Eleonora Mircia, Laurian Vlase, Gabriel Hancu, Monica Budău and Ruxandra Soare
criterion for dissolution profile interpretation. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2001;27:885-892.
 Ward A, Clissold SP. Pentoxifylline. A review of its pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties, and its therapeutic efficacy. Drugs 1987;34:50-97.
Shahinul Alam, SKM Nazmul Hasan, Golam Mustafa, Mahabubul Alam, Mohammad Kamal and Nooruddin Ahmad
therapeutic interventions to control concomitant disease, for example, hyperlipidemia, hypertension and type 2 DM. Pentoxifylline (PTX) is known to decrease oxidative stress.[ 10 ] PTX also has hydroxyl and peroxyl radical scavenging effects[ 11 ] and specifically inhibits lipid peroxidation.[ 12 ] Moreover, pentoxifylline has anti-inflammatory properties and it is also known to definitely suppress TNF- α gene transcription, preventing TNF- α synthesis.[ 13 ] Therefore, PTX plays an important role in the inhibition of second hit hypothesis required for pathogenesis of
Marek Lecewicz, Rafał Strzeżek, Anna M. Majewska, Piotr S. Purpurowicz and Władysław Kordan
-Hani S.A. (2011). Semen quality and chemical oxidative stress; quantification and remediation. ETD Archive, 24, https://engagedscholarship.csuohio.edu/etdarchive/24 .
Banihani S.A., Abu-Alhayjaa R.F. (2016). The activity of seminal creatine kinase is increased in the presence of pentoxifylline. Andrologia, 48: 603–604.
Barakat I.A., Danfour M.A., Galewan F.A., Dkhil M.A. (2015). Effect of various concentrations of caffeine, pentoxifylline, and kallikrein on hyperactivation of frozen bovine semen. Biomed. Res. Int., 2015: 1–7.
Belala R., Fatmi S
Viera Kristová, Milan Kriška, Róbert Vojtko, Miriam Petrová, Silvia Líšková, Radoslav Villáris, Zoltán Varga and Martin Wawruch
, Djibril MN, Fačkovcová D, Kriška M, Kurtanský A. (2002). Comparison of vasoconstrictor responses to selected NSAIDs in rabbit renal and femoral arteries. Bratisl Lek Listy 103 : 50-53.
Kristová V, Kiss A, Pirnik Z, Kriška M, Ježová D. (2006). Effect of pentoxifylline on endothelaemia and hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis activation in female rats under stress exposure. Gen Physiol Biophys 25 : 81-89.
Kristová V, Kriška M, Babál P, Djibril MN, Slámová J, Kurtanský A. (2000). Evaluation of endothelium
disease. Atherosclerosis 239: 192-202, 2015.
28. Ma YY, Li L, Yu CH, Shen Z, Chen LH, Li YM. Effects of probiotics on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a meta-analysis. World J Gastroenterol 19: 6911-6918, 2013.
29. Dyson JK, Anstee QM, McPherson S. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a practical approach to treatment. Postgrad Med J 91: 92–101, 2015.
30. Li W, Zheng L, Sheng C, Cheng X, Qing L, Qu S. Systematic review on the treatment of pentoxifylline in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Lipids Health Dis 10: 49, 2011
Javor Mitkov, Nikolai Danchev, Irina Nikolova and Alexander Zlatkov
phenols, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 88 (1966) 1020--1024; DOI: 10.1021/ja00957a028.
D. L. Bowton, D. A. Stump, D. S. Prough, D. S. Lefkowitz and L. Coker, Pentoxifylline increases cerebral blood flow in patients with cerebrovascular disease, Stroke 20 (1989) 1662--1666.
C. D. Nicholson, Pharmacology of nootropics and metabolically active compounds in relation to their use in dementia, Psychopharmacology 101 (1990) 147--159; DOI: 10.1007/BF02244119.
B. L. Eun, X. H. Liu and J. D. E. Barks
Eliza Russu, Adrian Vasile Mureșan, Bogdan Andrei Cordoș, Constantin Copotoiu and Ovidiu Simion Cotoi
by different graft materials In Vitro are affected by pentoxifylline and iloprost. J Biomed Master Res. 1997;36:400.
7. Raiter A, Bechor Z, Kleiman M, et al. Angiogenic peptides improve blood flow and promote capillary growth in a diabetic and ischaemic mouse model. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010;40(3):381-388.
8. Alobaid N, Salacinski HJ, Sales KM, et al. Nanocomposites containing bioactive peptides promote endothelialisation by circulating progenitor cells: An In Vitro evaluation. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006
Stoyanka Tancheva, Stefka V. Valcheva-Kuzmanova, Radko Zl. Radev, Miroslav D. Marinov, Borislav Boychev, Temenuga Stoeva, Svetlozara K. Boyadjieva and Kiril Sv. Nenov
1. Yagmurlu A, Boleken ME, Ertoy D, et al. Preventive effect of pentoxifylline on renal scarring in rat model of pyelonephritis. Urology 2003;61(5):1037-41.
2. Li ML, Liang B, Tang JW, et. al. Pharmacodynamic study of Relinqing granules on bacterial pyelonephritis model in rats. Zhongguo Zhongyao Zazhi 2006;31(2):153-5.
3. Emamghorashi F, Owji SM, Kohanteb J, et al. Every other day gentamicin injection in experimental pyelonephritis in rats: risk of scar formation. Iran J Med Sci 2007
Ali Akbar Malekirad, Mahya Faghih, Mansuoreh Mirabdollahi, Mahdi Kiani, Arezoo Fathi and Mohammad Abdollahi
metabolism as a non-cholinergic detoxication mechanism in counteracting diazinon-induced oxidative stress. Hum Exp Toxicol 2006;25:697-703.
22. Panahi P, Vosough-Ghanbari S, Pournourmohammadi S, Ostad SN, Nikfar S, Minaie B, Abdollahi M. Stimulatory effects of malathion on the key enzymes activities of insulin secretion in Langerhans islets, glutamate dehydrogenase and glucokinase. Toxicol Mech Methods 2006;16:161-7.
23. Amirkabirian N, Teimouri F, Esmaily H, Mohammadirad A, Aliahmadi A, Abdollahi M. Protection by pentoxifylline of diazinon
Nazila Pourkhalili, Shirin Pournourmohammadi, Fatemeh Rahimi, Sanaz Vosough-Ghanbari, Maryam Baeeri, Seyed Ostad and Mohammad Abdollahi
pentoxifylline of diazinon-induced toxic stress in rat liver and muscle. Toxicol Mech Methods 2007;17:215--21.
Basiri S, Esmaily H, Vosough-Ghanbari S, Mohammadirad A, Yasa N, Abdollahi M. Improvement by Satureja khuzestanica essential oil of malathion-induced red blood cells acetylcholinesterase inhibition and altered hepatic mitochondrial glycogen phosphorylase and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase activities. Pest Biochem Physiol 2007;89:124--9.
Abdollahi M, Ranjbar A, Shadnia S, Nikfar S, Rezaiee A. Pesticides and