O. Vilitis, M. Rutkis, J. Busenbergs and D. Merkulovs
1. Vilitis, O., Rutkis, M., Busenbergs, J., and Merkulovs, D. (2016). Determination of contact potential difference by the Kelvinprobe (Part I). 1. Basic principles of measurements probe. Latv. J. Phys. Techn. Sci., 2 , 48–57.
2. Palevsky, H., Swank, R.K., and Grenchik, R. (1947). Design of dynamic condenser electrometers. Rev. Sci. Instrum , 18 , 298–314.
3. Mitchinson, J.C., Prongle, R.D., and Farvis, W.E.J. (1971). Surface potential measurement using a rotating dynamic capacitor. J.phys., E 4, 525–529.
M. Kucinska, M.Z. Szymanski, I. Frac, F. Chandezon and J. Ulanski
Charge-carrier transport in the channel of bottom gate, top contact organic field effect transistors with anisotropic layers of 6,13-bis(triisopropylsilylethynyl) pentacene (TIPS-Pentacene) obtained by zone casting was investigated using scanning Kelvin probe microscopy combined with atomic force microscopy. The TIPS-Pentacene continuous layers consisted of thin crystals unidirectionally oriented in the channel. Devices with perpendicular and parallel charge flow in the transistor channel were prepared. It was found that irregularities in the surface morphology at the semiconductor layer in the transistor channel are correlated with the local potential profile, and that the channel resistance strongly depends on the orientation of the TIPS-Pentacene crystals.
B. Niparte, I. Muzikante, E. Fonavs and D. Gustina
). Photoisomerization of azobenzenes. In: Photoreactive organic thin films. Academic Press, pp. 3-104.
Muzikante, I., Fonavs, E., Stiller, B., Brehmer, L. (2005). Photoinduced phenomena in organised polar organic films. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 116 , 133-141.
Vilitis, O., Fonavs, E., & Muzikante, I. (2001). A system for measuring surface potential by the Kelvin-Zisman vibrating capacitor probe. Latvian J. Phys. Techn. Sci. , (5), 38-56.
Dobulans, R., Cepite, D., Fonavs, E., & Muzikante
. Putman, A. J. Constant, G. De, G. Bart, J. Greve. Adhesion Force Imaging in Air and Liquid by Adhesion Mode Atomic Force Microscopy. Applied Physics Letters, 65 (1994), No. 9, 1195-1197.
 Thomas, R. C., J. E. Houston, R. M. Crooks, T. S. Kim, T. A. Michalske. Probing Adhesion Forces at the Molecular Scale. J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 117 (1995), No. 13, 3830-3834.
 Thundat, T., X. Y. Zheng, G. Y. Chen, R. J. Warmack. Role of Relative Humidity in Atomic Force Microscopy Imaging. Surface Science Letters, 294 (1993), 939
Mechanical Stress on the Properties of Steel Surfaces: Scanning KelvinProbe and Local Electrochemical Impedance Study. Journal of The Electrochemical Society 2017, 164 (2), C66-C74.
4. Ren, Z. K.; Zang, S.; Pang, X. L.; Gao, K. V. A novel observation of the interaction between the microelastic stress and electrochemical corrosion of law carbon steel in 3,5 wt% NaCl solution. Electrochemica.Acta [Online] 2012, 85, 283-294. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013468612013692 (accessed June 03, 2016).
PHOTOELECTRICAL PROPERTIES OF INDANDIONE CHROMOPHORE IN SOLID STATE
The optically induced switching of electrical properties of indandione type molecules, which consist of acceptor and donor groups, are investigated. Both calculation and experimental results show a reversible highly dipolar photoinduced intramolecular electron transfer in 2-(4'-N, N-dimethylaminobenzyliden)indan-1,3-dione molecule (DMABI). Kelvin's probe technique is applied to investigate the surface potential of a host-guest polymer film with four different DMABI derivatives. The derivatives have been chosen to compare the influence of the geometry, concentration and dipole moment of a molecule in the ground and excited states on the response time and amplitude of photoinduced surface potential. It is shown that the time of fast response (up to several seconds) to irradiation is independent of the concentration of molecules in a polymer film. Dependence of the amplitudes of photoinduced changes in the surface potential on the molecules concentration is observed for DMABI and its three derivatives. The optimal concentration of guest molecules in the polymer matrix is in the range 10-25 wt% (depending on the molecule).
1. Palani, S.; et al. Modeling Approach for Galvanic Corrosion Protection of Multimaterial Aircraft Structures, 2011. BEASY Software and Services. http://www.beasy.com/news/pdfs/Aircraft_Structure_Corrosion_DOD_2011.pdf (accessed May 17, 2013)
2. Stratmann. M.; Streckel. H. On the atmospheric corrosion of metals which are covered with thin electrolyte layers I-III. Corrosion Science 1990 , 30, 681-734
3. Frankel, G. S.; et al. Potential control under thin aqueous layers using a KelvinProbe
doped with phosphoric acid by scanning Kelvinprobe and other electrochemical methods, Journal of Taiwan Institute. Chemical Engeniering 2017 , 70, 427-436.
5. Kalendová A., Kalenda P. Antikorozní nátěrové hmoty ve vícevrstvých systémech, Corrosion and Protection of Materials 1994 , 38 (5), 81-89.
6. Kalendová A., Antoš P. Anticorrosive coatings in multilayer systems, Corrosion and Protection of Materials 1998 , 42, 55-57.
7. Kalendová A. Alkalising and neutralising effects of anticorrosive pigments containing Zn, Mg, Ca, and Sr cations
(1898). Philos. Mag., 46 , 82-120
Zisman, W.A. (1932). Rev. Sci. Instr., 3 , 367-370
Vilitis, O., Fonavs, E., & Muzikante, I. (2001). A system for measuring surface potential by the Kelvin-Zisman vibrating capacitor probe. Latv. J. Phys. Techn. Sci. , (5), 38-56.
Gross, B., Giacometti, J.A., & Leal Ferreira, G.F. (1981). Corona method for investigation of charge storage and transport in dielectrics. Annual Report of Conf. On Insul. And Diel. Phenomena , 39