Anonymous (2007). ACOG Committee Opinion No. 381. Subclinical hypothyroidism in pregnancy. Obstetr. Gynecol. , 110 , 959–960.
Anonymous (2008). Assessment of iodinedeficiency disorders and monitoring their elimination. A guide for programme managers. Third edition. World Health Organization, UNICEF, ICCIDD. Available from: http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/micronutrients/iodine_deficiency/9789241595827/en/ (accessed 15 May 2016).
Anonymous (2014). Sodium intake for adults and children. WHO. Available from: http
, Eber O, Ott W, Peter F, Podoba J, Simescu M, Szybinski Z, Vertongen F, Vitti P, Wiersinga W, Zamrazil V. Thyroid volume and urinary iodine in European schoolchildren: standardization of values for assessment of iodinedeficiency. Eur. J. Endocrinol 136, 180–187, 1997.
Ermans AM. Etiopathogenesis of Endemic Goiter. In: Endemic Goiter and Endemic Cretinism (Eds: Stanbury JB, Hetzel BS), pp 287–301, J Wiley, New York, 1980.
Hynes KL, Otahal P, Hay I, Burgess JR. Mild IodineDeficiency During Pregnancy Is Associated With Reduced Educational Outcomes in the
Anonymous (2008). Sustainable Elimination of IodineDeficiency . UNICEF. 43 pp.
Anonymous (EFSA) (2014). Scientific opinion on dietary reference values for iodine. EFSA J ., 12 (5), 3660.
Charlton, K., Yeatman, H., Lucas, C., Axford, S., Gemming, L., Houweling, F., Goodfellow, A., Ma, G. (2012). Poor knowledge and practices related to iodine mutrition during pregnancy and lactation in Australian women: Preand post-iodine fortification. Nutrients , 4 , 1317–1327.
Girma, M., Loha, E., Bogale, A., Teyikie, N., Abuye, C
Allen, L., de Benoist, B., Dary, O., Hurrell, R. (eds.). (2006). Guidelines on Food Fortification with Micronutrients. World Health Organization and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (WHO/FAO). 341 pp.
Anonymous (2014). Sodium intake for adults and children. WHO. Available from: http://www.who.int/nutrition/publications/guidelines/sodium_intake/en/ (accessed 2016 April 18).
Bath, S. C., Walter, A., Taylor, A. (2014). Iodinedeficiency in pregnant women living in the South East of the UK: The influence of diet
1. de Benoist B, Andersson M, Takkouche B, Egli I. Prevalence of iodinedeficiency worldwide. Lancet 2003; 362: 1859–60.
2. World Health Organization, United Nations Children’s Fund, International Council for Control of IodineDeficiency Disorders. Assessment of iodinedeficiency disorders and monitoring their elimination. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2001.
3. World Health Organization. Iodine status worldwide. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2004.
4. World Health Organization, United Children’s Fund. International
1. Disorders ICfCoID, UNICEF, Organization WH. Assessment of iodinedeficiency disorders and monitoring their elimination: a guide for programme managers. 3rd ed: World Health Organization; 2007.
2. Zoeller RT. Transplacental thyroxine and fetal brain development. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:954.
3. DeMaeyer E, Lowenstein FW, Thilly C, Organization WH. The control of endemic goitre: World Health Organization; 1979.
4. Sullivan KM, May W, Nordenberg D, Houston R, Maberly GF. Use of thyroid
Margareta Dobrenic, Drazen Huic, Marijan Zuvic, Darko Grosev, Ratimir Petrovic and Tatjana Samardzic
-Rutten C, Goslings BM, Stokkel MP, Pereira Arias AM, Diamant M, et al. Effects of low-iodide diet on post surgical radioiodide ablation therapy in patients with differentiated thyroid carcinoma. Clin Endocrinol 2003; 58: 428-35.
Tomoda C, Uruno T, Takamura Y, Ito Y, Miya A, Kobayashi K, et al. Reevaluation of stringent low iodine diet in outpatient preparation of radioiodine examination and therapy. Endocr J 2005; 52: 237-40.
WHO, UNICEF, ICCIDD. Assessment of the IodineDeficiency Disorders and Monitoring
1. Zaletel K, Gaberšček S. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis: from genes to the disease. Curr Genomics 2011;12:576-88. doi: 10.2174/138920211798120763
2. Laurberg P, Cerqueira C, Ovesen L, Rasmussen LB, Perrild H, Andersen S, Pedersen IB, Carlé A. Iodine intake as a determinant of thyroid disorders in populations. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010;24:13-27. doi: 10.1016/j.beem.2009.08.013
3. Zimmermann MB. Iodine requirements and the risks and benefits of correcting iodinedeficiency in populations. J Trace Elem Med Biol 2008
Bogdan Śliwiński, Franciszek Brzóska and Zbigniew Szybiński
Anke M., Groppel B., Bauch K.H. (1993). Iodine in the food chain. In: Iodinedeficiency in Europe, Delange F. (ed.). Plenum Press, New York, USA, pp. 151-157.
Bader N., M öller U., Franke K., Jahreis G. (2005). Tendency of increasing iodine content in human milk and cow’s milk. Exp. Clin. Endocrinol. Diabetes, 113: 8-12.
Berg J.N., Padgitt D. (1985). Iodine concentration in milk from iodophor teat dips. J. Dairy Sci., 68: 457-461.
Bobek S., Ko łczak T. (1960). Adaptation of the
,000 neonates. Horm Res. 2004; 62(1): 79-83.
18. Karanfilski B, Bogdanova V, Vaskova O, Loparska S, Miceva S, Sestakov G, et al. Correction of iodinedeficiency in Macedonia. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 16(7):1041-1045.
19. Dunn J. Macedonia is declared Iodine Sufficient. IDD Newslett. 2004; 20: 16-17.
20. Delange F. Neonatal screening for congenital hypothyroidism: results and perspectives. Horm Res. 1997; 48(2): 51-61.
21. Delange F. Neonatal thyroid screening as a monitoring tool for the control of