Mariya N. Negreva, Atanas P. Penev, Svetoslav Zh. Georgiev and Albena A. Aleksandrova
fibrillation. Int J Cardiol 2009;135(3):361-9.
5. Zocche SH, Canes SL, Debbas V, et al. Cellular prion protein (PrP(C)) and superoxidedismutase (SOD) in vascular cells under oxidative stress. Exp Toxicol Pathol 2011;63(3):229-36.
6. Mak JC, Ho SP, Yu WC, et al. Polymorphisms and functional activity in superoxidedismutase and catalase genes in smokers with COPD. Eur Respir J 2007;30(4):684-90.
7. Gonzalez-Pinto A, Martinez-Cengotitabengoa M, Arango C, et al. Antioxidant defense system and family environment in adolescents with family history of psychosis. BMC
A Tuna, G Ozturk, TB Gerceker, E Karaca, H Onay, SM Guvenc and O Cogulu
, 6 ].
With regard to the pathogenic role of oxidative stress in vitiligo, the previous studies were directed toward changes in antioxidant enzyme activity in the blood and tissue. Although some conflicting results were attained, all studies did point to an impact of oxidative stress on vitiligo [ 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 ]. Superoxidedismutase (SOD), one of the primary antioxidant enzymes, was previously studied in relation to vitiligo and to date, three isoforms of SOD have been identified in humans. They are coded by three different genes: copper-zinc SOD
Saima Gul, Sagheer Ahmed, Humaira Gul, Kaneez Fatima Shad, Muhammad Zia-Ul-Haq and Diana Badiu
glutathione peroxidase. J. Lab. Clin. Med. 1967; 70: 158.
19. Oyanagui Y. Reevaluation of assay methods and establishment of kit for superoxidedismutase activity. Anal. Biochem. 1984; 142(2): 290-6.
20. Mitrevky A et al. Total antioxidant status and superoxidedismutase after cerebrovascular accident. XVI international Congress of clinical chemistry, London. Poster A106, 1996.
21. Cohen J, Kristal R, Stanford J. Fruit and vegetable intakes and prostate cancer risk. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 61-8.
Giulia Andreani, Giancarlo Avallone, Enea Ferlizza and Gloria Isani
, Black MM: Canine mammary epithelial neoplasms: biologic implications of morphologic characteristics assessed in 232 dogs. Veterinary Pathology 1983, 20:127–142.
7. Peña L, De Andres PJ, Clemente M, Cuesta P, Perez-Alenza MD: Prognostic value of histological grading in noninflammatory canine mammary carcinomas in a prospective study with two-year follow-up: relationship with clinical and histological characteristics. Veterinary Pathology 2012, 50:94–105
8. Crapo JD, McCord JM, Fridovich I: Preparation and assay of superoxidedismutases. Methods in
Monika Skwarek, Jacek Patykowski and Adrian Witczak
Barbehenn R., Dukatz C., Holt C., Reese A., Martiskainen O., Salminen J.P., Yip L., Tran L., Peter C., 2010. Feeding on poplar leaves by caterpillars potentiates foliar peroxidase action in their guts and increases plant resistance. Constabe Oecologia 164: 993-1004. DOI 10.1007/s00442-010-1733-y
Beauchamp C., Fridovich I., 1971. Superoxidedismutase: improved assays applicable to acrylamide gels. Analytical Biochemistry 44: 276-287. DOI 10.1016/0003-2697(71)90370-8
Bezemer T.M., Wagenaar R., Van Dam N
Liljana Guržanova-Durnev, Elizabeta Zisovska and Božidarka Đošić-Markovska
D, Kumar A, Khanna RS, Khanna HD. Evaluation of biomarkers of oxidative stress and antioxidant capacity in the cord blood of preterm low birth weight neonates. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2012; 25 (8): 1338-41.
12. Andersen HR, Nielsen JB, Nielsen F, Grandjean P. Antioxidative enzyme activities in human erythrocytes. Clin Chem 1997; 43 (4): 562-8.
13. McCord JM, Keele BBJ, Fridovich JJ. Superoxidedismutase, an enzyme function for erythrocuprein. J Biol Chem 1969; 244: 6049-55.
14. Paglia DE, Valentine WN. Studies on
AHMED, R.,KIMA, Y. H.,KIM,M. D.,KWON, S-Y.,CHO, K.,LEE, H-S.,KWAK, S-S., 2010: Simultaneous expression of choline oxidase, superoxidedismutase and ascorbate peroxidase in potato plant chloroplasts provides synergistically enhanced protection against various abiotic stresses. Physiologia Plantarum 138, 520-533.
ALLEN, R. D.,WEBB, R. P., SCHAKE, S. A., 1997: Use of transgenic plants to study antioxidant defenses. Free Radical Biology and Medicine 23, 473-479.
BAISAK, R., RANA, D. A.,ACHARYA, P
Beyer E.M. Jr. 1976. A potent inhibitor of ethylene action in plants. Plant Physiology 58: 268–271. DOI: 10.1104/pp.58.3.268.
Dar R.A., Tahir I., Ahmad S.S. 2014. Sugars and sugar alcohols have their say in the regulation of flower senescence in Dianthus chinensis L. Scientia Horticulturae 174: 24–28. DOI: 10.1016/j.sci-enta.2014.04.003.
Dhindsa R.S., Plumb-Dhindsa P., Thorpe T.A. 1981. Leaf senescence: correlated with increased levels of membrane permeability and lipid peroxidation, and decreased levels of superoxidedismutase and catalase. Journal of
Ozgur Yoruk, Fatma Gur, Hamidullah Uyanik, Murat Yasar, Vahit Mutlu, Enver Altas, Elif Baysal and Seyithan Taysi
. Experimental acute sinusitis in rabbits. A bacteriological and histological study. Acta Otolaryngol. 1988;105(3-4):357-66. doi:10.3109/00016488809097019 PMID:3389121.
Ohkawa H, Ohishi N, Yagi K. Reaction of linoleic acid hydroperoxide with thiobarbituric acid. J Lipid Res. 1978;19:1053-1057. PMID:103988.
Sun Y, Oberley LW, Li Y. A simple method for clinical assay of superoxidedismutase. Clin Chem. 1988;34:497-500. PMID:3349599.
Paglia DE, Valentine WN. Studies on the quantitative and