journal 2015 (2015) Article ID 863706 13 pages.
5. Xiang Shu Baoshan Huang “Recycling of Waste Tire Rubber in Asphalt and Portland Cement Concrete: An Overview” Construction and Building Materials xxx xxx–xxx 1-8 2013.
6. Alaa El-Din M. Sharkawi Slah El-Din M. Almofty Eng. Shady M. Abbass “Performance of Green Aggregate Produced by Recycling Demolition Construction Wastes (Case Study of Tanta City)” Engineering 8 52-59 2016.
7. Rahul M Jadhav Pradip D Jadhao and Shantanu G Pande “A Study on Behavior of Metakaolin Base Recycled Aggregate Concrete” International Journal of Structural and Civil Engineering Research 4(1) 50-62 2015.
8. Vishal Porwal Ravi Dwivedi “Studies on Tyre Aggregate Concrete with Fly Ash” International Journal of Science and Research 5(8) 708-711 2016.
9. Netravati Y Banasode “Investigation Performance by Relatively Substitution of Cement and Coarse Aggregate by Fly ash and Waste Tire Rubber in Concrete” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 4(10) 1615 – 1619 2017.
10. Priyanka Asutkar S.B.Shinde RakeshPatel “Study on the behaviour of rubber aggregates concrete beams using analytical approach” Engineering Science and Technology An International Journal 20(1) 151-159 2017.
11. Mohd Kashif Khan Bhanu Pratap Singh “Used of Recycled Tyre/Rubber as Course Aggregate and Stone Dust as Fine Aggregate in Cement Concrete Works” IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering 12 (5) 101-107 2015.
12. Rahul Mahla Er.R.P.Mahla “Partial Replacement of Coarse Aggregate by Waste Tires in Cement Concrete” International Journal of Technical Research 4(2) 95-98 2015.
13. T. Senthil Vadivel & R. Thenmozhi “Experimental study on Waste Tyre Rubber Replaced Concrete – As Ecofriendly construction Material” Journal of Applied Science Research 8(6) 2966 – 2973 2012.
14. M. Mishra & K.C. Panda “An Experimental Study on Fresh and Hardened Properties of Self Compacting Rubberized Concrete” Indian Journal of Science and Technology 8(29) 1-8 2015.
15. S.M. Dumne “An Experimental Study on performance of Recycled Tyre Rubber – Filled Concrete” International Journal of Engineering Research & technology 2(12) 766-772 2013.
16. Saravanan & A. Mansoor Ali “Experimental Study on Concrete by Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate with Crumb Rubber” International conference on Engineering Trends and Science & Humanities www.internationaljournalssrg.org 60-65 2015.
17. Er. YogenderAntil “An Experimental Study on Rubberized Concrete” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering 4(2) 309-316 2014.
18. T. SenthilVadivel R. Thenmozhi & M. Doddurani “Experimental Behaviour of Waste Tyre Rubber Aggregate Concrete Under Impact Loading” IJST Transaction of Civil Engineering 38(C1) 251 – 259 2014.
19. Ahmed N. Bdour and Yahia A. Al- Khalayleh “Innovative Application of Scrap-tire Steel Cords in Concrete Mixes” Jordan Journal of Civil Engineering 4(1) 55-61 2010.
20. Ganesan N Bharati Raj J and Shashikala “Strength and Durability of Self-Compacting Rubberized Concrete” The Indian Concrete Journal 15-24 2012.
21. F. Hernandez-Olivares G. Barluenga “Fire Performance of Recycled Rubber-Filled High Strength Concrete” Cement and Concrete Research 34 109-117 2004.
22. Kotresh K M Mesfingetahunbelachew “Study on Waste Tyre Rubber as Concrete Aggregates” International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology 3(4) 433-436 2014.