Marica Pavkovic, Slobodanka Trpkovska-Terzieva, Tatjana Sotirova, Lidija Cevreska and Aleksandar Stojanovic
, Szechinski J, et al. Efficacy of B-cell-targeted therapy with rituximab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. N Engl J Med. 2004;350: 2572-2581.
16. Ahmed ER, Spigelman Z, Cavacini LA, Posner MR. Treatment of pemphigus vulgaris with rituximab and intravenous immune globulin. N Engl J Med. 2006;355: 1772-1779.
17. Zecca M, Nobili B, Ramenghi U, et al. Rituximab for the treatment of refractory autoimmune hemolytic anemia in children. Blood. 2004;103: 2925-2928.
18. Arnold DM, Dentali F, Crowther MA, et al. Systematic review
Chayapol Somboonyosdech, Supeecha Wittayalertpanya, Udomsak Bunworasate and Wacharee Limpanasithikul
1. Zhong Y. Non-Hogkin’s lymphoma: what primary care professionals need to know. J Nurse Pract. 2006; 2:309-15.
2. Hennessy BT, Hanrahan EO, Daly PA. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: an update. The Lancet Oncol. 2004; 5: 341-53.
3. Lu P. Staging and classification of lymphoma. Semin Nucl Med. 2005; 35:160-4.
4. Sacchi S, Federico M, Dastoli G, Fiorani C, Vinci G, Clo‘ V, et al. Treatment of B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma with anti CD 20 monoclonal antibody Rituximab. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2001
Maria E. Tsanyan, Sergey K. Soloviev, Stefka G. Radenska-Lopovok, Anna V. Torgashina, Ekaterina V. Nikolaeva, Yaroslav B. Khrennikov and Evgeniy L. Nasonov
1. Klyukvina NG, Nasonov EL, Nasonova VA. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. In: Rheumatology, National Guidance Manual. Moscow: GEOTAR; 2008:419-46 (Russian).
2. Condon M, Ashby D, Pepper R, et al. Prospective observational single-centre cohort study to evaluate the effectiveness of treating lupus nephritis with rituximab and mycophenolate mofetil but no oral steroids. Ann Rheum Dis 2013;72:1280-6.
3. Duxbury B, Combescure C, Chizzolini C. Rituximab in systemic lupus erythematosus: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Lupus
Primic Žakelj M, Bračko M, Hočevar M, Pompe-Kirn V, Strojan P, Zadnik V, Zakotnik B and Žagar T, editors. Cancer incidence in Slovenia 2006. Ljubljana: Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, Cancer registry of Republic of Slovenia; 2009.
Cvetkovic RS, Perry CM. Rituximab: a review of its use in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Drugs 2006; 66 : 791
44. Balduini CL, Gugliotta L, Luppi M, et al; Italian TTP Study Group. High versus standard dose methylprednisolone in the acute phase of idiopathic thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura: a randomized study. Ann Hematol. 2010;89(6):591-596.
45. Scully M, McDonald V, Cavenagh J, et al. A phase 2 study of the safety and efficacy of rituximab with plasma exchange in acute acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 2011;118(7):1746-1753.
46. Froissart A, Buffet M, Veyradier A, et al. Efficacy and safety of first-line rituximab in
Cancer, 2001, 16(2):181.
4 Kin JH, Bang YJ, Parb J, et al . Hepatitis B virus infection and B-cell non-Hodgkin’ s lymphoma in a hepatitis B endemic area: a case-control study. Jpn J Cancer Res, 2002, 93(5): 47l-477.
5 Guan Z, Wang S. Research Status of Chemotherapy for B Cell Lymphoma. Chinese Journal of Oncology, 2005, 27(12):760-761.
6 Pfreundschuh M, Trumper L, Osterborg A, et al. CHOP-like chemotherapy plus rituximab versus CHOP-like chemotherapy alone in young patients with good-prognosis diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a randomised controlled
Barbara Novaković, Vladimir Kotnik, Tanja Šetina, Marjeta Vovk and Srdjan Novaković
Lucas BJ, Horning SJ. Monoclonal antibodies have finally arrived. In: Cavalli F, Armitage JO, Longo DL, editors. Annual of Lymphoid Malignancies. London: Martin Dunitz Ltd; 2001. p. 153-67.
Jazirehi AR, Bonavida B. Cellular and molecular signal transduction pathways modulated by rituximab (rituxan, anti-CD20 mAb) in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: implications in chemosensitization and therapeutic intervention. Oncogene 2005; 24 : 2121-43.
Maloney DG, Liles TM, Czerwinski
and she was started on chemotherapy with rituximab and chlorambucil (R-LP), but was switched after only two cycles of R-LP to fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in combination with rituximab (R-FC) due to further disease progression. During this time, she suffered an episode of cutaneous herpes zoster, so valacyclovir prophylaxis was initiated. In January 2013, a transformation into DLBCL was confirmed and rituximab, cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin and prednisolone (R-CHOP) chemotherapy regimen introduced. After 4 cycles of R-CHOP, disease remission was
Iwona Hus, Joanna Drozd-Sokołowska, Lidia Gil, Ewa Lech-Marańda, Krzysztof Giannopoulos, Sebastian Giebel, Wojciech Jurczak, Tomasz Wróbel, Jan Maciej Zaucha and Tadeusz Robak
Agency Guideline on similar biological medicinal products containing biotechnology-derived proteins as active substance: non-clinical and clinical issues London: European Medicines Agency; 2014 1 13
 Jurczak W, Moreira I, Kanakasetty GB, et al. Rituximab biosimilar and reference rituximab in patients with previously untreated advanced follicular lymphoma (ASSIST-FL): primary results from a confirmatory phase 3, double-blind, randomised, controlled study. Lancet Haematol 2017;4:e350–61. 10.1016/S2352-3026(17)30106-0 28712941 Jurczak W Moreira I
various common drugs implicated in iatrogenic HG are summarized in Table 1 . This list continues to expand with the rapid development of novel immunosuppressive and biologic therapies. In particular, the increasing popularity of anti-CD20 therapies, such as rituximab, has led to increasing reports of secondary antibody deficiency and fueled more research into its significance and treatment.
Common examples of drug-induced hypogammaglobinemia