Qin Zhou, Yu-feng Gao, Xiao-miao Zhao, Fa-ming Pan and Xu Li
1. Cui W, Sun CM, Deng BC, Liu P. Association of polymorphisms in the interleukin-4gene with response to hepatitis B vaccine and susceptibility to hepatitis B virus infection: a meta-analysis. Gene 2013; 525(1):35-40.
2. Poynard T, Bedossa P, Opolon P. Natural history of liver fibrosis progression in patients with chronic hepatitis C. The Obsvirc, Metavir, Clinvir, and Dosvirc groups. Lancet 1997; 349(9055):825-832.
3. Kenny-walsh E. Clinical outcomes after hepatitis C infection from contaminated
J Krsteski, S Jurgec, M Pakiž, I But and U Potočnik
polymorphisms (SNPs) might affect IL production and influence the course of the illness, as well as both disease resistance and susceptibility [ 12 ]. Thus, certain risk alleles may indicate an individual’s degree of genetic predisposition to disease risk. Previous studies have investigated the association between IL1B, IL1Ra, IL2, IL4, IL8, IL12, IL18 and IL12RB1 gene polymorphisms and the occurrence of ULM [13-16]. Some of these studies reported a significant association between IL4, IL1B and IL12RB1 and ULM development [13-15]. In addition, clinical and genetic
type 2 diabetes: results from the MONICA/KORA Augsburg Study, 1984-2002. Diabetes. 2005; 54(10): 2932-2938.
Tenger C, Sundborger A, Jawien J, Zhou X. IL-18 accelerates atherosclerosis accompanied by elevation of IFN-gamma and CXCL16 expression independently of T cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25(4): 791-796.
Rosso R, Roth A, Herz I, Miller H, Keren G, George J. Serum levels of interleukin-18 in patients with stable and unstable angina pectoris. Int J Cardiol. 2005; 98(1): 45
Ales Sedlar, Tanja Dolinsek, Bostjan Markelc, Lara Prosen, Simona Kranjc, Masa Bosnjak, Tanja Blagus, Maja Cemazar and Gregor Sersa
42. Di Carlo E, Cappello P, Sorrentino C, D’Antuono T, Pellicciotta A, Giovarelli M, et al. Immunological mechanisms elicited at the tumour site by lymphocyte activation gene-3 (LAG-3) versus IL-12: sharing a common Th1 anti-tumour immune pathway. J Pathol 2005; 205: 82-91.
43. Allione A, Consalvo M, Nanni P, Lollini PL, Cavallo F, Giovarelli M, et al. Immunizing and curative potential of replicating and nonreplicating murine mammary adenocarcinoma cells engineered with interleukin (IL)-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-7, IL-10, tumor necrosis factor alpha
David Stubljar, Samo Jeverica, Tomislav Jukic, Miha Skvarc, Tadeja Pintar, Bojan Tepes, Rajko Kavalar, Borut Stabuc, Borut Peterlin and Alojz Ihan
-1RN, IL-10, TNF and TLR4. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 21: 630-5.
13. Melo Barbosa HP, Martins LC, Dos Santos SE, Demachki S, Assumpção MB, Aragão CD, et al. Interleukin-1 and TNF-α polymorphisms and Helicobacter pylori in a Brazilian Amazon population. World J Gastroenterol 2009; 15: 1465-71.
14. Kamangar F, Abnet CC, Hutchinson AA, Newschaffer CJ, Helzlsouer K, Shugart YY, et al. Polymorphisms in inflammation-related genes and risk of gastric cancer (Finland). Cancer Causes Control 2006; 17: 117-25.
15. Moorchung N, Srivastava
Jessica María Rodríguez Cortés and Hugo Mendieta Zerón
. Thyroid 2012; 22(7): 730-6.
35. Ploski R, Szymanski K, Bednarczuk T. The genetic basis of Graves’ disease. Curr Genomics 2011; 12(8): 542-63.
36. Prabhu RS, Liebman L, Wojno T, et al. Clinical outcomes of radiotherapy as initial local therapy for Graves’ ophthalmopathy and predictors of the need for post-radiotherapy decompressive surgery. Radiat Oncol 2012; 7: 95.
37. Huber AK, Jacobson EM, Jazdzewski K, et al. Inter-leukin (IL)-23 receptor is a major susceptibility gene for Graves’ ophthalmopathy: The IL-23/T-helper 17 axis extends to thyroid
Claudia Salvadori, Tanja Svara, Guido Rocchigiani, Francesca Millanta, Darja Pavlin, Maja Cemazar, Ursa Lampreht Tratar, Gregor Sersa, Natasa Tozon and Alessandro Poli
effectiveness of different therapeutic plasmid DNA electrotransfer to tumors as effective and safe method for local as well as loco-regional control of the cutaneous tumors. 3 The most studies explored gene electrotransfer of plasmid DNA coding for IL-12 cytokine. 4 - 6 Its effectiveness was demonstrated also in treatment of spontaneous tumors in dogs. 7 - 10
A new treatment approach is combining local tumor electrochemotherapy with gene therapy with plasmid coding for IL-12 peritumorally to skin. 11 Some preclinical data indicate that this approach provides in situ
., Stucchi, R. B., Costa, S. C. (2011). Simultaneous monitoring of CMV and human herpesvirus 6 infections and diseases in liver transplant patients: One-year follow-up. Clinics (Sao Paulo) , 66 (6), 949–953.
Grima, P., Chiavaroli, R., Calabrese, P., Tundo, P. (2008). Severe hepatitis with autoimmune features following a HHV-6: A case report. Cases J ., 1 (1), 110.
Hershey, G. K., Friedrich, M. F., Esswein, L. A., Thomas, M. L., Chatila, T. A. (1997). The association of atopy with a gain-of-function mutation in the alpha subunit of the interleukin-4
X. F. Yang, Z. Y. Jiang, Z. M. Tian, Y. Q. Qiu, L. Wang, K. G. Gao, Y. J. Hu and X. Y. Ma
Kim S.J., Choi Y., Choi Y.H., Park T. (2012). Obesity activates toll-like receptor-mediated proinflammatory signaling cascades in the adipose tissue of mice. J. Nutr. Biochem., 23: 113-122.
Lee M.J., Gong D.W., Burkey B.F., Fried S.K. (2011). Pathways regulated by glucocorticoids in omental and subcutaneous human adipose tissues:amicroarray study. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab., 300: E571-580.
Livak K.J., Schmittgen T.D. (2001). Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCRand