The paper considers method of determination of solar radiation amount falling on arbitrarily oriented surface of a structure. Provided method allows calculation of influence of structure’s geographical coordinates, spatial orientation of structure’s surface, day of year and time of day on received amount of solar radiation. The method is intended for determination of thermal stresses and deformations of sheet steel structures caused by action of direct solar radiation. Examples show usage of provided method.
1. I.V. Savel`yev, Course of general physics: v. 2. Electricity and magnetics. Waves. Optics. — 3rd edition, corrected, Science, Moscow 1988.
2. K.Y. Kondrat`ev, Actinometry, Leningrad 1965.
3. J.A. Duffie, W.A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., New York, NY, 1982.
4. S.-H. KIM, K.-I. CHO, J.-H. WON, A study on thermal behaviour of curved steel box girder bridges considering solar radiation, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 9, 3, 59-76, 2009.
5. DBN V.1.2-2:2006. The system of ensuring reliability and safety of building objects. Loads and actions. Design norms. Kiev 2006.
6. SP 20.13330.2011 Loads and actions. Actualized revision of SNiP 2.01.07-85*. Moscow 2011.
7. Eurocode 1: Actions on structures – Part 1-5: General actions -Thermal actions. CEN. 2003.