Individual Differences 60(Supplement), S29. DOI: 10.1016/j paid. 2013.07.050.
4. Mira E. (1923). Somatic reactions of mental work. Doctoral thesis. University of Barcelona, Barcelona, [in Spanish]
5. Luria A.R. (1932). The nature of human conflicts. New York: Liveright Publishers.
6. Mira E. (1958). Myokinetic psychodiagnosis (M. K. P.). New York: Logos.
7. Tous Ral J.M., Muinos R., Tous Lopez O., Tous Rovirosa J.M. (2012). Proprioceptive diagnostics of temperamentandcharacter. Barcelona
Budzyńska Monika, Kamieniak Jarosław, Krupa Wanda and Sołtys Leszek
In many countries completing the performance test requirements is obligatory only for stallions, but some breeders also decide for the assessment of their mares’ performance under standardized conditions. This study is aimed the evaluation of sex related effects on behavioral and physiological reactivity in fearfulness test and performance test scores in Polish warmblood horses of Małopolska breed (22 mares and 34 stallions) assessed at the training station. Equine reactivity to potentially frightening stimuli was assessed in the fearfulness test by behavior scoring and heart rate monitoring. Horses of both sexes were assessed in standardized performance tests accordingly to the rules of performance tests given in the Breeding Program for the Małopolski Horse Breed by the Polish Horse Breeders Association. The mares showed a significantly more quiet response in the fearfulness test in comparison to stallions. A relation among some reactivity and performance traits in both sexes was found. The behavior scores of the fearfulness test were positively correlated with character and temperament only in mares. However, the better the scores for temperament and character the stallions received, the lower the heart rate before testing. The present study demonstrates that temperament and character assessment, as a part of the standardized performance test, should involve not only a subjective trainer’s evaluation, but also a horse reactivity assessment based on objective behavioral tests and heart rate monitoring. The results showed that sex has an effect on behavioral reactivity of horses. Thus, it is important to consider the horses’ sex during selection for a particular type of riding, and performance assessment should be obligatory for both sexes. The assessment of the same performance traits in both, stallions and mares, significantly improves good breeding practice.
Nada Pop-Jordanova, Jovanka Ristova and Sofija Loleska
11. Costa PT, McCrae RR. (1992) Revised NEO Personality Inventory (NEO-PI-R) and NEO Five-Factor Inventory (NEO-FFI) Professional Manual. Odessa, FL: sychological Assessment Resources.
12. Çakmak H, Altinyazar V, Yilmaz SG, Ömürlü İK, Kocatürk T, Yazici A, Değirmenci C, Dündar SO, Ates H. (2015) The temperamentandcharacter personality profile of the glaucoma patient. BMC Ophthalmology; 15:125.
13. Cooke CA, Cooper C, Dowds E, et al. (2003) Keratoconus, myopia, and personality. Cornea 22(3): 239–242.
14. Hong S, Kang SY, Yoon JU, Kang U
Communication, 53(3), 311-326.
Cloninger, C.R. (2008). The Psychobiological theory of temperamentandcharacter: Comment on Farmer and Goldberg. Psychological Assessment, 20(3), 292-299.
Figurová, L.T. (2007). Sociální desirabilita (Master’s Thesis). Masarykova univerzita, Filozofická fakulta. Available from http://is.muni.cz/th/75552/ff_m Freud, S. (1901). Psychopathology of everyday life. New York: Basic Books.
Furnham, A. (1990). Language and personality. In H. Giles, & W.H. Robinson (Eds.), Handbook of Language and Social
Irén Csiszér, Simona Mocanu, Vlad Budu and Adriana Neagos
;38(3):20-28, quiz 28-9. doi: 10.1097/01.NPR.0000426409.62476. fa.
22. Fidan F., Özbulut Ö., Ayçiçek A., Aşik A., Ünlü M. - Effects of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome on temperamentandcharacter. Turk J Med Sci., 2013;43(1):138-143.
23. Assoumou H., Gaspoz J., Sforza E., Pichot V., Celle S., et al. - Obstructive sleep apnea and the metabolic syndrome in an elderly healthy population: the SYNAPSE cohort. Sleep Breath., 2012;16(3):895-902. doi: 10.1007/s11325-011-0593-y. Epub 2011 Sept 18.
24. Asghari A., Mohammadi F., Kamrava S
Rumyana N. Kuzmanova, Irina Ts. Stefanova and Katerina I. Stambolieva
. Okai D, Askey-Jones S, Mack J, Martin A, Chaudhuri KR, Samuel M, et al. Parkinson’s Impulse-Control Scale for the severity rating of impulse-control behaviors in Parkinson’s Disease: a semistructured clinical assessment tool. Mov Disord Clin Pract. 2016;3(5):494-9.
29. Patton JH, Stanford MS, Barratt ES. Factor structure of the Barratt impulsiveness scale. J Clin Psychol. 1995;51(6):768-74.
30. Cloninger RC, Przybeck TR, Svrakic DM, Wetzel RD. The temperamentandcharacter inventory (TCI): a guide to its development and use. Center for Psychobiology of
Anja Černe, Lijana Zaletel-Kragelj and Polona Selič
Dijk AP, Toet J, Verdurmen JE. The relationship between health-related quality of life and two measures of alcohol consumption. J Stud Alcohol 2004; 65: 241-9.
Kimura T, Ogushi Y, Haruki Y, Okada Y. Is interest in art effective in health-related quality of life? Results of a cross-sectional survey on lifestyle and health promotion. Tokai J Exp Clin Med 2000; 25: 141-9.
Evren C, Dalbudak E, Durkaya M, Cetin R, Evren B. Interaction of life quality with alexithymia, temperamentandcharacter in male alcohol
, Fillingim RB. Sex differences in pain: a brief review of clinical and experimental findings. Br J Anaesth 2013;111(1):52-8. 10.1093/bja/aet127
Bartley EJ Fillingim RB Sex differences in pain: a brief review of clinical and experimental findings Br J Anaesth 2013 111 1 52 8
Bergdahl M, J Bergdahl. Temperamentandcharacter personality dimensions in patients with dental anxiety. Eur J Oral Sci 2003;111(2):93-98. 12648259 10.1034/j.1600-0722.2003.00028.x
Bergdahl M J Bergdahl Temperamentandcharacter personality dimensions in patients with dental
of birth variations in the temperamentandcharacter inventory of personality in a general population. Neuropsychobiology 44:19-26.
Crews DE. 2003. Human senescence. Evolutionary and biocultural perspectives. New York: Cambridge University Press.
Czech-Kowalska J, Dobrzańska A, Gruszfeld D, Żochowska A, Malinowska E, Gołkowska M, Karczmarewicz E. 2008. High prevalence of neonatal vitamin D deficiency - rationale for reevaluation of vitamin D supplementation during pregnancy. Arch Perinatal Med 14:18-22.