Piotr Brodzki, Adam Brodzki, Łukasz Kurek, Jan Marczuk and Marcin R. Tatara
ovariancycle and in cows with follicular and luteal ovarian cysts. Bull. Vet. Inst. Pulawy, 58: 141-147.
Chapwanya A.,Meade K.G.,Narciandi F., Stanley P.,Mee J.F.Doherty M.L.,Callanan J.J., Farrelly C.O. (2010). Endometrial biopsy: a valuable clinical and research tool in bovine reproduction. Theriogenology, 73: 988-994.
Deligdisch L. (2000). Hormonal pathology of the endometrium. Mod. Pathol., 13: 285-294
Fraser H.M., Wilson H., Silvestri A., Morris K.D. Wiegant S.J. (2008). The role of vascular endothelial growth factor
Piotr Brodzki, Adam Brodzki, Krzysztof Kostro, Łukasz Kurek, Jan Marczuk and Leszek Krakowski
The experiment was conducted on 30 Holstein-Friesian cows: 10 cows in the follicular phase of the cycle and in the luteal phase 10 d later, 10 cows with follicular cysts, and 10 with luteal cysts. The presence of the ovarian structures was confirmed by ultrasonography. Serum levels of progesterone and 17β-oestradiol were tested with ELISA. Samples for cytological examination were collected from the uterus of all cows using a cytological brush. Following staining, the smears were evaluated in terms of quality and percentages of endometrial cells. In the follicular phase of the oestrous cycle, cells of type A - superficial cells (64.6 ± 4.48) were proportionally the largest group of cells. Cells of type C - basal cells (19.8 ± 2.75) were also present. In the luteal phase, the highest percentage of cells was of type B - intermediate cells (76.9 ± 4.26). When follicular cysts were present on the ovaries, the cytology resembled the follicular phase of the cycle, but with many younger type C cells (33.1 ± 4.11). In the case of luteal cysts on the ovaries, the cytology was similar to that of the luteal phase of the cycle, however with a lower percentage of type B cells (58.1 ± 5.71), and a slightly higher percentage of the other types. The differences in the cytological image of the uterus when different ovarian structures are present, depend on the hormonal activity of those structures. Due to the lack of literature data, the results of the study are important as a model, and may substantially facilitate identification of phases of the oestrus cycle, or the pathologies described, as well as indicate the current status of the endometrium
Michał Dzięcioł, Agnieszka Noszczyk-Nowak, Katarzyna Michlik, Wojciech Niżański and Grzegorz Dejneka
-vascular system during the luteal phase of ovariancycle in cows. Acta Histochem 2014, 116, 377-381.
16. Fisch J.D, Sher G: Vaginal sildenafil improves ART outcome in a large cohort of patients with multiple prior ART failures attributed to poor endometrial development. Fertil Steril 2002, 78, 235.
17. Ford S.P.: Control of uterine and ovarian blood flow throughout the estrous cycle and pregnancy of ewes, sows and cows J Anim Sci 55, Suppl 1982, 2, 32-42.
18. Gori T, Sicuro S, Dragoni S, Donati G, Forconi S, Parker J.D.: Sildenafil prevent endothelial dysfunction induced
Marta Rybska, Sandra Knap, Maurycy Jankowski, Michal Jeseta, Dorota Bukowska, Paweł Antosik, Michał Nowicki, Maciej Zabel, Bartosz Kempisty and Jędrzej M. Jaśkowski
The pig is a polyestrous animal in which the ovarian cycle lasts about 21 days and results in ovulation of 10-25 oocytes. Ovum reaches 120-150 μm in diameter, with the surrounding corona radiata providing communication with the environment. The zona pellucida is composed of glycoproteins: ZP1, ZP2, ZP3. In the course of oogenesis, RNA and protein accumulation for embryonic development occurs. Maternal mRNA is the template for protein production. Nuclear, cytoplasmic and genomic maturity condition the ability of the ovum to undergo fertilization. There are several differences in protein expression profiles observed between in vitro and in vivo conditions. Oogenesis is the process of differentiating female primary sex cells into gametes. During development gonocytes migrate from the yolk sac into the primary gonads with TGF-1, fibronectin, and laminin regulating this process. Cell cycle is blocked in dictyotene. Primary oocyte maturation is resumed before each ovulation and lasts until the next block in metaphase II. At the moment of penetration of the sperm into the ovum, the metaphase block is broken. The oocytes, surrounded by a single layer of granular cells, form the ovarian follicle. The exchange of signals between the oocyte and the cumulus cells done by gap-junctions, as well as various endo and paracrine signals. The contact between the corona radiata cells provides substances necessary for growth, through the same gap junctions. Studies on follicular cells can be used to amplify the knowledge of gene expression in these cells, in order to open way for potential clinical applications.
