1. Vilmann P, Jacobsen GK, Henriksen FW, Hancke S. Endoscopic ultrasonography with guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in pancreatic disease. Gastrointest Endosc 1992;38:172-3.
2. Costache MI, Iordache S, Karstensen JG, Săftoiu A, Vilmann P. Endoscopic Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration: From the Past to the Future. Endosc Ultrasound 2013;2:77-85.
3. Maluf-Filho F, Dotti CM, Halwan B, Queiros AF, Kupski C, Chaves DM, et al. An evidence-based consensus statement on the role and application of
1. Wilson DJ, Parada SA, Slevin JM, Arrington ED. Intrasubstance ruptures of the biceps brachii: diagnosis and management. Orthopedics 2011; 34: 890-6.
2. Murphy RJ, Daines MT, Carr AJ, Rees JL. An independent learning method for orthopaedic surgeons performing shoulder ultrasound to identify fullthickness tears of the rotator cuff. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2013; 95: 266-72.
3. Fowler JR, Maltenfort MG, Ilyas AM. Ultrasound as a first-line test in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome: a cost
Guoxin Wang, Xiang Liu, Sheng Wang, Nan Ge, Jintao Guo and Siyu Sun
Surgical gastroenterostomy has been the standard palliative therapy for gastric outlet obstruction (GOO) due to malignant and benign diseases and postoperative pancreati cobiliar y complications. Endoscopic intervention is an alternative treatment option for GOO, which is divided into two approaches – the placement of enteric self-expanding metal stents (SEMS) across the stricture and endoscopic ultrasound-guided gastroenterostomy (EUS-GE) using metal stents. Enteric SEMS placement may be complicated due to the recurrent obstruction caused by
Teerasak Phewplung, Atchara Mahayosnond and Panruethai Trinavarat
1. Friedland GW, Chang P. The role of imaging in the management of the impalpable undescended testis. Am J Roentgenol. 1988; 151:1107-11.
2. John Radcliffe Hospital Cryptorchidism Study Group. Cryptorchidism: a prospective study of 7500 consecutive male births, 1984-8. Arch Dis Child. 1992; 67:892-9.
3. Scorer CG. The descent of the testis. Arch Dis Child. 1964; 39:605-9.
4. Christensen JD, Dogra VS. The undescended testis. Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2007; 28:307-16.
Darko Sazdov, Marija Jovanovski Srceva and Zorka Nikolova Todorova
randomized controlled trial. Jama. 2001; 286(6):700-707.
8. Sznajder JL, Zveibil FR, Bitterman H, Weiner P, Bursztein SI. Central vein catheterization: failure and complication rates by three percutaneous approaches. Archives of Internal Medicine. 1986; 146(2):259-261.
9. Seldinger I. Catheter replacement of the needle in percutaneous arteriography: a new technique. Acta Radiologica. 1953 May 1; 39(5):368-376.
10. Troianos CA, Hartman GS, Glas KE, Skubas NJ, Eberhardt RT, Walker JD, et al. Guidelines for performing ultrasound guided vascular cannulation
Irén Csiszér, Silvu Albu, Cristian Mircea Neagos, Marius Navadarszki and Adriana Neagos
1. Lahav Y, Rosenzweig E, Heyman Z, Doljansky J, Green A, Dagan Y. Tongue base ultrasound: a diagnostic tool for predicting obstructive sleep apnea. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2009;118(3):179-84.
2. Chen JW, Huang CC, Weng CK, Chang CH, Wang SJ. Simultaneous recording of ultrasound and polysomnography during natural sleep in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a pilot study. J Sleep Res. 2017;26(4):481-6. DOI: 10.1111/jsr.12515. Epub 2017 Mar 17.
3. Shu CC, Lee P, Lin JW, Huang CT, Chang YC, Yu CJ, et al. The Use of Sub
When ultrasound elastography was first clinically applied for the evaluation of disease, it was used to differentiate cancer tissue from surrounding normal tissue according to stiffness. 1 , 2 , 3 Since the elasticity of tissues and organs can be evaluated objectively, even in inaccessible parts of the living body 4 , 5 , this modality has been applied in the clinical diagnosis of breast cancer. 6
Recently, elastography has been found to be useful for the evaluation of pathological changes in noncancerous tissues. For example, the stiffness
Pēteris Priedītis, Maija Radziņa, Ilze Štrumfa, Zenons Narbuts, Arturs Ozoliņs, Andrejs Vanags and Jānis Gardovskis
., Guerrisi, I., Ricci, P., Di Segni, M., Mancuso, E., Scardella, L., Milazzo, F., D’Ambrosio, F., Antonaci, A. (2013). Prospective comparative evaluation of quantitative-elastography (Q-elastography) and contrast-enhanced ultrasound for the evaluation of thyroid nodules: preliminary experience. Eur. J. Radiol. , 82 (11), 1892–1898.
Chow, L. S., Gharib, H., Goellner, J. R., van Heerden, J. A. (2001). Nondiagnostic thyroid fine-needle aspiration cytology: Management dilemmas. Thyroid , 11 (12), 1147–1151.
Cibas, E. S., Ali, S. Z., NCI Thyroid FNA State of