Claudiu Puiac, Janos Szederjesi, Alexandra Lazăr, Codruța Bad and Lucian Pușcașiu
Critical Care Medicine 2016;2(2):80-84
7. Sui F, Zheng Y, Li WX. Renal circulation and microcirculation during intraabdominal hypertension in a porcine model. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20(3):452-61
8. Balogh ZJ, Lumsdaine W, Moore EE. Postinjury abdominal compartment syndrome: from recognition to prevention. Lancet. 2014;384(9952):1466–1475
9. Prasad D. Neutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalinNeutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalin (NGAL). A new marker of kidney disease. Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl. 2008;241:89–94
10. Garabed E
associated with human neutrophil gelatinase. J Biol Chem. 1993 May 15;268(14):10425-32.
5. Monisha J et all. NeutrophilGelatinase-AssociatedLipocalin (NGAL): A Promising Biomarker for Cancer Diagnosis and A Potential Target for Cancer Therapeutics. J Cell Sci Molecul Biol. 2014;1(2): 106.
6. KDIGO Clinical Practice Guideline for Acute Kidney Injury
7. Susantitaphong P et all World Incidence of AKI: A Meta-Analysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013 Sep 6; 8(9):1482-1493
8. American Society of Nephrology Renal Research Report JASN July 20105,16 (7) 1886
Grigorescu Bianca, Fodor Raluca, Mihaly Veres, Monica Orlandea, Judita Badea, Katalin Hlavathy and Adrian Cioc
1. Singbartl K, Kellum JA. AKI in the ICU: Definition, Epidemiology, Risk Stratification, and Outcomes. Kidney Int. 2012;81(9):819-25.
2. Cruz DN, Cal M, Garzotto M. Plasma neutrophil gelatinaseassociated lipocalin is an early biomarker for acute kidney injury in an adult ICU population. Intensive Care Med. 2010; 36:444-51.
3. Fatemeh G, Faranak K, Esmat G, Rahimipour A, Houshang A, Malihe N. Assessment of Neutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalin (NGAL) as an early biomarker for detection of renal
Aleksandrs Maļcevs, Jānis Jušinskis, Sergejs Truškovs, Viktors Ševeļevs and Rafails Rozentāls
Haase, M., Bellomo, R., Devarajan, P., Schlattmann, P., Haase-Fielitz, A. (2009). Accuracy of neutrophil-gelatinaseassociatedlipocalin (NGAL) in diagnosis and prognosis in acute kidney injury. A systematic review and meta-analysis. Amer. J. Kidney Dis . 54 , 1012.
Hirsch, R., Dent, C., Pfriem, H., Allen, J., Beekman III, R. H., Ma, Q., Dastrala, S., Bennett, M., Mitsnefes, M., Devarajan, P. (2007). NGAL is an early predictive biomarker of contrast-induced nephropathy in children . Pediatr. Nephrol. , 22
Senem Ersavaş, Gülden Diniz, Hülya Tosun Yıldırım, Yetkin Koca, Dudu Solakoğlu Kahraman, Duygu Ayaz and Bengü Demirağ
5. Kjeldsen L, Johnsen AH, Sengeløv H, Borregaard N. Isolation and primary structure of NGAL, a novel protein associated with human neutrophil gelatinase. J Biol Chem. 1993; 268:10425-32.
6. Bratt T. Lipocalins and cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1482:318-26.
7. Bolignano D, Donato V, Lacquaniti A, Fazio MR, Bono C, Coppolino G, Buemi M. Neutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalin (NGAL) in human neoplasias: A new protein enters the scene. Cancer Lett. 2010;288:10-6.
8. Ichimura T, Bonventre JV, Bailly V, Wei H
Mina Radovic, Suzana Bojic, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljevic, Visnja Lezaic, Biljana Milicic, Milos Velinovic, Radmila Karan and Sanja Simic-Ogrizovic
risk scores ( 5 , 6 , 7 ) are focused on predicting severe CSA-AKI requiring dialysis although mild CSA-AKI is far more likely to occur ( 3 ). The only scoring system designed to predict all stage CSA-AKI is Leicester Cardiac Surgery Research AKI Risk Score ( 8 ) but it still needs an external validation. It is very important to acknowledge that CSA-AKI could also occur in patients that are assessed as lowrisk by available scores.
Novel biomarkers such as NeutrophilGelatinase-AssociatedLipocalin (NGAL) and Kidney Injury Molecule-1 (KIM-1) have been studied as
Emma Aitken, Alex Vesey, Julie Glen, Mark Steven and Marc Clancy
R, et al. Neutrophil gelatinaseassociated lipocalin (NGAL) as a biomarker for acute renal injury after cardiac surgery. Lancet 2005; 365(9466): 1231-1238.
5. Makris K, Markou N, Evodia E, et al. Urinary neutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalin (NGAL) as an eary marker of acute kidney injury in critically ill multiple trauma patients. Clin Chem Lab Med 2009; 47(1): 79-82.
1. Fodor R, Grigorescu B, veres M, et al. Plasma neutrophilGelatinaseAssociatedLipocalin (NGAL) - Early Biomarker for Acute Kidney Injury in Critically Ill Patients. J Crit Care Med. 2015;4:154-61.
2. Fuernau G, Poenisch C, Eitel I, et al. Prognostic impact of established and novel renal function biomarkers in myocardial infarction with cardiogenic shock: A biomarker substudy of the IABP-SHOCK II-trial. Int J Cardiol. 2015;191:159-66.
3. Torregrosa I, Montoliu C, Urios A, et al. Urinary KIM-1, NGAL
G. Nikolov, M. Boncheva, T. Gruev, K. T. Trajkovska and I. Kostovska
, 2003, 14, No. 8, 2178-2187.
13. Bolignano D, Coppolino G, Lacquaniti A, Buemi M. From kidney to cardiovascular diseases: NGAL as a biomarker beyond the confines of nephrology. European Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2010, 40, No. 3, 273-276.
14. Mori K, Lee HT, Rapoport D et al. Endocytic delivery of lipocalin-siderophore-iron complex rescues the kidney from ischemia-reperfusion injury. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2005, 115, No. 3, 610-621.
15. Mishra J, Qing MA, Prada A et al. Identification of neutrophilgelatinase-associatedlipocalin