1. De Rosa FG, Corcione S, Motta I, et al. Risk factors for mortality in patients with Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infection. J Chemother. 2015:1973947815Y0000000076. [Epub ahead of print]
2. Klug CD, Keay CR, Ginde AA. Fatal toxicshock syndrome from an intrauterine device. Ann Emerg Med. 2009;54:701-3.
3. David M, Daum R. Community-Associated Methicillin- Resistant Staphylococcus aureus: Epidemiology and Clinical Consequences of an Emerging Epidemic. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2010
Victoria Bîrluţiu, Ofelia Criştiu, Marius Baicu and Rareş Mircea Bîrluţiu
1. Silversides JA, Lappin E, Ferguson AJ. Staphylococcal ToxicShock Syndrome: Mechanisms and Management. Curr Infect Dis Rep. 2010;12:392-400.
2. Amagai M, Yamaguchi T, Hanakawa Y, Nishifuji K, Sugai M, Stanley JR. Staphylococcal exfoliative toxin B specifically cleaves desmoglein. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;118:845-50.
3. Hanakawa Y, Stanley JR. Mechanisms of blister formation by staphylococcal toxins. J Biochem. 2004;136:747-50.
4. Ladhani S. Understanding the mechanism of action of the exfoliative toxins of Staphylococcus
Vitalii Ukhovskyi, Boris Borisevich, Vlada Kulykova, Jacek Żmudzki and Artur Jabłoński
.C., Wu C.C., Lo L., Lu K.C.: Insulin resistance in patients with chronic kidney disease. J Biomed Biotechnol 2012, 1-12.
16. Lindsay J.A, Ruzin A., Ross H.F., Kurepina N., Novick R.P.: The gene for toxicshock toxin is carried by a family of mobile pathogenicity islands in Staphylococcus aureus. Molec Microbiol 1998, 29, 527-543.
17. Moore E.M., Bellomo R., Nichol A.D.: The meaning of acute kidney injury and its relevance to intensive care and anaesthesia. Anaesth intensive care 2012, 40, 929-948.
18. Nicholson D
Staphylococcal food poisoning represents one of the most frequently occurring intoxications, caused by staphylococcal enterotoxins (SE-s) and staphylococcal enterotoxin-like proteins (SEl-s). Therefore, there is a need for rapid, sensitive and specific detection method for this human pathogen and its toxin genes in food matrices. The present work is focused on Staphylococcus aureus detection by a nonaplex polymerase chain reaction, which targets the 23S rRNA gene for identification of S. aureus at the species level, genes for classical SE-s (SEA, SEC, SED), new SE-s (SEH, SEI), SEl-s (SEK, SEL) and tsst-1 gene (toxic shock syndrome toxin). Primers were properly designed to avoid undesirable interactions and to create a reliably identifiable profile of amplicons when visualized in agarose gel. According to obtained results, this approach is able to reach the detection sensitivity of 12 colony forming units from milk and meat matrices without prior culturing and DNA extraction.
Cristina Popescu, Anca Leuştean, Alina Elena Orfanu, Codruţa Georgiana Carp and Victoria Aramă
1. Wessels MR. Streptococcal pharyngitis. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:648-655.
2. Chuang YY, Huang YC, Lin TY. Toxicshock syndrome in children: Epidemiology, pathogenesis, and management. Paediatr Drugs. 2005;7:11-25.
3. Stevens DL. Streptococcal Toxic-Shock Syndrome: Spectrum of Disease, Pathogenesis, and New Concepts in Treatment. Emerg Infect Dis. 1995;1(3):69-78.
4. Tilanus AMR, de Geus HRH, Rijnders BJA, Dwarkasing RS, van der Hoven B, Bakker J. Severe group A streptococcal toxicshock syndrome presenting as primary
Urška Ravnik Verbič, Tanja Plavec, Irena Zdovc, Polona Juntes and Ana Nemec
streptococcal toxicshock syndrome and necrotising fasciitis. Vet Rec 1997, 140: 263.
12. Miller CW, Prescott JF, Mathews KA, Betschel SD, Yager JA, Guru V, DeWinter L, Low DE: Streptococcal toxicshock syndrome in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc 1996, 209: 1421-1426.
13. Prescott JF, Miller CW, Matthews KA, Yager JA, DeWinter L: Update on canine streptococcal toxicshock syndrome and necrotozing fasciitis. Can Vet J 1997, 38: 241-242.
14. Plavec T, Zdovc I, Juntes P, Svara T, Suhadolc Scholten S, Nemec A, Domanjko Petric A, Tozon N: Necrotizing fasciitis caused by
Vojkan Lazić, Dragan Krasić, Miloš Trajković, Miloš Stojanović, Nikola Živković and Milan Spasić
fasciitis along with a current review of reported cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009;67:419–23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joms.2008.07.017
15. Abass K, Saad H, Abd-Elsayed AA. Necrotizing fasciitis with toxicshock syndrome in a child: a case report and review of literature. Cases J. 2008; 1:228-32. https://doi.org/10.1186/1757-1626-1-228
16. Weiss A, Nelson P, Movahed R, et al. Necrotizing fasciitis: review of the literature and case report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011;69:2786–94. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joms.2010.11.043