Aleksandra Lewandowska CDFMR and Adam Piasecki CDFMR
for water and sewage management. For this purpose, seven variables were selected; their natures were that of either destimulants, stimulants or nominants of waterandwastewatermanagement ( Table 1 ). The selected variables can be defined as indicators of a city’s sustainable development ( Borys, 2005 ), which further increases their universality. At the same time, it should be emphasized that the selected variables can be supplemented with other features of water and sewage management. However, research in this area is not the subject of this work.
Maria Strzelczyk, Aleksandra Steinhoff-Wrześniewska and Agnieszka Rajmund
Indicators of water consumption and the quantity of wastewater formed in selected branches of food industry
The studies covered the branches: sugar industry, fruit-and-vegetable processing and potato processing plants. The analyses of water consumption and quantities of wastewater formed in 24 production plants were performed in the paper. A comparison of water and wastewater management in three branches showed that the highest water consumption is in fruit-and-vegetable processing. The data collected in the paper indicates the drop of water consumption in potato as well as fruit-and-vegetable industry. The values obtained for sugar industry indicate that it is the least diversified branch.
Piotr M. Bugajski, Karolina Kurek, Dariusz Młyński and Agnieszka Operacz
Protection. Vol. 41. Iss. 3 p. 76–82.
J óźwiakowski K., P odbrożna D., K opczacka K., J aguś M., M arzec M., L istosz A., P ochwatka P., K owalczyk -J uśko A., M alik A. 2018. The state of waterandwastewatermanagement in the municipalities of the Roztocze National Park. Journal of Ecological Engineering. Vol. 19. Iss. 2 p. 255–262.
K aczor G. 2011. Wpływ wiosennych roztopów śniegu na dopływ wód przypadkowych do oczyszczalni ścieków bytowych [Impact of spring snowmelt on inflows to the household sewage treatment plant]. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum
Engineering , 21, 106-112.
26. Malish, WR 1996. Returned concrete, wash waterandwastewatermanagement, Concrete Journal .
27. Więckowski, A 2004. Recycling of non-embedded concrete mix components (Recyklizacja składników niewbudowanej mieszanki betonowej). Przegląd Budowlany , nr 4, 24-28.
28. Kinney, FD 1989. Reuse of returned concrete by hydration control: characterization of a new concept. International Conference on Superplasticizers and Other Chemical Admixtures in Concrete.
29. Reddy, Babu, G, Madhusudana, Reddy, B and Venkata Ramana N 2018
The Journal of Polish Academy of Sciences Committee on Agronomic Sciences, Section of Land Reclamation and Environmental Engineering in Agriculture and Institute of Technology and Life Sciences in Falenty
Janusz Wojdalski, Bogdan Dróżdż, Janusz Piechocki, Marek Gaworski, Zygmunt Zander and Jan Marjanowski
VI. Changes in water and energy consumption in a municipal dairy. Zesz. Nauk. AR-T w Olsztynie, Technologia Żywności , 20, pp. 60-78 (in Polish).
48. Steffen Robertson & Kirsten Inc. Consulting Engineers. (1989). WaterandWastewaterManagement in the Dairy Industry, Water Research Commission (South Africa), WRC Project No 145, TT 38/39, Pretoria (cited in Kubicki et al. 78 ).
49. Wojdalski, J., Budny, J. & Krasowski, E. (1983). Water management in dairy plants. Przemysł Spożywczy ,11, pp. 482-486 (in Polish).