.J. & Cheng, A. (2007). Characterization of halophsosphate phosphor powders recovered from the spent fluorescent lamps. J. Environ. Eng. Manage. 17(6), 435-439.
14. Jiang, Y., Shibayama, A., Liu, K. & Fujita, T. (2005). A hydrometallurgicalprocess for extraction of lanthanum, yttrium and gadolinium from spent optical glass. Hydrometallurgy 76, 1-9. DOI: 10.1016/j.hydromet.2004.06.010.
15. Sayilgan, E., Kukrer, T., Civelekoglu, G., Ferella, F., Akcil, A., Veglio, F. & Kitis, M. (2009). A review of technologies for the recovery of metals from
Tomasz Smoliński, Marcin Rogowski, Marcin Brykała, Marta Pyszynska and Andrzej G. Chmielewski
Scientifi c objective of this work was elaboration of radiometric method for the development of hydrometallurgical process for recovery of Cu from the copper ore. A neutron activation analysis (NAA) was identifi ed as a very convenient tool for the process investigation. The samples of copper ore were activated in a nuclear reactor. The parameters of the neutron activation were calculated. Radioisotope 64Cu was selected as an optimal tracer, and it was used for the investigation of the leaching process. During the experiments, various processes applying leaching media such as sulphuric acid, nitric acid, and organic acids were investigated. The recovery of the metals using sulphuric acid was insuffi cient, around 10%. Investigated organic media also did not meet expectations. The best results were obtained in experiments with nitric acid. Up to 90% of Cu and other metals were extracted from the copper ore. Copper concentration calculations obtained by NAA were confi rmed by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) technique. Both techniques gave comparable results, but the advantage of the NAA is a possibility for easy online measurements without shutting down or disturbing the system.
Marcin Rogowski, Tomasz Smoliński, Marta Pyszynska, Marcin Brykała and Andrzej G. Chmielewski
neutron activation analysis. In K. Marinova, V. P. Perelygin, & P. Vater (Eds.), Radionuclides and heavy metals in environment (Vol. 5, pp. 245-257). (NATO Science Series, IV: Earth and Environmental Series). Dordrecht: Springer.
22. Iller, E., & Thýn, J. (1994). Metody radioznacznikowe w praktyce przemysłowej. Warszawa: WNT.
23. Smoliński, T., Rogowski, M., Brykała, M., Pyszynska, M., & Chmielewski, A. G. (2018). Studies on hydrometallurgicalprocesses using nuclear techniques to be applied in copper industry. I. Application of 64Cu
Extraction of Lanthanides by Solvent Extraction using Cyanex 272: Analysis, Classification and Mechanism. Separation and Purification Technology, 83, pp. 82-90.
Xie, F.; Zhang, T.A.; Dreisinger, D.; Doyle, F. (2014). A Critical Review on Solvent Extraction of Rare Earths from Aqueous Solutions. Minerals Engineering, 56, pp. 10-28.
Zhang, P., Yokoyama, T., Itabashi, O., Wakui, Y., Suzuki, T.M., Inoue, K. (1998). HydrometallurgicalProcess for Recovery of Metal Values from Spent Nickel-Metal Hydride Secondary Batteries. Hydrometallurgy, 50, pp. 61-75.
metallurgical and industrial wastes", 16-18 May, 89-95, AGH Faculty of Non-ferrous, 89-95 (in Polish).
Łętowski, F, (1975). Basic of hydrometallurgy. WNT Warszawa (in Polish).
Dutrizac, J.E, (1984). The behavior of impurities during jarosite precipitation, Ed. Bautista R. G. "Hydrometallurgicalprocess fundamentals" Part I, Plenum Press, New York and London, 125-169.
Peter Fečko, Vojtěch Zechner, Michal Guziurek, Barbora Lyčková and Eva Pertile
ferrooxidans in HydrometallurgicalProcesses. In : GHOSE, T.K. AND FIECHTER, A. AND BLAKEBROUGH, N. (Eds.) Advances in Biochemical Engineering. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin, 1977, 1-37.
ZÁVADA, J., BOUCHAL, T.: Chemické metody zpracování nerostných surovin a odpadů, VŠB - TUO, Ostrava, 2010, 99 pp.
metals from waste cathodic material of lithium ion batteries using Cyanex 272. Sep. Purif. Technol. 78, 345-351. DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2010.12.024.
10. Sun, L. & Qiu, K. (2011). Vacuum pyrolysis and hydrometallurgicalprocess for the recovery of valuable metals from spent lithium ion batteries. J. Hazard. Mater. 194, 378-384. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2011.07.114.
11. Swain, B., Jeong, J., Lee, J., Lee, G.H. & Sohn, J. (2007). Hydrometallurgicalprocess for recovery of cobalt from waste cathodic active material generated during
Circuits by Hydrothermal Processing. J. Miner. Met. Mat. Soc. 51 (9) 30-34.
4. Yuhu, L., Zhihong, L., Qihou, L., Zhongwei, Z., Zhiyong, L. & Zeng, L. (2011). Removal of arsenic from arsenate complex contained in secondary zinc oxide. Hydromettalurgy 108 (3-4), 165-170.
5. Shibayama, A., Takasaki, Y., William, T., Yamatodani, A., Higuchi, Y., Sinagawa, S. & Ono, E. (2010). Treatment of smelting residue for arsenic removal and recovery of copper using pyro-hydrometallurgicalprocess. J. Hazard. Mater. (180), 1016-1023. DOI: 10.1016/j
and Zn from the stream of used Ni-MH cells. Waste. Manag. 77, 213–219. DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2018.03.046.
11. Lee, C.H., Yen, H.Y., Liao, C.H., Popuri, S.R., Cadogan, E. & Hsu, C.J. (2017). Hydrometallurgicalprocessing of Nd–Fe–B magnets for Nd purification. J. Mater. Cycles. Waste. Manag. 19(1), 102–110. DOI: 10.1007/s10163-015-0382-y.
12. Önal, M.A.R., Aktan, E., Borra, C.R., Blanpain, B., Van Gerven, T. & Guo, M. (2017). Recycling of NdFeB magnets using nitration, calcination and water leaching for REE recovery. Hydrometallurgy. 167, 115–123. DOI
Jenny Halleröd, Christian Ekberg, Elin Löfström-Engdahl and Emma Aneheim
hydrometallurgicalprocesses for actinide recovery: GANEX concept. In Proceedings of GLOBAL, October 9-13, 2005. Tsukuba, Japan.
13. Carrott, M., Bell, K., Brown, J., Geist, A., Gregson, C., Héres, X., Maher, C., Malmbeck, R., Mason, C., Modolo, G., Müllich, U., Sarsfi eld, M., Wilden, A., & Taylor, R. (2014). Development of a new fl owsheet for co-separating the transuranic actinides: the “EURO-GANEX” process. Solvent Extr. Ion Exch., 32(5), 447-467.
14. Foreman, M. R. S. J., Hudson, M. J., Geist, A., Madic, C., & Weigl, M. (2005). An investigation