M.I. Costache, Mihai Ioana, Sevastiţa Iordache, D. Ene, Cornelia Alexandra Costache and A. Săftoiu
renal cell carcinomas. Pathol Res Pract. 2014 Dec; 210 (12):901-8.
72. AI K.X., LU L.Y., HUANG X.Y., CHEN W., ZHANG H.Z. Prognostic significance of S100A4 and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in pancreaticcancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2008 Mar 28; 14 (12):1931-5.
73. VON MARSCHALL Z., CRAMER T., HÖCKER M., BURDE R., PLATH T., SCHIRNER M., HEIDENREICH R., BREIER G., RIECKEN E.O., WIEDENMANN B., ROSEWICZ S. De novo expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in human pancreaticcancer: evidence for an autocrine mitogenic loop
1. Jamal A, Siegel R, Ward E, Hao Y, Xu J, Thun MJ . Cancer statistic, 2009. CA Cancer J Clin 59: 225-249, 2009.
2. Hsu C, Saif MW. Diabetes and pancreaticcancer. Highlights from the „2011 ASCO Annual Meeting” JOP 12: 330-333, 2011.
3. Huggett MT, Pereira SP . Diagnosing and managing pancreaticcancer. Practitioner 255: 21-25, 2-3, 2011.
4. DeCensi A, Puntoni M, Goodwin P et al . Metformin and cancer risk in diabetic patients: a systematic review and meta
Jakob Liermann, Patrick Naumann, Franco Fortunato, Thomas E. Schmid, Klaus-Josef Weber, Jürgen Debus and Stephanie E. Combs
Pancreaticcancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer related deaths in the United States. 1 Surgical resection is still the most important treatment modality and prognostic factor, but in the late stage of the disease, only 10–20% of all primary tumours are still operable. 2 Beside primary metastasized and thus palliative stage IV disease 30-40% of all cases are locally advanced but non-metastasized tumors that could benefit from neoadjuvant treatment. 3 We recently reported that approximately one third of these locally advanced tumors
Vojko Flis, Stojan Potrc, Nina Kobilica and Arpad Ivanecz
In cases of pancreaticcancer pancreaticoduodenectomy with complete resection offers the only chance for cure. Historically, involvement of regional vascular structures by pancreatic carcinoma has been considered a contraindication for reconstruction. 1 At the time of diagnosis more than three quarters of patients have locally advanced disease or distant metastasis that preclude radical surgery and 5-year survival after “curative” surgery ranges from 10 to 20% even in recent large series. 2 Advances in surgical techniques, perioperative care
Vincenza Granata, Roberta Fusco, Sergio Venanzio Setola, Raffaele Palaia, Vittorio Albino, Mauro Piccirillo, Robert Grimm, Antonella Petrillo and Francesco Izzo
Electrochemotherapy (ECT) is a promising tool for treatment of deep tumours. 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 This ablative technique combines the administration of chemotherapeutic drugs with electric pulses for cell membrane electroporation. 7 In our previous studies 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , we demonstrated the safety and efficacy of the treatment in locally advanced pancreaticcancer. However, the correct assessment of the efficacy of ECT is a challenge for a radiologist since tumour necrosis is not always correlated with a dimensional change so that
tumor: a metastasis from primary pancreas cancer. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2000; 34 : 70-1.
Seo IY, Kim SG, Han WC, Rim JS. Paratesticular mucinous cystadenocarcinoma: metastasis from pancreaticcancer. Int J Urol 2004; 11: 1147-9.
Dookeran KA, Lotze MT, Sikora SS, Rao UN. Pancreatic and ampullary carcinomas with intrascrotal metastases. Br J Surg 1997; 84 : 198-9.
Mao C, Domenico DR, Kim K, Hanson DJ, Howard JM. Observations on the developmental patterns and the consequences of
Med Sci Sports. 2009;19(6):764-81.
7. Wen XY. Salt taste sensitivity, physical activity and gastric cancer. APJCP. 2010;11(6):1473-7.
8. Chen Y, Yu C, Li Y. Physical activity and risks of esophageal and gastric cancers: a meta-analysis. PloS one. 2014;9(2):e88082.
9. Farris MS, Mosli MH, McFadden AA et al. The Association between Leisure Time Physical Activity and PancreaticCancer Risk in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol, Biomarkers Prev. 2015;24(10):1462-73.
10. Nothlings U, Wilkens LR, Murphy SP et al. Body
Aleksandra Nikolić, Marija Stanković, Ivan Nišević, Snežana Lukić, Marina Anđelić-Jelić, Dragan Popović and Dragica Radojković
Otsuki M, Tashiro M. Chronic pancreatitis and pancreaticcancer, lifestyle-related diseases. Intern Med 2007; 46: 109-13.
Watanabe RM, Black MH, Xiang AH, Allayee H, Lawrence JM, Buchanan TA. Genetics of gestational diabetes mellitus and type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2007; 30: S134-40.
Ulrich AB, Schmied BM, Standop J, Schneider MB, Lawson TA, Friess H, et al. Differences in the expression of glutathione S-transferases in normal pancreas, chronic pancreatitis, secondary
Ivana Vrhovac Madunić, Josip Madunić, Davorka Breljak, Dean Karaica and Ivan Sabolić
. Expression of SGLT1, Bcl-2 and p53 in primary pancreaticcancer related to survival. Cancer Invest 2008;26:852-9. doi: 10.1080/07357900801956363
37. Hanabata Y, Nakajima Y, Morita K, Kayamori K, Omura K. Coexpression of SGLT1 and EGFR is associated with tumor differentiation in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Odontology 2012;100:156-63. doi: 10.1007/s10266-011-0033-2
38. Helmke BM, Reisser C, Idzkoe M, Dyckhoff G, Herold- Mende C. Expression of SGLT-1 in preneoplastic and neoplastic lesions of the head and neck. Oral Oncol 2004;40:28-35. doi
Sabrina Bimonte, Maddalena Leongito, Vincenza Granata, Antonio Barbieri, Vitale del Vecchio, Michela Falco, Aurelio Nasto, Vittorio Albino, Mauro Piccirillo, Raffaele Palaia, Alfonso Amore, Raimondo di Giacomo, Secondo Lastoria, Sergio Venanzio Setola, Roberta Fusco, Antonella Petrillo and Francesco Izzo
Pancreatic adenocarcinoma, despite extensive research, remains one of the deadliest cancers with high mortality rate. Surgical resection represents the only curative treatment for this pathology, but the majority of the patients are incurable at initial presentation with metastatic (stage IV) or surgically non-resectable disease (stage III disease). 1 – 3 At present gemcitabine and paclitaxel (Abraxane) are the best chemotherapeutic agents used for treatment of pancreaticcancer, however, patients develop drug resistance over the time. Thus