Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) (2016). Smoking in cars . Fact sheet. Retrieved from http://ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_714.pdf
Ashley, M. J., Cohen, J., Bull, S., Ferrence, R., Poland, B., Pederson, L., & Gao, J. (2000). Knowledge about tobacco and attitudes toward tobacco control: How different are smokers and nonsmokers? Canadian Journal of Public Health = Revue Canadienne de Sante Publique, 91 (5), 376-380. Retrieved from http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/11089293
Bayer, R. (2008). Stigma and the ethics of public health
Małgorzata Dżugan, Bernadeta Błażej and Monika Tomczyk
1. WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic. Monitoring tobacco use and prevention policies. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2017. License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 IGO.
2. Dżugan M, Juszczyk M. Rakotwórcze substancje w dymie tytoniowym. Pol J Publ Health. 2006;116:627-30.
3. Flouris AD, Faught BE, Klentrou P. Cardiovascular disease risk in adolescent smokers: evidence of a “smoker lifestyle”. J Child Health Care 2008;12:221-31.
4. Scientific Committee on Tobacco and Health (SCOTH). Secondhand smoke: review of evidence since 1998
Faruk Abdullahi Mohammed, Kehinde Kazeem Kanmodi, Omotayo Francis Fagbule, Miracle Ayomikun Adesina, Nwafor Jacob Njideka and Hamza Abubakar Sadiq
bowl and hose or tube ( British Heart Foundation 2019 ).
Shisha smokers, often times, do not smoke shisha alone but smoke it in the company of their loved ones ( Maziak et al 2005 , Martinasek et al 2011 , Afifi et al 2013 , Caroll et al 2014). In fact, some families engage in shisha smoking at social and family gatherings ( Afifi et al 2013 , WHO Study Group on Tobacco Product Regulation (TobReg) 2015 ).
Shisha has tobacco as one of its major constituents ( Bahelah 2014 , WHO Study Group on Tobacco Product Regulation (TobReg) 2015 ); this implies that shisha
Atsuhiko Ota, Takeshi Masue, Nobufumi Yasuda, Akizumi Tsutsumi, Yoshio Mino, Hiroshi Ohara and Yuichiro Ono
smoker’s intention to quit? Int J Behav Med. 2008; 15:328-35.
5. Osler M, Prescott E. Psychosocial, behavioral, and health determinants of successful smoking cessation: a longitudinal study of Danish adults. Tob Control. 1998; 7: 262-7.
6. Homish GG, Leonard KE. Spousal influence on smoking behaviors in a US community sample of newly married couples. Soc Sci Med. 2005; 61:2557-67.
7. Falba TA, Sindelar JL. Spousal concordance in health behavior change. Health Serv Res. 2008; 43:96-116.
8. Dollar KM, Homish
Anne Line Bretteville-Jensen, Erik Biørn and Randi Selmer
). Predictors of cessation in a cohort of current and former smokers followed over 13 years. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 6, 363-369.
IARC. (2008). IARC handbooks of cancer prevention: Methods for evaluating tobacco control policies. Volume 12. Lyon, France: International Agency for Research on Cancer.
Jenkins, S. (2005). Survival analysis. Retrieved from http://www.iser.essex. ac.uk/files/teaching/stephenj/ec968/pdf s/ ex968lnotesv6.pdf.
Lancaster, T. (1990). The econometric analysis of transition data. Cambridge, Cambridge
Kathryn Nother, Madeleine S. Ashley and Peter M. Clayton
World Health Organization TobReg proposal; Tob. Control 17 (2008) 132-141. DOI:10.1136/tc.2007.024158.
10. Ashley, D.L., R.J. O'Connor, J.T. Bernert, C.H. Watson, G.M. Polzin, R.B. Jain, D. Hammond, D.K. Hatsukami, G.A. Giovino, K.M. Cummings, A. McNeill, L. Shahab, B. King, G.T. Fong, L. Zhang, Y. Xia, X. Yan, and J.M. McCraw: Effect of Differing Levels of Tobacco-Specific Nitrosamines in Cigarette Smoke on the Levels of Biomarkers in Smokers; Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 19 (2010) 1389-1398. DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-10
. (1959a). Rökavvänjningspoliklinikerna [The smokers’ clinics]. Svenska läkartidningen, 56(27), 1899-1911.
Ejrup, B. (1959b). Follow up av ett material svårbehandlade rökare [Follow up of a sample of hard-to-treat smokers]. Svenska läkartidningen, 56, 2254-2262.
Ejrup, B. (1961). Rökningens inverkan på luftrören [The influence of smoking on the bronchi]. Tobaken och Vi, 6(5), 15-20.
Ejrup, B. (1964). The role of nicotine in smoking pleasure, nicotinism, treatment. In U. von Euler (Ed.), Tobacco alkaloids and related
1. Baker, R.R., M. Dixon, and C.A. Hill: Measurement of mouth insertion depths amongst British smokers; paper presented at the CORESTA Smoke and Technology Groups’ Joint Meeting, Hamburg, Germany, September 1997; The incidence and consequences of filter vent blocking amongst British smokers; Beitr. Tabakforsch. Int. 18 (1998) 71–83.
2. Baker, R.R. and L.S. Lewis: Ventilation – has there been a “Cover-up”?; Rec. Adv. Tob. Sci. 23 (1997)152–196.
3. Kozlowski, L.T., M
Cytogenetic Study on Workmen Occupationally Exposed to Pesticides
A cytogenetic study was performed on 40 workmen who were exposed to the pesticides malathion and chlorpyrifos and on 30 healthy males who had not been so exposed. The exposed workers had a consistent increase in chromosome abnormalities including chromatid gap, chromatid break, isochromatid break, dicentric and ring chromosomes, as determined by the standard chromosome aberration assay, when compared to the control group. The incidence was significantly higher in exposed smokers than that for exposed non smokers and than that for the unexposed controls as well. These findings provide further evidence for the intrinsic mutagenic activity of the pesticides studied.
1. Kozłowski, L.T., R.C. Frecker, V. Khouw, and M.A. Pope: The misuse of Mless-hazardousN cigarettes and its detection: hole-blocking of ventilated filters; Am. J. Pub. Health 70 (1980) 1202-03.
2. Kozłowski, L.T., W.S. Rickert, M.A. Pope, J.C. Robinson, and R.C. Frecker: Estimating the yield to smokers of tar, nicotine, and carbon monoxide from the Mlowest yieldN ventilated filter-cigarettes; Br. J. Addict. 77 (1982) 159-165.
3. Kozłowski, L.T., M.A. Pope, and J.E. Lux