Jakub Siembida, Piotr Frończuk, Justyna Morylowska-Topolska, Aleksandra Siek and Hanna Karakuła-Juchnowicz
1. Zgliczyński SW. Alkohol w Polsce. Infos 2016; 215.
2. Nutt DJ, King AL, Phillips LD. Drug harms in the UK: a multicriteria decision analysis. Lancet 2010; 376: 1558–1565.
3. Wylie KR, Steward D, Seivewright N, Smith D. Prevalence of sexualdysfunction in three psychiatric outpatient settings: A drug misuse service, an alcohol misuse service and a general adult psychiatry clinic. Sex Relat Ther, 2002; 17:149-60.
4. Grinshpoon A, Margolis A, Weizman A, Ponizovsky AM. Sildenafil citrate in the treatment of sexualdysfunction and
Vortioxetine is a novel antidepressant with two mechanisms of action – direct effect on several serotonin receptors and serotonin re-uptake inhibition. It shows antidepressant, anxiolytic and cognitive effects during the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD). The aim of this article was to summarize the use of vortioxetine in clinical studies and assess the efficacy and tolerability. Most of the studies reported a statistically significant efficacy for vortioxetine versus placebo. In addition, vortioxetine showed efficacy in patients with an inadequate response to selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors (SSRI) or serotonin-noradrenaline re-uptake inhibitors (SNRI) monotherapy and improved cognitive function in patients with MDD. In these studies, vortioxetine was well tolerated – most common observed adverse effect was nausea – and it was not associated with clinically important changes in laboratory test results or vital signs. Vortioxetine showed a relatively low incidence of sexual dysfunction.
Jiawen Wu, Jianzhong Hu, Hongbin Lu, Qi Liao, Juanjuan Wang, Mingxin Wu, Chunhan Sun and Ming Kang
AJK, Cava A, Goodman KW. Treatment of infertility in men with spinal cord injury: medical progress and ethical considerations. Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 2008; 13: 120-33.
4. Burns AS, Rivas DA, Ditunno JF. The management of neurogenic bladder and sexualdysfunction after spinal cord injury. Spine. 2001; 26:S129.
5. Deforge D, Blackmer J, Garritty C, Yazdi F, Cronin V, Barrowman N, et al. Male erectile dysfunction following spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Spinal Cord. 2005; 44:465-73.
6. Shafik A, Shafik AA
Ryszard Plinta, Joanna Sobiecka, Agnieszka Drosdzol-Cop, Agnieszka Nowak-Brzezińska and Violetta Skrzypulec-Plinta
. Summary of the recommendations on sexualdysfunctions in men. J Sex Med , 2004; 1: 6-23
Meston CM. Validation of the Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) in women with female orgasmic disorder and in women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder. J Sex Marital Ther , 2003; 29: 39-46
Reitz A, Tobe V, Knapp PA, Schurch B. Impact of spinal cord injury on sexual health and quality of life. Int J Impot Res, 2004; 16: 167-174
Rosen R, Brown C, Heiman J, Leiblum S, Meston C, Shabsigh R, Ferguson D, D'Agostino R Jr. The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a
Pencho P. Genov, Nikolay H. Kolev, Rumen P. Kotsev, Vladislav R. Dunev, Boyan A. Stoykov, Aleksander A. Vanov, Jitian A. Atanasov and Pencho T. Tonchev
Premature ejaculation (PE) is the most common sexual dysfunction in men, yet it is not well studied. Its frequency reaches 30% for men from 18 to 59 years of age in different countries. The aim of this article was to investigate the quality of sexual life in men with primary PE operated on with microsurgical penile denervation, using the Brief Male Sexual Functional Inventory (BMSFI). From September 2011 to March 2014, 22 patients were operated on with microsurgical penile denervation in the urology clinic of the University Hospital - Pleven and the Department of Urology at UMHAT Ruse AD. The mean result from the BMSFI in patients was 22 points preoperatively, indicating significant worsening of sexual function and quality of life in all five questionnaire domains. After surgery, the results increased to 28, 33 and 39 respectively, at 3, 6 and 12 months, respectively. Premature ejaculation not only leads to problems in controlling ejaculation but also worsens the overall sexual function and quality of life of patients.
M. Oppa, I. Ondrejka, D. Cesnekova, I. Tonhajzerova and G. Nosalova
 Alvarez E, Perez V, Artigas F. Pharmacology and clinical potential of vortioxetine in the treatment of major depressive disorder. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. 2014;10:1297–1307.
 Farsky I, Smetanka A, Dubinska S. Spiritualita pacientov s vybranymi psychiatrickymi diagnozami. Osetrovatelstvi a porodni asistence. 2012;3(3):433–441.
 Nemeroff CB. Prevalence and management of treatment resistant depression. J Clin Psychiatry. 2007;68(Suppl 8):17–25.
 Serreti A, Chiesa A. Treatment-emergent sexualdysfunction
. Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2015;145:43-57.
 Serretti A, Chiesa A. Treatment-emergent sexualdysfunction related to antidepressants: a meta-analysis. J ClinPsychopharmacol. 2009;29(3):259-266.
 Tonhajzerova I, Ondrejka I, Chladekova Let al. Heart rate time irreversibility is impaired in adolescent major depression. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry. 2012;39(1):212-217.
Arrington, R., Cofrances, J., Wu, A. (2004). Questionnaires to measure sexual quality of life. Quality of Life Research, 13, 1643-1658.
Basson, R., (2000) The female sexual response: A different model. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 26, 51-65.
Basson, R., Brotto, L., Laan E., Redmond G., Utian, W. (2005). Assessment and Management of Women’s SexualDysfunctions: Problematic Desire and Arousal, Journal of Sex Medicine. 2, s. 291-300.
Bancroft, J. (2009). Seksualność człowieka
Aleksandra Kępa, Grzegorz Bakalczuk, Zuzanna Toruń, Weronika Topyła, Maciej Putowski and Artur Wdowiak
kompleksowego postępowania terapeutycznego w zaburzeniach nastroju oraz dysfunkcjach seksualnych u kobiet w okresie okołomenopauzalnym. Prz Ginekol Położ. 2007;(4-6):173-82.
9. Ziaei S, Moghasemi M, Faghihzadeh S. Comparative effects of conventional hormone replacement therapy and tibolone on climacteric symptoms and sexualdysfunction in postmenopausal women. Climacteric. 2010;13:147-56.
10. Bińkowska M, Jakiel G. Terapia hormonalna okresu menopauzy – przez skórna droga podania. Prz Menopauzalny. 2012;4:281-6.
11. Norwitz E, Schorge J. Położnictwo i
Mitko D. Mitkov, Ivanka Y. Aleksandrova and Maria M. Orbetzova
21. Hänninen J, Takala J, Keinänen-Kiukaanniemi S. Good continuity of care may improve quality of life in Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2001;51(1):21-7.
22. Misra R, Lager J. Predictors of quality of life among adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Complications 2008;22(3):217-23.
23. Popov S. Sexualdysfunctions in men - diagnostic and psychosocial aspects. [dissertation] Plovdiv: Medical Universtiy-Plovdiv;2011:55-57 (Bulgarian).