This paper addresses the tensile and flexural strength of HPC (high performance concrete). The aim of the paper is to analyse the efficiency of models proposed in different codes. In particular, three design procedures from: the ACI 318 , Eurocode 2  and the Model Code 2010  are considered. The associations between design tensile strength of concrete obtained from these three codes and compressive strength are compared with experimental results of tensile strength and flexural strength by statistical tools. Experimental results of tensile strength were obtained in the splitting test. Based on this comparison, conclusions are drawn according to the fit between the design methods and the test data. The comparison shows that tensile strength and flexural strength of HPC depend on more influential factors and not only compressive strength.
5. I. Narrow E. Ullberg Correlation Between Splitting Strength and Flexural Strength of Concrete Journal Proceedings Vol.60 Issue 1 1963.
6. EN 12390-3:2010 Testing hardened concrete. Part 3: Compressive strength of test specimens European Committee for Standardization 2010.
7. EN 12390-6:2010 Testing hardened concrete. Part 6: Tensile splitting strength of test specimens European Committee for Standardization 2010.
8. P. Woyciechowski M. Piotrowicz Ocena wpływu klasy pielęgnacji na wybrane cechy eksploatacyjne betonu Materiały Budowlane 2 (498) Warszawa 2014.
9. EN 12390-5:2010 Testing hardened concrete. Part 5: Flexural strength of test specimens European Committee for Standardization 2010.
10. L.S. Aiken S.G. West Multiple regression: Testing and interpreting interactions Sage Publications USA 1996.
11. T.J. Hestie R.J. Tibshirani Generalized additive models Chapman Hall London 1990.
12. G.E. Box D.A. Pierce Distribution of residual autocorrelations in autoregressive integrated moving average time series models Journal of the American Statistical Association vol.65 Boston 1970.
13. M. Słowik M. Rogalska The statistical analysis of design methods efficiency in determining shear capacity of reinforced concrete beams Proceedings of the 11th International Probabilistic Workshop Brno 2013.
14. S.S. Shapiro M.B. Wilk. An analysis of variance test for normality complete samples. Biometrica vol.54 Great Brittan 1965.