1. Meissner H.O. (1990). Art of Living and Survival . Warszawa: Bellona. [in Polish]
2. Dworzyński M. (1998). Art of survival. Super Tramp 7/8(9), 16. [in Polish]
3. Płoskonka P. (2014). Social Determinants of Participation in Survival as a Form of Tourist and Recreational Activity . Doctoral thesis, Akademia Wychowania Fizycznego Józefa Piłsudskiego w Warszawie. [in Polish]
4. Pękała T. (1998). Basics of survival. Wiedza Obronna 1, 77-86. [in Polish]
5. Kwiatkowski K.J. (2009). Wide horizons of survival. In M. Dycht
Natl Acad Sci U S A, 103:15599-15604.
21. Rzomp KA, Scholtes LD, Briggs BJ, Whittaker GR, Scidmore MA. (2003). Rab GTPases are recruited to chlamydial inclusions in both a species-dependent and species-independent manner. Infect Immun. 71:5855-5870.
22. Hackstadt T. (2000). Rediretion of host vesicle trafficking pathways by intracellular parasites. Traffic. 1: 93-99
23. Cocchiaro J L, Valdivida R H. (2009). New insights into Chlamydia intracellular survival mechanisms Cell Microbiol. 11:1571-1578.
Wa’el Tuqan, Ayoub Innabi, Alia Alawneh, Fadi Abu Farsakh and Maan Al-Khatib
weigh the potential benefits and risks of this procedure in patients with MBO.
Short term survival was reported in patients who underwent PTBD for malignant biliary obstruction. [ 15 , 17 , 18 ] Factors able to predict the long and short term survival after PTBD are scarcely reported in the medical literature and have not yet been well established. [ 13 ] In this study, we aimed to find prognostic factors of short term survival after PTBD in cancer patients; in addition, we aimed to evaluate the effectiveness of this procedure during the last month of life
://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/small-cell-lung/healthprofessional/page1/AllPages#Section_267 . 2014.
4. Pignon JP, Arriagada R, Ihde DC, Johnson DH, Perry MC, Souhami RL, et al.: A meta-analysis of thoracic radiotherapy for small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med 1992; 327: 1618-24.
5. Warde P, Payne D. Does thoracic irradiation improve survival and local control in limited-stage small-cell carcinoma of the lung? A meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol 1992; 10: 890-5.
6. von Pawel J, Schiller JH, Shepherd FA, Fields SZ, Kleisbauer JP, Chrysson NG, et al. Topotecan versus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and vincristine
Asama Vanichtantikul, Patou Tantbirojn and Tarinee Manchana
Cervical cancer is one of the most common gynecologic malignancies and also a common cause of cancer-related death worldwide. The standard of care for patients with early stage cervical cancer is radical hysterectomy with pelvic lymph node dissection, or radiotherapy with or without concurrent chemotherapy [ 1 ]. Similar survival outcomes were reported among these modalities [ 2 , 3 ]. Adjuvant radiation after radical surgery, which has been reported to decrease the incidence of local recurrence, is usually recommended for patients with an increased risk of
Cancer patients’ survival is, together with the incidence, prevalence and mortality, one of the basic cancer burden indicators. Population-based survival of cancer patients, as shown by cancer registries for more than 60 years ( 1 ), is a valuable indicator, which reflects patients’ characteristics as well as the organisation, accessibility, quality and efficiency of the healthcare system. Generally, it greatly differs from the survival of patient groups with a particular disease treated in individual hospitals, as commonly presented by
Dimitar K. Penchev, Lilyana V. Vladova, Miroslav Z. Zashev and Radosvet P. Gornev
1. Duraker Н, Çaynak Z, Hot S. The impact of primary tumor resection on overall survival in patients with colorectal carcinoma and unresectable distant metastases: A prospective cohort study. International Journal of Surgery 2014;12(7):737-41.
2. Dimitrova N. Colon (C18,ICD10) In: Dimitrova N, Vukov M, Valerianova Z. Cancer incidence in Bulgaria 2011. Volume XXII. Paradigma”2013”;2013:56.
3. Mantke R, Schmidt U, Wolff S, et al. Incidence of synchronous liver metastases in patients with colorectal cancer in relationship to
Aalen, O.O., Borgen, O. & Gjessing H.K. (2008). Survival and Event History Analysis. A Process Point of View. New York: Springer.
Andersen, P.K., Borgan, Ø, Gill, R.D. & Keiding, N. (1993). Statistical Models Based on Counting Processes. New York: Springer.
Bieszk-Stolorz, B. (2013). Analiza historii zdarzeń w badaniu bezrobocia. Szczecin: Volumina. pl.
Collett, D. (2003). Modelling Survival Data in Medical Research. Florida: Chapman and Hall.
Cox, D.R. (1972
Confronted with serious challenges to human survival, communication should be mobilized to rescue the planet’s future. This requires the development of new forms of discursive power that shift from a culture of fear to a culture of hope. This can be achieved through global networks of those urban movements that increasingly move beyond their local political environments. The global city can emerge as a crucial site for the claim to human survival in dignity.
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is known to be an independent risk factor for the development of colorectal cancer (CRC). 1 , 2 The risk of colorectal cancer was estimated to be 27% higher in patients with type 2 DM than in non-diabetic controls. 3 However, it is unclear if the presence of diabetes in patients with CRC is associated with the cancer-specific survival of patients after cancer diagnosis. 4 Some authors found that patients with CRC and diabetes are at greater risk of all-cause and cancer-specific mortality and have worse disease