Olufunsho Awodele, Temidayo Popoola, Kunle Rotimi, Victor Ikumawoyi and Wahab Okunowo
Adikwu E, Brambaifa N (2013). Concentration effect, incidence and mechanism of nevirapine hepatotoxicity. Am J Pharmacol Toxicol 8 (1): 20–30.
Adikwu E, Brambaifa N, Deo O, Oru-Bo PG (2013). Antiretroviral Toxicity and Oxidative Stress. Am J Pharmacol Toxicol 8 (4): 187–196.
Awodele O, Agbaje EO, Adesina EA. and Akintonwa A (2011). Hepatoprotective Role of Neutrosec R on Hepatic Damage Induced by Combination of Zidovudine and Combined Anti-tuberculous Agents in Rats. Tokai J Exp Clin Med 36 (2): 31–36.
Bain PJ (2003
Ch. Venkata Reddiaha, P. Rama Devib, K. Mukkantic and P. Srinivasu
 United States Pharmacopeia, United States Pharmacopoeia Convention, Rockville, MD, pp. 3539-3542, (2008).
 ICH Guidance on Analytical Method Validation, [in:] Proc. Int.Convention on Quality for the Pharmaceutical Industry, Toronto, Canada, September (2002)
 R.L. Murphy, J. Montaner, Drug Evaluations Anti-infectives: Nevirapine: A review of its development, pharmacological profile and potential for clinical use, Expert Opin. Investig. Drugs, 5 , 1183, (1996), http://dx.doi.org/10
1. Department of Health. Guidelines of prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission management and care for HIV-infected women and families. Department of Health, Ministry of Public Health, May 2007.
2. McIntyre JA, Martinson N, Gray GE, for the Trial 1413 Investigator Team. Single dose nevirapine combined with a short course of combivir for prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV-1 can significantly decrease the subsequent development of maternal and infant resistant virus. Antivir Ther. 2005; 10 (suppl
efficacy of a simplified fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine (GPO-VIR) for the treatment of advanced HIV-infected patients: a 24-week study. J Med Assoc Thai. 2004; 87:760-7.
8. Tin EE, Bowonwatanuwong C, Desakorn V, Wilairatana P, Krudsood S, Pitisuttithum P. The efficacy and adverse effects of GPO-VIR (stavudine+lamivudine+ nevirapine) in treatment-naive adult HIV patients. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2005; 36: 362-9.
9. Chasombat S, Lertpiriyasuwat C, Thanprasertsuk S, Suebsaeng L, Lo YR. The
Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) began implementing a national program for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) for all pregnant women using a short course of zidovudine (AZT) during 2000–2004 [ 3 ] and AZT plus single dose nevirapine (SD-NVP) (WHO Option A) during 2004–2010. During 2010–2014, Thailand’s national PMTCT program included routine HIV counseling and testing for all pregnant women and their partners (HIV testing and counseling for couples) in antenatal care (ANC) settings, antiretroviral therapy (ART) for all HIV-infected pregnant women
among HIV-infected infants. N Engl J Med. 2008; 359:2233-44.
6. Lapphra K, Vanprapar N, Chearskul S, Phongsamart W, Chearskul P, Prasitsuebsai W, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of nevirapine- versus efavirenz-containing regimens in HIV-infected Thai children. Int J Infect Dis. 2008;12:e33-8.
7. Puthanakit T, Aurpibul L, Oberdorfer P, Akarathum N, Kanjanavanit S, Wannarit P, et al. Sustained immunologic and virologic efficacy after four years of highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus infected children in
Padala Venkateswarlu, Bommana Kumar, Kalluru Seshaiah and Vasireddy Prasad
Selective and sensitive method for the determination of metoprolol in human plasma using liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry
A high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method was developed and validated for the determination of metoprolol in human plasma. The analyte and internal standard, nevirapine, were extracted from plasma matrix by liquid-liquid extraction with ethyl acetate. Chromatographic separation was achieved on a C-18 analytical column with an isocratic mobile phase of 15:85 (V/V) 10 mmol L-1 ammonium acetate (pH 5.0)/acetonitrile. The atmospheric pressure chemical ionization technique was used for sample ionization in positive ion mode and enhanced selectivity was achieved by tandem mass spectrometric analysis via two multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) transitions, 268.2 → 116.2 for metoprolol and 267.1 → 226.2 for nevirapine, respectively. The assay was validated for human plasma over a concentration range of 1-200 ng mL-1 with the precision and accuracy ranging from 0.9 to 8.8% and 89.9 to 105.8%, respectively.
antiretroviral therapy. - Antivir Ther 2006, 11:79-86.
20. Elias, A. and N. Brambaifa, 2013. Concentration-effect, incidence and mechanism of nevirapine hepatotoxicity. - Am. J. Pharmacol. Toxicol., 8: 20-30.
21. Elias, A., O. Deo, O. Geoffrey and D. Enimeya. Nevirapine hepatotoxicity: Implications of risk factors. - Am. J. Pharm. Toxicol. 8: 2013, 51-63.
22. Elias, A., N. Brambaifa et al. Antiretroviral toxicity and oxidative stress. - Am. J. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 8 (4): 187-196, 2013.
23. Eron, J. HIV-1 protease
Yang Zhou, Hui Wang, Sha-xi Li, Gui-lin Yang and Ying-xia Liu
8. Lu XC, Ou NZ, Huang AC. Study on the immune reconstitution inflammation syndrome during treatment in AIDS patients with tuberculosis and common AIDS patients. Guangxi Yixue Zazhi 2012;33:526-529.
9. van Oosterhout JJ, Kumwenda JJ, Beadsworth M, Mateyu G, Longwe T, Burger DM, et al. Nevirapine-based antiretroviral therapy started early in the course of tuberculosis treatment in adult Malawians. Antivir Ther 2007;12:515-521.
10. Seddiki N, Sasson SC, Santner-Nanan B, Munier M, van Bockel D, Ip S
Jiang Xiao, Yan-mei Li, Ying-xiu Huang, Wen Zhang, Wen-jing Su, Wei Zhang, Ning Han, Di Yang, Xin Li, Gui-ju Gao and Hong-xin Zhao
Group and Trial Team. Virological response to a triple nucleoside/nucleotide analogue regimen over 48 weeks in HIV-1-infected adults in Africa. AIDS 2006; 20:1391-1399.
14 Ndembi N, Goodall RL, Dunn DT, McCormick A, Burke A, Lyagoba F, et al. Development of Antiretroviral Treatment in Africa Virology Group and Trial Team. Viral rebound and emergence of drug resistance in the absence of viral load testing: a randomized comparison between zidovudine-lamivudine plus Nevirapine and zidovudine-lamivudine plus Abacavir. J Infect Dis 2010; 201