The aim of this study is to find the cost design of RC tension with varying conditions using the Artificial Neural Network. Design constraints were used to cover all reliable design parameters, such as limiting cross sectional dimensions and; their reinforcement ratio and even the beahviour of optimally designed sections. The design of the RC tension members were made using Indian and European standard specifications which were discussed. The designed tension members according to both codes satisfy the strength and serviceability criteria. While no literature is available on the optimal design of RC tension members, the cross-sectional dimensions of the tension membersfor different grades of concrete and steel, and area of formwork are considered as the variables in the present optimum design model. A design example is explained and the results are presented. It is concluded that the proposed optimum design model yields rational, reliable, and practical designs.
3. ArunlfoLuevanos-Rojas “Numerical experimentation for the optimal design of reinforced rectangular concrete beams for singly reinforced sections “ DYNA 83(196)pp.No.134-142 2016.
4. P.K. Balachandra S.Adsul. “Cost Optimization Of Doubly Reinforced Rectangular” International journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER)- Vol 2 Issue 5pp.3939-3942 2012.
5. Beams by Neural Networks ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering Vol. 127 No. 7 2001pp. 818-828.
6. Chakarnatty “Model for Optimal Design of Reinforced Concrete Beam” Journal of Structural Engineering Vol 118 (3) pp.No:447-451 1992.
7. G. Preethi Prince G. Arulraj “Optimal Design of Axially Loaded RC Column” Bonfring International journal of Industrial Engineering and Management Science Vol 6 No.3 pp.No.78-81 2016.
8. N.S. Hadi Neural Networks Applications in Concrete structures Computers and Structures Vol. 81 pp.373- 381 2002.
9. H. Sudarsana Rao B. Ramesh Babu “Optimized column design using genetic algorithm based neural networks” Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences Vol 13 pp.No 503-511 2006.
10. ImaRahmanian YvesLucet Solomon Tesfamariam “Optimal Design of reinforced concrete beams:Areview” Computers and Concrete”Vol.13No.4 ppNo.457-482 2014.
11. Luisa Mari a Gil-Martin Mark Aschheim Enrique Hernandez-Montes Mark Aschheim “Optimal reinforcement of RC columns for biaxial bending” Matrials and Structures pp.no 1245-1256 2010.
12. S. Mehta “Cost Optimization of Concrete Beam Element - By Direct Exhaustive Search Method” Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences Vol. 13 pp. 503-511 2006.
13. M.Z. Cohn “limit state design of reinforced concrete structures for maximum yield safety: Indian Concrete Journal Vol. 36 No.6 1962.
14. M. Papadrakakis N.D. Lagaros “Soft Computing Methodologies for Structural optimization” Applied soft computing Vol (3) pp.283-3002003
15. Salim T Yousif Ikhlas S ALsaffar Saddam M.Ahmed “Optimum Design of Singly and Doubly Reinforced Concrete rectangular beam sections: Artificial Neural Network” Iraqi journal of Civil Engineering Volume 6 No.3 2010.
16. A. SaraBabiker M. Fathelrahman. E. Abdelrahman “ Design Optimization Of Reinforced Concrete Beams Using Artificial Neural Network” International Journal of Engineering Inventions Volume 1 Issue 8PP: 07-13 2012.
17. Sinan Melih Nigdeli Gebrail Bekdaş”Optimum design of RC continuous beams considering unfavorable liveload distributions” KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering Vol 20 Issue112 pp No. 1-7 2016.
18. V.PETCU:” Optimal plastic moments reinforced concrete continuous beams” Indian Concrete Journal V.36 No.3 March 1962 pp.110-113.
19. T. Yousif. M. Ahmed “Optimum Design of Singly and Doubly Reinforced Concrete Rectangular Beam Sections: Artificial Neural Networks Application “Iraqi Journal of Civil Engineering Vol. 6 No. 3 pp. 1-19 2006.
20. N. KarthigaShenbagam Dr.N. Arunachalam “Least Cost Design of Axially Loaded Tension Members using Optimization Techniques” International Journal of Printing Packing and Allied Sciences Volume 4 Issue 2 page No.1250-1259 2016.
21. Ashok K Jain Reinforced concrete Limit state design Nem Chand & Bros Roorkee 2010.
22. B.C.Punmia Ashok K JainArun Kr Jain Limit State Design of Reinforced concreteFirewall Media2007
23. Davis L. Hand book of genetic algorithms. Van NostrandReinholt New York. 1991.
24. Design Expert Systems Computers and Structures Vol. 54 No. 31995pp. 367-375.
25. N. Krishnaraju Advanced Reinforced concrete design CBS Publishers and Distibutors New Delhi Bangalore 2009.
26. N. Krishnaraju Reinforced concrete design CBS Publishers and Distibutors New Delhi Bangalore 2009.
27. A. Mukharjee Deshpande. Application of Artificial Neural Networks in Structural
28. Mishra A.K. &AkhilUpadhyay. Compression Design using ANN ICI Journal 2004 pp. 17-19.
29. NilsonDarwin and Dolan “Design of Concrete Structures: McGraw-Hill 13th Edition2004.
30. N.SubramanianDesign of Reinforced concrete StructuresOxford University Press2013
31. P.C.Varghese Limit State Design of Reinforced concrete StructuresPrentice Hall of India Private Limited 2008
32. Rao S.S Engineering Optimization Theory and Practice New Age International publisher 2009