Babko O., Rothrock D. A. and Maykut G. A. (2002) Role of rafting in the mechanical redistribution of seaice thickness, J. Geophys. Res., 107 (C8), 3113, DOI: 10.1029/1999JC000190.
Belytschko T., Krongauz Y., Dolbow J. and Gerlach C. (1998) On the completeness of meshfree particle methods, Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., 43 (5), 785-819, DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19981115) 43:5.
Chadwick P. (1999) Continuum Mechanics: Concise Theory and Problems, Dover, Mineola, New York, 2nd edn.
Da-yong Zhang, Song-song Yu, Yanlin Wang and Qian-jin Yue
, Valentin A.: Russian iceberg observations in the Barents Sea, 1933-1990. Polar Research, No 2, Vol.11, 1992, p.93-97.
7. Eik, K.: Review of experiences within ice and iceberg management. Journal of Navigation, No4, Vol.61, 2008, p. 557-572.
8. AR Mahoney, H Eicken, AG Gaylord, R Gens.: Landfast seaice extent in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas the annual cycle and decadal variability. Cold Regions Science & Technology, No 1, Vol.103, 2014, p.41-56.
9. K Eik, OT Gudmestad.: Iceberg management and impact on design of offshore
Maciej Janecki, Artur Nowicki, Alicja Kańska, Maria Golenko and Lidia Dzierzbicka-Głowacka
1. Koslowski, G., Loewe, P. (1994). The western Baltic Seaice season in terms of mass–related severity index: 1879–1992. Tellus , 46A, 66–74.
2. Tinz, B. (1996). On the relation between annual maximum extent of ice cover in the Baltic Sea and sea level pressure as well as air temperature field. Geophysica , 32, 319–341.
3. Pirazzini, R., Vihma, T., Granskog, M.A., Cheng, B. (2006). Surface albedo measurements over seaice in the Baltic Sea during the spring snowmelt period. Annals of Glaciology , 44, 7–14.
4. BACC II Author
Babko O., Rothrock D. A., Maykut G. A. (2002) Role of rafting in the mechanical redistribution of seaice thickness, J. Geophys. Res. , 107 (C8), 3113, DOI: 10.1029/1999JC000190.
Belytschko T., Krongauz Y., Dolbow J., Gerlach C. (1998) On the completeness of meshfree particle methods, Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng. , 43 (5), 785–819, DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19981115) 43:5.
Bitz C. M., Lipscomb W. H. (1999) An energy-conserving thermodynamic model for seaice, J. Geophys. Res. , 104 (C7), 15 669–15 677, DOI: 10.1029/1999JC
Jong-Ho Nam, Inha Park, Ho Jin Lee, Mi Ok Kwon, Kyungsik Choi and Young-Kyo Seo
Chapman, D.C., 1985. Numerical treatment of cross-shelf open boundaries in a barotropic coastal ocean model. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 15(8), pp.1060-1075.
Choi, K.S., Nam, J.H., Park, Y.J., Ha, J.S. and Jeong, S.Y., 2010. Northern sea route transit analysis for large cargo vessels.The 25th international symposium on Okhotsk sea & seaice. Mombetsu, Hokkaido, Japan 21-26 February 2010. pp. 194-200.
Dijkstra, E.W., 1959. A note on two problems in connexion with graphs. Numerische Mathematik, 1
 Baltic Seaice winters. Ice winters in the Baltic Sea, Finish Meteorological Institute , [online], http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/baltic-sea-ice-winters [access 16.07.2017].
 Dyrcz C., Analysis of the occurrence of ice balls on the Hel Peninsula, ‘Scientific Journal of Polish Naval Academy’, 2014, No. 1, pp. 17-29.
 Ice winters in the Baltic Sea, Finish Meteorological Institute, [online], http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/ice-winter-in-the-baltic-sea [access 16.07.2017].
Adam Krężel, Katarzyna Bradtke and Agnieszka Herman
, Oceanologia, 50 (2), (2008), 125-146.
7. A. Mazur, A. Krężel: Object-based classification of Baltic Seaice extent and concentration in winter, J. Earth Sci. Engng, 2, (2011), 488-495.
8. K. Myrberg, O. Andrejev, Main upwelling regions in the Baltic Sea - a statistical analysis based on threedimensional modelling, Boreal Environment Research, 8, (2003), 97-112.
9. L.L. Stowe., A.M. Ignatov, R.R. Singh: Development, validation, and potential enhancements to the secondgeneration operational aerosol product at the National
This article presents the results of research based on analysis of ice conditions on the Arctic Sea in recent years and consequences of these changes. The Arctic ice extent are changed due to global warming. Reducing the ice surface leads to intensification of the navigation of the waters of the Arctic Sea, resulting in a significant reduction of the distance between the ports of Europe and East Asia and the North and South Americas. This phenomenon is conducive to the opening of new shipping routes leading through the Arctic Sea. After the entry into force of 1st January, 2017 The International Code for Ships Operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code) is expected to improve the safety of conducting the navigation of the waters. Analysis of maritime accidents in the Arctic waters shows that the number of accidents has a growing trend, however, last year brings them a significant decreasing.
Māris Kļaviņš, Zanita Avotniece and Valērijs Rodinovs
temperature variability in Sweden: Spatial and temporal variations. Tellus, 51A, 505–516.
Gebre, S., Boissy, T., Alfredsen, K. (2014). Sensitivity to climate change of the thermal structure and ice cover regime of three hydropower reservoirs J. Hydrol ., 510 (3), 208–227.
Granskog, M., Kaartokallio, H., Kuosa, H., Thomas, D. N., Vainia, J. (2006). Seaice in the Baltic Sea. Estuar. Coast. Shelf . Sci., 70 , 145–160.
Hagen, E., Feistel, R. (2005). Climatic turning pints and regime shifts in the Baltic Sea region: The Baltic winter index (WIBIX) 1659
Hyun-Soo Kim, Chun-Ju Lee, Kyung-Sik Choi and Moon-Chan Kim
Bomford, 4th edition, 1984. GEODESY, Oxford : Clarendon Press, ISBN : 019851946X.
Choi, K. Lee, C.J. Rim, C.W. and Kim, H.S., 2011. Strength Characteristics of Arctic SeaIce from Ice Field Tests of the Icebreaking Research Vessel ARAON (to appear in Korean). Transactions of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 48(3), pp.254-259.
Kim, H.S. Park, G.I. and Ha, M.K., 2001. Computerized Measurement System of Ship Speed and Maneuvering Performance in Sea Trial, Journal of the society of naval