Influence of geometric imperfections of mast shaft in form of initial mast span curvatures both on internal forces status in the structure elements as well as on those elements effort, which is particularly important at the design stage, was analysed based on an example of certain specific mast. The calculations were performed taking into account L/1000 imperfections equal to the permissible assembly deviations as per , and L/500 equal to initial imperfections as for uniform built-up columns according to . Remarks and final conclusions have practical meaning and can be useful in design practice.
1. EN 1993-3-1. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Part 3-1: Towers, masts and chimneys – Tower and masts.
2. EN 1993-1-1. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings.
3. DIN V 4131. Antennentragwerke aus Stahl, 2008.
4. EN 1991-1-4. Eurocode 1: Actions on structures. Part 1-4: general actions – wind actions.
5. Sz. Pałkowski, On numerical analysis of masts using theory of the second order, Inżynieria i Budownictwo, 8, 436–438 [in Polish].
6. Sz. Pałkowski, Steel structures, Some issues of calculating and designing, PWN, 2009 [in Polish].
7. M. Matuszkiewicz, Computation of guyed lattice masts according to PN-EN 1993–3–1, Inżynieria i Budownictwo, 4, 194–199, 2010 [in Polish].
8. M. Matuszkiewicz, Calculation of guyed masts in accordance with EN 1993–3–1 standard taking into account mast shaft geometrical imperfections, Engineering Structures, 33, 2044–2048, 2011.
9. EN 1993-1-11. Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures. Part 1-11: Design of structures with tension components.