I. Oleinikova, A. Mutule, A. Obushevs and N. Antoskovs
1. European Commission. Winter Package Heating and Cooling . Available at https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/content/winter-package-heating-and-cooling
2. Obushevs, A., Oleinikova, I., and Mutule, A. (2016). Demand side management platform for HAN flexibility estimation with agent control. In 13th International Conference on the European Energy Market “EEM16” , Porto, Portugal. DOI: 10.1109/EEM.2016.7521185
3. Case Book 2014: Spotlight on Demand Side Management. International SmartGrid Action Network (ISGAN). Version 1.0
Decentralized Power Production and Renewable Power Supplies,” presented at the IEEE PEDG2012 conference , 28 June 2012.
 S. Grijalva, M. U. Tariq, “Prosumer-based smartgrid architecture enables a flat, sustainable electricity industry,” in 2011 IEEE PES Innovative SmartGrid Technologies, ISGT, pp. 1–6, 17–19 Jan. 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/isgt.2011.5759167
 S. Grijalva, M. Costley, N. Ainsworth, “Prosumer-based control architecture for the future electricity grid,” in 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. on Control Applications, CCA, pp. 43–48, 28–30 Sept. 2011
 FANG X., MISRA S., XUE G., YANG D., Smartgrid - the new and improved power grid: A survey, IEEE Commun. Surveys Tutorials, 2012.
 BAYINDIR R., HOSSAIN E., VADI S., The path of the smartgrid -the new and improved power grid, International SmartGrid Workshop and Certificate Program (ISGWCP), 2016, 1-8.
 FARHANGI H., The path of the smartgrid, IEEE Transactions on Power and Energy, 2010, 8, 1, 18-28.
 ZHOU X., Development prospects of power grid and power system
 Brown M., McLeavey-Reville C. - Driving a Resource Efficiency Power Generation Sector in Europe. Delta Energy & Environment, May 2011.
 European Commission - Communication From the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions. SmartGrids: From Innovation to Deployment . Brussels, 12.4.2011.
 European Commission - EU Energy and Transport in Figures. Statistical Pocketbook 2010.
A. Mahnitko, J. Gerhards, O. Linkevics, R. Varfolomejeva and I. Umbrasko
). Management of microgrids in market environment. Intern. J. of Distributed Energy Resources, 2 (3), 177-193.
11. Freris, I., & Infield, D. (2008). Renewable Energy in Power Systems. John Wiley & Sons.
12. Baldinger, F., Jansen, T., Riet, M., & Volberda, F. (2010). Nobody knows the future of SmartGrid, therefore separate the essential in the secondary. - Developments in Power System Protection. The 10-th IET Intern. Conf. (DPSP 2010). 29 March - 1 April, Manchester (UK) .
13. Mazā hidroenerģētika Latvijā 2012. Rīga: SIA
Min Xiang, Haolin Huang, Chuan He, Rui Li and Lingkang Zeng
1. Hu, J., G. Zhu, X. Du. Electricity Information Acquisition System Application Situation and Development Trend. – Automation of Electric Power Systems, Vol. 28 , 2014, No 2, pp. 131-135.
2. Wang, W., Y. Xu, M. Khanna. A Survey on the Communication Architectures in SmartGrid. – Computer Networks, Vol. 55 , 2011, No 15, pp. 3604-3629.
3. IBM Corporation. SmartGrid Method and Model [R]. Beijing: IBM Corporation, 2010.
4. Lei, Y., J. Li, B. Hou. Power Distribution and Utilization Communication Network for SmartGrid. – Power
 Darby, S. (2010). Smart metering: What potential for householder engagement? Building Research & Information , 38, 442-457.
 Depuru, S.S.S.R., Wang, L., Devabhaktuni, V. (2011). Smart meters for power grid: Challenges, issues, advantages and status. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews , 15 (2011), 2736-2742.
 Budka, K.C., Deshpande, J.G., Doumi, T.L., Madden, M., Mew, T. (2010). Communication network architecture and design principles for smartgrids. Bell Labs Technical Journal , 15, 205-228.
 Kraus, J
Directive 2003/54/EC  OJ L 211:55, art 2, annex 1.
4. Barkans J., and Zalostiba D. (2009). Protection against Blackouts and Self-Restoration of Power Systems. Riga: RTU Publishing House.
5. Energy Business Reports. (2011). SmartGrid Industry Market Guide . Available at http://www.energybusinessreports.com/
6. Bariss, U., Kuzņecova, T., Laicāne, I., and Blumberga, D. (2014). Analysis of factors influencing energy efficiency in a smart metering pilot. Energetika 60 (2), 125–135. ISSN 0235-7208.
7. KPFI. Project No. KPFI-14/28 Overview of
When and why humanity faced the Energy Problem, it is a question. What was the problem? How are we trying to handle it since the beginning? Do we have enough resources of renewable energy? Which technologies are mature enough to contribute and take part in the solution? Are they available in the market with compatible prices? What is the role of storage for dealing with the intermittent nature of renewable energy resources? Why do we need to build, operate, integrate and manage energy efficiency, storage and renewable energy in harmony with nature by smart grids in sustainable cities of the future? Is transition to 100% Renewable Energy the solution? If so what else is required to reach this target? What are we going to do with the existing system? Which methodologies and techniques we need to use to realize this transition with minimum costs and externalities? How are we going to justify this transition? Is it only a technology problem? What parameters we need to consider when we are trying to live in harmony with nature? How are we going to readapt human beings to be satisfied with minimum ecological footprint societies? Can human beings build democratic societies where energy efficiency and 100% renewable energy is respected and beneficial for each individual of the communities? Transition to 100% renewables requires planning the future with the information of the future. For reaching this target we need to carry on a multidisciplinary approach to understand and take into consideration the basic constraints and requirements of the living space we are sharing all together in the atmosphere. How to Speed-up the Global Transition to 100% Renewable Energy?
Malik Qasaimeh, Raad S. Al-Qassas and Shadi Aljawarneh
1. Reka, S. S., T. Dragicevic. Future Effectual Role of Energy Delivery: A Comprehensive Review of Internet of Things and SmartGrid. – Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 91 , 2018, pp. 90-108.
2. Yang, Q. 13 – Internet of Things Application in SmartGrid: A Brief Overview of Challenges, Opportunities, and Future Trends. – In: Smart Power Distribution Systems. Q. Yang, T. Yang, and W. Li, Eds. Academic Press, 2019, pp. 267-283.
3. Qasaimeh, M., R. S. Al-Qassas, S. Tedmori. Software Randomness Analysis and Evaluation of