This paper is devoted to the application of ultrasonic wave propagation phenomena for the diagnostics of prestressed, concrete, bridge T-beams. A multi-point damage detection system is studied with use of numerically obtained data. The system is designed to detect the presence of the material discontinuities as well as their location.
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.
1. Adamczewski G., Nicał A., Large-dimension prefabricated concrete elements (in Polish), Inżynier budownictwa, 3, 46–53, 2012
2. Cieśla J., Biskup M., Gałat A., Skawiński M., Precast concrete bridge beams compressed In Poland – history – state of the art, Przegląd budowlany, 4, 19–23, 2013
3. Rucka M., Wilde K.: Non–destructive diagnostics of concrete cantilever beam and slab by impact echo method. Diagnostyka, 3, 63–68, 2010
4. J. Hoła, K. Schabowicz, State-of-the-art non-destructive methods for diagnostic testing of building structures – anticipated development trends, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, X (3) (2010) 5-18
5. A. Garbacz, Non-destructive assessment of repair efficiency with impact-echo and ultrasonic methods – an overview, International Conference on Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retrofitting (ICCRRR) Cape Town, South Africa, 2005.
6. Sansalone M.J., Street W.B. Impact Echo. Nondestructive Evaluation of Concrete and Masory. Bullbrier Press, Ithaca, N.Y., 1997
7. Drobiec Ł., Jasiński R., Piekarczyk A.: Defect localization methods of concreto structures – the ultrasonic method (in Polish), Przegląd Budowlany, 9, 29–36, 2007
8. Mariak A., Rucka M., Wilde K.: Ultrasonic diagnostics of concrete T-beams used in bridge structures. Proceedings of the 4th German-Polish PhD Symposium: Current Scientific Challenges in Concrete and Steel Structures, Material Technology and Structural Fire Protection
9. Michael Moles, Luke Robertson, Tony Sinclair, Developments in Time-Of-Flight Diffraction (TOFD), 18th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, 16–20 April 2012, Durban, South Africa
10. Yonghong Zhang, Yu Wang, Ming J. Zuo, Xiaodong Wang, Ultrasonic Time -of- Flight diffraction crack size identification based on cross- correlation, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2G8
11. J. P. Charlesworth, J. A. G. Temple. Engineering application of ultrasonic time-of-flight-diffraction, Second edition, London: Research Studies Press Ltd, 2001