In this paper, I focus on the so-called ‘tacking by disjunction problem.’ Namely, the problem to the effect that, if a hypothesis h is confirmed by a statement e, h is confirmed by the disjunction e ∨ f, for whatever statement f. I show that the attempt to settle this difficulty made by Grimes 1990, in a paper apparently forgotten by today methodologists, is irremediably faulty.
Zbigniew Czech, Agnieszka Kowalczyk, Joanna Ortyl and Jolanta Świderska
., Eger, C., Kinloch, A. & Ambrose, C. (2004) Nanoadhesives: toughness and hogh strength, Adhesion Adhesives & Sealants 3, 20-24.
6. Hertel, T. (2004). Kohlenstoff-Nanoröhren: Bausteine der Mikroelektronik von Morgen. Nachrichten aus der Chemie 52, 137-140.
7. Czech, Z., Kowalski, A. & Ortyl, J. (2011). Tack of pressure- sensitive adhesives (PSAs). Coating 1, 22-25.
8. Zosel, A. (1985) Adhesion and Tack of Polymers: Influence of Mechanical Properties and Surface Tensions. Colloid & Polymer Science 263 (7), 541
Zbigniew Czech, Zbigniew Maciejewski and Krystyna Kondratowicz-Maciejewska
1. Czech, Z. (1999). Crosslinking of pressure-sensitive adhesives based on acrylics, Ed. Szczecin University of Technology, Szczecin, ISBN 83-87423-18-1.
2. Zosel, A. (1985) Adhesion and Tack of Polymers: Influence of Mechanical Properties and Surface Tensions. Coll. & Pol. Sci. 263(7), 541–553. DOI: 10.1007/BF01421887.
3. Czech, Z. & Wesolowska, M. (2007). Development of solvent-free acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives. Eur. Pol. J. 43, 3604–3612. DOI: 10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2007.05.003.
4. Czech, Z. (2003
Zbigniew Czech, Adrian K. Antosik and Paulina Bednarczyk
., Kabatc, J. & Świderska, J. (2012). UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives for industrial application. Polym. Bull. 69, 71–80. DOI: 10.1007/s00289-012-0725-y.
5. Czech, Z., Butwin, A., Kabatc, J., Świderska, J., Shao, L. & Bai, Y. (2012). Influence of selected photoinitiators type II on tack, peel adhesion, and shear strength of UV-crosslinked solvent-borne acrylic pressure-sensitive. Polym. Bull. 68, 441–452. DOI: 10.1007/s00289-011-0563-3.
6. Czech, Z., Kowalczyk, A., Kabatc, J. & Świderska, J. (2012). Photoreactive UV-crosslinkable solvent
Zbigniew Czech, Agnieszka Kowalczyk, Karolina Górka, Urszula Głuch, Lu Shao and Jolanta Świderska
UV-crossinkable pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSA) materials are called, in the adhesives trade photoreactive self-adhesive. UV-crosslinkable PSAs are designed after the UV-initiated crosslinking reaction to stick to almost any surface by a simple contact under light pressure. This special class of adhesives does not undergo any physical transformation or chemical reaction during the bonding process. Because of the rheological properties the adhesive must be fi nely tuned for the application, combining a carefully chosen polymer architecture and monomer composition with the proper addition of small additives called photoinitiators. The best way is using the unsaturated copolymerizable photoinitiators and their direct incorporation into polymer chain during the polymerization process. Progress in the coating technology and the development of novel photoreactive acrylic adhesives will open the door to new applications and an extended market penetration of UV-crosslinkable acrylic adhesive raw materials containing unsaturated copolymerizable photoinitiators incorporated into the polymer backbone. Photoreactive UV-crosslinkable acrylic PSA are characterized by good tack, good adhesion, excellent cohesion and very low shrinkage.
Butyl acrylate/4-acryloyloxy benzophenone copolymers as photoreactive UV-crosslinkable pressure-sensitive adhesives
It has previously been shown that copolymers of butyl acrylate with 4-acryloyloxy benzophenone can be used as pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs). This paper presents the synthesis and application of a solvent-borne polymer system for the preparation of photoreactive UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives. Butyl acrylate/benzophenone copolymers with molecular mass in the range 180 000 to 480 000 Dalton were prepared by carrying out free-radical solution polymerization. These copolymers were found to be tacky but in some cases to possess insufficient cohesive strength after UV-crosslinking to be useful as PSAs. The other copolymers resulted in materials with the balance of cohesive and adhesive characteristics required of good PSAs. Some of the parameters affecting the pressure-sensitive adhesive properties of the copolymers are the concentration of 4-acryloyloxy benzophenone, the molecular mass of the polymeric components, the UV-reactivity, and properties such as tack, peel adhesion, and cohesion.
Zbigniew Czech, Robert Pełech, Agnieszka Kowalczyk, Arkadiusz Kowalski and Rafał Wróbel
, Z. & Klementowska-Witkowska, P. (2007) Electrical conductive acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesives. Pitture e Vernici European Coatings, 11, 101-108.
Danes, F., Garnier, B. & Dupuis, T. (2005) Non-uniformity of the filler concentration and of the transverse thermal and electrical conductivities of filled polymer plates. Compos. Sci. Technol. 65, 945-951. DOI:10.1016/j.compscitech.2004.10.020.
Poh, B.T., Giam, Y.F. & Yeong, F.P. (2010) Tack and shear strength of adhesives prepared from styrene-butadiene rubber
. Techapongsatorn S, Tansawet A, Kasetsermwiriya W, McEvoy M, Attia J, Wilasrusmee Ch, et al. Mesh fixation technique in totally extraperitoneal inguinal hernia repair e A network meta- analysis. The Surgeon. 2018;17(4):215-24
7. Reynvoet E, Berrevoet F. Pros and cons of tacking in laparoscopic hernia repair. Surg Technol Int. 2014;25:136–40
grzecznosci. Wybór prac z zakresu polskiej etykiety jezykowej (S. 109-121). Kielce: Wydawnictwo Akademii Swietokrzyskiej.
Meier, A. J. (1995). Defining politeness: Universality in appropriateness. Language Sciences 17(4), 345-356.
Ożóg, K. (2004). Ewolucja rytualizmów społecznych i towarzyskich (od roku 1945 do chwili obecnej). I: J. Mazur (red.). Rytualizacja w komunikacji społecznej i interkulturowej (S. 25-32). Lublin: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej.
Pedersen, J. (2009). The different Swedish tack: An
.W., Hedetniemi, S.T., Slater, P.J. (Eds.). Domination in Graphs: Advanced Topics, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1998.
 Kosters, W. A. n-Queens bibliography, 2017. http://www.liacs.nl/home/kosters/nqueens/
 Nethercote, N., Stuckey, P.J., Becket, R., Brand, S., Duck, G.J., Tack, G. “MiniZinc: Towards a standard CP modelling language”, in: C. Bessiere (editor), Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming, volume 4741 of LNCS Springer, 529-543, 2007.
 Sloane, N