László Molnár, József Domokos, Isabella Ferando and István Módy
rat”, Neuron 21, 1998, pp. 179-189.
 Asham, K.M., Bird, C.M., Zepf, S.E., “Detecting bimodality in astronomical datasets”, Astronom J, 108, 1994, pp. 2348-2361.
 Bart, A.M., Ferando, I., Mody, I., “Ovariancycle-linked plasticity of δ-GABA A receptor subunits in hippocampal interneurons affects γ oscillations in vivo ”, Front Cell Neurosci, 8, 2014, pp. 222.
 Lee, V., Maguire, J., “Impact of inhibitory constraint of interneurons on neuronal excitability:, J Neurophysiol, 110, 2013, pp. 2520–2535.
 Ferando, I., Mody, I., “Altered
Claudia Matei, András Mester, Daniel Cernica, Roxana Hodas and Lehel Bordi
Coxsackievirusinduced myocarditis. Brain Behav Immun. 2009;23:649-657. doi: 10.1016/j.bbi.2008.12.002.
14. Lyden DC, Huber SA. Aggravation of coxsackievirus, group B, type 3-induced myocarditis and increase in cellular immunity to myocyte antigens in pregnant Balb/c mice and animals treated with progesterone. Cell Immunol. 1984;87:462-472.
15. Huber SA. Coxsackievirus B3-induced myocarditis: infection of females during the estrus phase of the ovariancycle leads to activation of T regulatory cells. Virology. 2008;378:292-298. doi: 10.1016/j
J. Pivko, P. Makovický, A. Makarevich, A. Sirotkin, P. Makovický and E. Kubovičová
: Development of dominant follicles and length of ovariancycles in postpartum dairy cows. J. Reprod. Fert., 88, 581-591.
26. Schmucker, D. L., 2005: Age-related changes in liver structure and function: implications for disease ? Exp. Gerontol., 40, 650-659.
27. Silke, V., Diskin, M. G., Kenny, D. A., Boland, M. P., Dillon, P., Mee, J. F., Sreenan, J. M., 2002: Extent, pattern and factors associated with late embryonic loss in dairy cows. Anim. Reprod. Sci., 71, 1-12.
28. Sirotkin, A. V., Makarevich, A. V., Makovicky, P
Marta Rybska, Sandra Knap, Katarzyna Stefańska, Maurycy Jankowski, Agata Chamier-Gliszczyńska, Małgorzata Popis, Michal Jeseta, Dorota Bukowska, Paweł Antosik, Bartosz Kempisty and Jędrzej M. Jaśkowski
34. Belli M, Shimasaki S. Molecular Aspects and Clinical Relevance of GDF9 and BMP15 in Ovarian Function. In: OvarianCycle: Elsevier; 2018. p. 317–48 [Vitamins and Hormones]; DOI:10.1016/bs.vh.2017.12.003.
35. Jee BC, Lee JR, Suh CS, Kim SH, Moon SY. Follicular fluid growth differentiation factor-9 concentration and oocyte developmental competence. J Womens Med. 2011;4(1):1; DOI:10.5468/jwm.2011.4.1.1.
36. Teixeira Filho FL, Baracat EC, Lee TH, Suh CS, Matsui M, Chang RJ, Shimasaki S, Erickson GF. Aberrant expression of growth differentiation factor-9
Ouratul Edritanti, Achmad Farajallah and Yusli Wardiatno
exclusion hypothesis in sandy beach populations: the mole crab Emerita brasiliensis in Uruguay. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 212, 159-170.
Denys, C. J., McWhinnie, M. A. (1982): Fecundity and ovariancycles of the Antarctic krill Euphausia superba (Crustacea, Euphausiacea). Canadian Journal of Zoology, 60, 2414-2423.
Diaz, H. (1980): The mole crab Emerita talpoida (Say): A case of changing life history pattern. Ecological Monograph, 50, 437-456.
Dugan, J. E., Hubbard, D. M., Wenner, A. M. (1994): Geographic variation in life history of the sand