David D. Celentano, Wendy W. Davis and Chris C. Beyrer
1. Faurci AS, Folkers GK. Investing to meet the scientific challenges of HIV/AIDS. Health Affairs. 2009; 28: 1629-41.
2. Rotheram-Borus MJ, Swendeman D, Chovmnick G. The past, present and future of HIV prevention: Integrating behavioral, biomedical and structural intervention strategies for the next generation of HIV prevention. Annu Rev Clin Psychol. 2009; 5:143-67.
3. Auvert B, Taljaard D, Lagarde E, Sobngwi-Tambekou J, Sitta R, et al. Randomized, controlled intervention trial of male circumcision
in the new Europe: new conditions for alcohol prevention: a review of knowledge]. Vol. 2002:11. Stockholm: Swedish National Institute of Public Health.
Andréasson, S., Nilsson, T., & Bränström, R. (2009). Monitoring alcohol and alcohol related problems in Sweden. Contemporary Drug Problems, 36, 625-642.
Babor, T., Caetano, R., Casswell, S., Edwards, G., Giesbrecht, N., Graham, K., et al., … Rossow, I. (2003). Alcohol: No ordinary commodity - Research and public policy. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Brand, D. A
, Yoshida H, Shiratori Y. Prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma and its recurrence in chronic hepatitis C patients by interferon therapy. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2005;3:S141-143. Tanaka Y, Hanada K, Mizokami M, Yeo AE,
12 Shih JW, Gojobori T, et al. Inaugural Article: A comparison of the molecular clock of hepatitis C virus in the United States and Japan predicts that hepatocellular carcinoma incidence in the United States will increase over the next two decades. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2002;99:15584-15589.
13 El-Serag HB, Davila JA
Tiberius Mogoş, Carmen Dondoi, Claudia Chelan and Andra Evelin Iacobini
96: 1-6, 2005.
10. Sugimura T . Food and cancer. Toxicology 81-182: 17-21, 2002.
11. Pratheeshkumar P, Sreekala C, Zhang Z et al . Cancer prevention with promising natural products: mechanisms of action and molecular targets. Anticancer Agents Med Chem 12: 1159-1184, 2012.
12. Osmak M, Kovacek I, Ljubenkov I, Spaventi R, Eckert-Maksić M.; . Ascorbic acid and 6-deoxy-6-chloro-ascorbic acid: potential anticancer drugs. Neoplasma 44: 101-107, 1997.
13. Kandaswami C, Lee LT, Lee PP, et al . The antitumor activities of flavonoids. In Vivo
Md. Rajdoula Rafe, Syeda Naureen Ahmed and Zebunnesa Ahmed
vitro inhibition of Chikungunya and Semliki Forest viruses replication by antiviral compounds: synergistic effect of interferon-α and ribavirin combination. Antv Res . 2004;61(2):111-7.
44. Guzzetta G, Trentini F, Poletti P, Baldacchino FA, Montarsi F, Capelli G, et als. Effectiveness and economic assessment of routine larviciding for prevention of chikungunya and dengue in temperate urban settings in Europe. PLoS Negl Trop Dis . 2017;11(9):e0005918.
45. Powers AM. Vaccine and Therapeutic Options To Control Chikungunya Virus. Clin Mbio Reviews . 2018
In recent years, there have been advances in stroke prevention in relation to nutrition, blood pressure control, antiplatelet therapy, anticoagulation, identification of high-risk asymptomatic carotid stenosis, and percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale. These will be discussed, as will two issues that may lead to future advances in stroke prevention: a paradigm change to “treating arteries instead of treating risk factors,” and recent findings related to the intestinal microbiome and atherosclerosis.
In the field of nutrition, several
Joanna Girzelska, Magdalena Głowacka, Dorota Wilk-Jeziorska, Agnieszka Malikowska, Jolanta Dziewulska and Anna Jasiówka
1. Hawkley LC, Cacioppo JT. Loneliness matters: A theoretical and empirical review of consequences and mechanisms. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 2010;40: 218-227.
2. Peplau LA, Perlman D. Perspectives on loneliness. [in] Peplau LA, Perlman D. (eds.): Loneliness: A Sourcebook of Current Theory, Research and Therapy. New York: Wiley, 1982, s. 1-8.
3. Rokach A. Loneliness, alienation, solitude, and our lives. [in] Sha’ked A., Rokach A. (eds.): Addressing loneliness: Coping, prevention and clinical interventions. New York; 2015: s. 3
: an example of an organisational investigation, Journal of Safety Science, Vol 48, No. 1, pp. 80-90.
 Khanzode V., Maiti J., Ray P., 2012. Occupational injury and accident research: a comprehensive review, Journal on Safety Science, Vol 50, pp. 1355-1367.
 Arstad I. and Engen OA, 2018, Preventing major accidents: Conductions for a Functional risk ownership, Safety Science, Vol.106, pp. 57-65
 Jabbari M, Ghorbani R., 2016, Developing techniques for cause-responsibility analysis of occupational accidents, Accident Analysis and Prevention
Shamsur R. Choudhury, Amelia Furbish and Tahseen A. Chowdhury
participate in prevention, but may also obscure the understanding of diabetes.
A qualitative study has shown that cultural attitudes to lifestyle can be difficult to overcome. Among South Asian adults, knowledge of the impact of poor lifestyle on health appears to be good, but significant barriers to improving lifestyle are apparent [ 5 ] . Physical activity is acknowledged as a strategy in preventing diabetes, but what constitutes physical activity varies considerably. In a study in East London, prayer was cited as sufficient to sustain health, and discordant views were
caries prevention. Lecture. IV International Congress of Medical Sciences- ICMS. Sofia, 12-15.05. 2005
15. Boteva E. Tunnel restorations of Class II Caries lesions. Caries Research, 43, 2009, 3, 231, Abstr.145.
16. Boteva Е. Significance of the size of the clinical crowns of molars in cariology and endodontics. Acta Medica Bulgarica, 37, 2010, 2, 94-98.
17. Boteva E. Endodontic treatment of periapical lesions-evidence based approach. 17 Congress of ESE, Sept. 2011, Rome, Abstr. 16.
18. Boteva Е. Use of