, cytotoxicity, and genotoxicity of poly(methylmethacrylate)/nanohydroxyapatite nanocomposites synthesized by melt blending method. International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials. 67(6) 2018 351-360.
10. Diken, M.E., Doğan, S., Turhan, Y., Doğan, M. Biological properties of PMMA/nHAp and PMMA/3-APT-nHAp nanocomposites. International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials. 67(13) (2018), 783–791.
11. Yoshida, A., Miyazaki, T., Ishida, E., Ashizuka, M. Preparation of bioactive chitosan-hydroxyapatite nanocomposites for bone
Rajeev Arora, Anupam Srivastav, Utam Kumar Mandal and Pankaj Sharma
for developing a composite which distinguish itself from other composites like PMMA 23 and polyethylene oxide 24 .
In the present study, we have synthesized the nanocomposite of nano-TiO 2 and PANI which then was loaded in polyvinyl alcohol matrix. We have studied different weight percentage loading ratios, i.e. from 20 wt.% to 40 wt.% by the morphological and electrical analysis.
The chemicals: aniline (Emerck), polyvinyl alcohol (Emerck), titanium dioxide 50 nm (SRL), HCl (Emerck), ammonium peroxodisulfate (Emerck) used
Qijie Xu, Fangfei Chen, Xiaohong Li and Zhijun Zhang
mechanical comparative study of in situ polymerized and melt-blended nylon 6 nanocomposites, Polymer , 46 (23): 10405-10418. DOI: 10.1016/j.polymer.2005.08.043.
4. Li, Y., Yu, J. & Guo, Z. X. (2002). The influence of silane treatment on nylon 6/nano-SiO 2 in situ polymerization, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 84: 827-834. DOI: 10.1002/app.10349.
5. Zhao, C.X., Zhang, P. & Lu, R., et al. (2007). Preparation of PA6/SiO 2 nanocomposite by in situ polymerization, Polym. Mater. Sci. & Eng., 23 (1): 218-221. DOI: 10.3969/j.issn.1000
B. K. Kizilduman, M. Alkan, M. Doğan and Y. Turhan
1. Olad A., Polymer/Clay Nanocomposites. Advances in Diverse Industrial Applications of Nanocomposites. 2011, 114.
2. Ge Z., Li D., Pinnavaia T.J., Preparation of alumina-pillared montmorillonites with high thermal stability, regular microporosity and Lewis/Brönsted acidity. Microporous Mater. 1994, 3, 165.
3. Tsai T.Y., Lin M. J., Chang C. W., Li C.C., Morphology and properties of poly(methyl methacrylate)/clay nanocomposites by in-situ solution polymerization. J. Phys. Chem. Solids. 2010, 71, 590.
4. Valandro S.R., Lombardo P
Mohammad Hassan Omidi, Mahboobeh Alibeygi, Farideh Piri and Mohammad Masoudifarid
Recently, inorganic-polymer composites have been studied widely because of their particular applications and properties [ 1 , 2 ]. One of attractive nanocomposites is magnetite/polymer nanocomposite [ 3 ]. The iron oxide nanoparticles dispersed in the polymer matrix are used as superparamagnetic material. Because of the their magnetic properties the composites are used in many biomedical fields, such as drug delivery systems [ 4 , 5 ], cell separation [ 6 ], cancer hyperthermia [ 7 ], magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) contrast agents [ 8
P. T. Beyli, M. Doğan, Z. Gündüz, M. Alkan and Y. Turhan
1. Thomas V., Yallapu M.M., Sreedhar B., Bajpai S.K., A versatile strategy to fabricate hydrogel–silver nanocomposites and investigation of their antimicrobial activity. J. Colloid. Interface Sci., 315 (2007), 389–395.
2. Turhan Y., Alp Z.G., Alkan M., Doğan M., Preparation and characterization of poly(vinylalcohol)/modified bentonite nanocomposites. Microporous and Mesoporous Mater., 174 (2013), 144–153.
3. Hojjati B., Sui R., Charpentier P.A., Synthesis of TiO 2 /PAA nanocomposite by RAFT polymerization. Polymer, 48 (2007), 5850
). Adsorption Kinetics of Acid Dye Acid Red 88 onto Magnetic Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes-Fe 3 C Nanocomposite. Clean-Soil, Air, Water . In press. DOI: 10.1002/clen.201200458.
23. Chairat, M., Rattanaphani, S. & Bremner, J.B., Rattanaphani, V. (2008). Adsorption kinetic study of lac dyeing on cotton. Dyes Pigm. 76, 435–439. DOI: 10.1016/j.dyepig.2006.09.008.
24. Kumar, P.S. & Kirthika, K. (2009). Equilibrium and kinetic study of adsorption of nickel from aqueous solution onto bael tree leaf powder. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. 4(4), 351–363.
25. Ai, L., Zhou, Y. & Jiang
Hadi Eftekhari, Alireza Jahandideh, Ahmad Asghari, Abolfazl Akbarzadeh and Saeed Hesaraki
). This highly biocompatible polymer is degraded to innocuous byproducts which are metabolised via the tricarboxylic acid cycle. The aim of this study was to evaluate nanocomposite PCL in comparison with TCP in bone healing.
Material and Methods
This investigation was approved by the Committee of Ethics in Research with animals at the Islamic Azad University. The study was designed to minimise the number of animals required for the experiments.
Synthesis of calcium phosphate powders . The synthesis of calcium phosphate (CaP) powders was carried out by the sol
). Enhanced adsorption of Congo red from aqueous solutions by chitosan hydrogel beads impregnated with cetyl trimethyl ammonium bromide. Bioresour. Technol. 100, 2803-2809. DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2008.12.035.
26. Pourjavadi, A., Hosseini, S.H., Seidi, F. & Soleyman, R. (2012). Magnetic removal of crystal violet from aqueous solutions using polysaccharide-based magnetic nanocomposite hydrogels. Polym. Int. 62, 1038-1044. DOI: 10.1002/pi.4389.
27. Li, S. (2010). Removal of crystal violet from aqueous solution by sorption into semi