M Krivosova, P Kusnir, M Kertys, M Mestanik, I Tonhajzerova, I Hrtanek, I Ondrejka and J. Mokry
disorder undergoing no pharmacological therapy. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2015;11:2253-8.
15. Demircan F, Gözel N, Kılınç F, Ulu R, Atmaca M. The Impact of Red Blood Cell Distribution Width and Neutrophil/Lymphocyte Ratio on the Diagnosis of MajorDepressiveDisorder. Neurol Ther. 2016;5(1):27-33.
16. Balta S, Demırkol S, Kucuk U. The platelet lymphocyte ratio may be useful inflammatory indicator in clinical practice. Hemodial Int. 2013;17(4):668-9.
17. Mazza MG, Lucchi S, Tringali AGM, Rossetti A, Botti ER, Clerici M. Neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio and
Benjamard Thaweethee, Sirijit Suttajit, Samur Thanoi, Caroline F. Dalton, Gavin P. Reynolds and Sutisa Nudmamud-Thanoi
Majordepressivedisorder (MDD) or major depression is a common psychiatric disorder in the general population [ 1 ]. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), MDD affects more than 350 million people worldwide. Moreover, the Burden of Disease (BOD) Research Program in 2013 revealed that a Thai population of around 1.5 million people
suffered from depression [ 2 ]. Psychiatric disorders, especially MDD, have been strongly linked to suicide and suicide attempts [ 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 ]. A metaanalysis has found that approximately 90% of the people who
B Zalar, A Blatnik, A Maver, Z Klemenc-Ketiš and B Peterlin
depressivedisorder (MDD) is a field of study that has baffled many researchers; while it has shown great promise, it has actually yielded very few tangible results. Majordepressivedisorder has long been known to be moderately heritable. Twin studies have repeatedly shown the heritability of major depression to be about 37.0-38.0% [ 2 , 3 ]. Different approaches to studying the genetics of MDD have so far been consistent only in their inconsistency; linkage studies, candidate gene approaches, studies of gene-environment interaction, and more recent genome
Tewin Tencomnao, Thapanut Sritharathikhun and Sarawut Suttirat
depression? J Affect Disord. 2003; 77: 273-5.
13. Nobile M, Cataldo MG, Giorda R, Battaglia M, Baschirotto C, Bellina M, et al. A case-control and family-based association study of the 5-HTTLPR in pediatric-onset depressive disorders. Biol Psychiatry. 2004; 56:292-5.
14. Hoefgen B, Schulze TG, Ohlraun S, von Widdern O, Höfels S, Gross M, et al. The power of sample size and homogenous sampling: association between the 5-HTTLPR serotonin transporter polymorphism and majordepressivedisorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2005; 57
Th Moica, I Gabos Grecu, Marieta Gabos Grecu, Melinda Ferencz, Elena Gabriela Buicu, Andreea Sălcudean and C Gabos Grecu
1. Mueller TI, Leon AC, Keller MB, et al. Recurrence after recovery from MajorDepressiveDisorder during 15 years of observational follow-up. Am J Psychiatry. 1999;156:1000-6.
2. Trivedi MH, Rush AJ, Wisniewski SR, et al. Evaluation of outcomes with citalopram for depression using measurement-based care in STAR*D: Implications for clinical practice. Am J Psychiatry. 2006;163:28-40.
3. Bauer M, Bschor T, Pfennig A, et al. World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry (WFSBP) Guidelines for
Lay-Hoong Lian, Ai-Chin Loke, Nor Z Zainal and Zahurin Mohamed
. Psychiatr Genet. 2005; 15:7-11.
12. Hong CJ, Tsai SJ, Wang YC. Association between tryptophan hydroxylase gene polymorphism (A218C) and schizophrenic disorders. Schizophr Res. 2001; 49: 59-63.
13. Tan EC, Chan AO, Tan CH, Mahendran R, Wang A, Chua HC. Case-control and linkage disequilibrium studies of the tryptophan hydroxylase gene polymorphisms and majordepressivedisorder. Psychiatr Genet. 2003; 13:151-4.
14. Bellivier F, Leboyer M, Courtet P, Buresi C, Beaufils B, Samolyk D, et al. Association between the tryptophan
Vineta Viktorija Vinogradova, Jeļena Vrubļevska and Elmārs Rancāns
-vignette survey. PLoS ONE , 7 (12), e52429.
Greenberg, P. E., Fournier, A.-A., Sisitsky, T., Pike, C. T., Kessler, R. C. (2015). The Economic burden of adults with majordepressivedisorder in the United States (2005 and 2010). J. Clin. Psychiatry, 76 (2), 155–162.
Hall, J. A., Irish, J. T., Roter, D. L., Ehrlich, C. M., Miller, L. H. (1994). Gender in medical encounters: An analysis of physician and patient communication in a primary care setting. Health Psychology , 13 (5), 384–392.
Honigfeld, L., Macary, S. J., Grasso, D. J. (2017). A clinical
1. Alvarez E, Perez V, Artigas F. Pharmacology and clinical potential of vortioxetine in the treatment of majordepressivedisorder. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. 2014; 10: 1297-1307.
2. Andrade L, Caraveo-Anduaga JJ, Berglund P et al. The epidemiology of major depressive episodes: results from the International Consortium of Psychiatric Epidemiology (ICPE) Surveys. Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2003; 12 (3): 165.
3. Farsky I, Smetanka A, Dubinska S. Spirituality of patients with selected psychiatric disorders
Theodor Moica, Iosif Gabos Grecu, Gabriela Elena Buicu, Melinda Ferencz, Marieta Gabos Grecu, Andreea Sălcudean and Cosmin Octavian Popa
volume in MDD. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. 2012;3(1).
12. Dedovic KEV, Duchesne A, Lue S, et al. Cortisol awakening response and hippocampal volume: vulnerability for majordepressivedisorder? Biol Psychiatry. 2010;68(9):847-53.
13. Holsboer F. Redesigning antidepressant drug discovery. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2014;16(1):5-7.
14. Mossner R, Mikova O, Koutsilieri E, et al. Consensus paper of the WFSBP Task Force on Biological Markers: biological markers in depression. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2007
M. Oppa, I. Ondrejka, D. Cesnekova, I. Tonhajzerova and G. Nosalova
 Alvarez E, Perez V, Artigas F. Pharmacology and clinical potential of vortioxetine in the treatment of majordepressivedisorder. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. 2014;10:1297–1307.
 Farsky I, Smetanka A, Dubinska S. Spiritualita pacientov s vybranymi psychiatrickymi diagnozami. Osetrovatelstvi a porodni asistence. 2012;3(3):433–441.
 Nemeroff CB. Prevalence and management of treatment resistant depression. J Clin Psychiatry. 2007;68(Suppl 8):17–25.
 Serreti A, Chiesa A. Treatment-emergent sexual dysfunction