Sait Ege Eryürük, Canan Hekimoğlu, Elif Tuba Akçin and Yeliz Çavuşoğlu
1. Chu SJ, Thrushkowsky RD, Paravina RD. Dental color matching instruments and systems. Review of clinical and research aspects. J Dent, 2010;38s:e2-e16.
2. Paul S, Peter N, Pietrobon N, Hämmerle CHF. Visual spectrophotometric shade analysis of human teeth. J Dent Res, 2002;81:149-152.
3. Paravina RD, Powers JM. Esthetic color training in dentistry. St. Louis: Elsevier Mosby; 2004.
4. Vichi A, Louca C, Corciolani G, Marco F. Color related to ceramic and zirconia restorations: a review. Dent Mater, 2011;27:97-108.
Mosa Alrifai, Hassan Alharby, Joanna Zubrzycka-Wróbel and Renata Chałas
procedures. J Prosth Dent. 2009;101:92-100.
14. Lagouvardos PE, Fougia AG, Diamantopoulou SA, Polyzois GL. Repeatability and interdevice reliability of two portable color selection devices in matching and measuring tooth color. J Prosth Dent. 2009;101:40-5.
15. Paul S, Peter A, Pietrobon N, Hammerle CH. Visual and spectrophotometric shade analysis of human teeth. J Dent Res. 2002;81:578-82.
16. Rosenstiel SF, Land MF, Fujimoto J. Contemporary fixed prosthodontics. 4th ed. Mosby, St. Louis; 2006. p. 709-39.
A. Dilek Nalbant, Yeşim Göknur Babaç, İrem Türkcan, Kaan Yerliyurt, Cihan Akçaboy and Levent Nalbant
matching errors among five shade guides. J Oral Rehabil, 2009; 36:65-70.
33. Cho BH, Lim YK, Lee YK. Comparison of the color of natural teeth measured by a colorimeter and Shade Vision System. Dent Mater, 2007; 23:1307-1312.
34. Hasegawa A, Ikeda I, Kawaguchi S. Color and translucency of in vivo natural central incisors. J Prosthet Dent, 2000; 83:418-423.
35. Russell MD, Gulfraz M, Moss BW. In vivo measurement of colour changes in natural teeth. J Oral Rehabil, 2000; 27:786-792.
36. Jahangiri L, Reinhardt
Katarina Vitoševic, Danijela Todorovic, Zivana Slovic, Radica Zivkovic-Zaric and Milos Todorovic
. Forensic Sci Int Genet. 2008;3: 27-31. [DOI: 10.1016/j.fsigen.2008.08.006].
23. Miloš A, Selmanović A, Smajlović L et al. Success rates of nuclear short tandem repeat typing from different skeletal elements. Croat Med J. 2007;48(4): 486-93. [PMID:17696303].
24. Higgins D, Rohrlach AB, Kaidonis J, Townsend G, Austin JJ. Differential nuclear and mitochondrial DNA preservation in post-mortem teeth with implications for forensic and ancient DNA studies. PLoS One. 2015;10(5): e0126935. [DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126935].
25. Sakari SL, Jimson S, Masthan KM
Ekaterina G. Karteva, Neshka A. Manchorova, Stoyan B. Vladimirov and Donka A. Keskinova
1. Assif D, Gorfil C. Biomechanical considerations in restoring endodontically treated teeth. J Prosthet Dent 1994;71(6):565-7.
2. Peroz I, Blankenstein F, Lange KP, et al. Restoring endodontically treated teeth with posts and cores - a review. Quintessence Int 2005;36(9):737-46.
3. Naumman M, Preuss A, Frankenberger R. Reinforcement effect of adhesively luted fiber reinforced composite versus titanium post. Dent Mater 2007;23(2):138-44.
4. Heydecke G, Butz F, Hussein A, et al. Fracture strength after dynamic loading of
Manuela-Maria Manziuc, Cristina Gasparik, Marius Negucioiu, Mariana Constantiniuc, Alexandru Burde, Ioana Vlas and Diana Dudea
1. Vichi A, Louca C, Corciolani G, Ferrari M. Color related to ceramic and zirconia restorations: A review. Dental Materials 2011; 27: 97-108.
2. Raptis NV, Michalakis KX, Hirayama H. Optical behaviour of current ceramic systems. International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry 2006; 26: 31-41.
3. O’Boyle KH, Norling BK, Cagna DR, Phoenix RD. An investigation of new metal framework design for metal ceramic restorations. J Prosthet Dent 1997; 78: 295-301.
4. Christensen GJ. Choosing an all-ceramic restorative
1. Bergen SF. Color in esthetics. NY State Dent J, 1985; 51:470-471.
2. Donahue J, Goodkind R, Schwabacher W, Aeppli D. Shade color discrimination by man and woman. J Prosthet Dent, 1991; 65:699-703.
3. Chamberlain GJ, Chamberlain DG. Colour - its measurement, computation and application. 1st ed. London (UK): Heyden, 1980.
4. Haddad H, Jakstat H, Arnetzl G, Borbely J, Vichi A, Dumfahrt H, Renault P, Corcodel N, Pohlen B, Marada G, Martinez Vazquez de Parga J, Reshad M, Klinke T, Hannak
Background: The preparation junction type is determined by a number of factors that need to be taken in consideration with CAD/CAM Fixed Prosthodontics: the used material; the condition of the retainer teeth, their periodontium and the occlusion; the design software and the type of drills; the working protocol; the cement and the method of cementation.
The aim: of this article is to describe the optimal preparation junctions for CAD/CAM crown and bridge restorations made by ceramics based on zirconium dioxide and the basic factors that affect them.
Materials and methods: Chamfer and radial shoulder preparation junctions are suitable (width 1 - 1, 5 mm). Trimming of 1, 5-2 mm dental tissues is necessary on the occlusal surface. The homothetic tooth reduction is optimal. The surface has to be smooth and the edges rounded.
Results: The preparation width depends on the size and vitality of the tooth. In stained teeth the removal of more tissues provides a greater volume needed for masking the dark color. Vestibular preparation under the level of the gingiva is preferable to ensure optimal aesthetics. The preparation junction is determined also by the CAD/CAM software abilities, the type of drills and protocol of impression taking (classical or digital). The creation of a working model with an intraoral scanner is greatly facilitated by preparations above the gingival margin.
Conclusions: Knowledge about the criteria for selection of preparation junctions is essential for fabrication of accurate and aesthetic CAD/CAM restorations.
1. Anderson JO, Munksgaard EC, Bakland LK . Comparison of fracture resistance in root canals of immature sheep teeth after filling with calcium hydroxide or MTA. Dent Traumatol , 2006; 22:154-156.
2. Andreasen FM, Andreasen JO, Cvek M . Root fractures In: Textbook and color atlas of traumatic injuries to teeth. Copenhagen: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2007; pp 337-371.
3. Andreasen FM, Andreasen JO, Cvek M . Root fractures In: Textbook and color atlas of traumatic injuries to teeth. Copenhagen: Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2007; pp 698