The paper presents the method of probabilistic optimisation of load bearing capacity and reliability of statically indeterminate bar structures, and of coupling of members in kinematically admissible failure mechanisms (KAFM), which contain minimal critical sets of elements (MCSE). The latter are characterised by the fact that if only a single element is operational, the whole set is operational too. A method of increasing load bearing capacity and reliability of KAFM built from bars dimensioned in accordance with the code is presented. The paper also shows estimation of load bearing capacity and reliability of KAFM of the optimised structures containing elastic-plastic bars with quasi-brittle connections with nodes. The necessity of increasing connection of load bearing capacity and reliability in relation to bar reliability in order to prevent bars from being excluded from MCSE due to connection fracture is estimated.
1. BARYŁKA J., Collapses in Poland caused by climatic phenomena (in Polish). GUNB, Warszawa 30.09.2009. www.koalicjaklimatyczna.org/lang/pl/page/ conference materials /id/8/.
2. GWÓŻDŻ M., MACHOWSKI A., Selected Problems and Building Structure Calculations with Probabilistic Methods (in Polish). Wyd. Politechniki Krakowskiej, Kraków 2011.
3. DZIUBDZIELA W., KOPOCIŃSKI B., KOWAL Z., Ultimate bearing capacity of structural systems with minimal critical sets having connection elements in pairs. Archives of Mechanics 25, 5 / 1973, pp. 719-731.
4. KOPOCIŃSKI B., Outline of Theory of Rehabilitation and Reliability (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa 1973.
5. KOWAL Z.,Zuverlassigkeit von Konstruktionssystemen. Wissenschaftliche Zeitschrift der Technischen Universitat Dresden 25 / 1976 H. 1 / 2, pp. 265-270.
6. KOWAL Z., Probabilistic Optimisation of Bearing Capacity of Columns in Conventional Halls. ZNPR nr 283, Z. 59 (2/2012/II), pp. 185-192.
7. KOWAL Z., On Adjusting the Load Bearing Capacity of Decisive Members to Reliability Classes of Statically Determinate Complex Structures. Archives of Civil Engineering, LIX, 1, 2013, pp. 132-142.
8. KOWAL Z., The formation of space bar structures supported by the system reliability theory, Arch. of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vol. XI, No. 1, 2011. Polish Ac. of Sciences - Wrocław Branch., Wrocław Univ. of Technology.
9. KOWAL Z., Hazards associated with the load-bearing capacity of bar space structures during assembly and performance. Promysłowe budiwnyctwo ta inżenerni sporudy, Kiev, 2011, Nr 3, pp. 34-40.
10. KOWAL Z., Dimensioning Bar Connections in Trusses from the Structure Reliability Standpoint (in Polish). Conference paper, Krynica 2010, T. Problemy badawcze budownictwa, pp. 675-682.
11. MURZEWSKI J., Reliability of Engineering Structures (in Polish), Arkady, Warszawa 1989.
12. Eurocode PN-EN - 1990:2002 Fundamentals of Structural Design with Appendix B.
13. PN-EN 1991-1-5:2005, Eurocode 1: Actions on Structures.
14. Eurocode PN-EN - 1993 Design of Steel Structures.
15. ZIELIŃSKI R., Statistical Tables (in Polish), PWN, Warszawa 1972.