Gloudina M. Hon, Rajiv T. Erasmus and Tandi E. Matsha
herpesvirus-6 structure, coding content and genome evolution. Virology. 1995; 209:29-51.
11. Sanders VJ, Felisan S, Waddell A, Tourtellotte WW. Detection of herpesviridae in post-mortem multiple sclerosis brain tissue and controls by polymerase chain reaction. J Neurovirol. 1996; 2:249-58.
12. Taus C, Pucci E, Cartechini E, Fie A, Guiliani G, Clementi M, et al. Absence of HHV-6 and HHV-7 in cerebrospinal fluid in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. Acta Neurol Scand. 2000; 101:224-8.
13. Opsahl ML, Kennedy PGE. Early
Cellular Immunity in Human Herpes Viruses 6 and 7 Infected Gastrointestinal Cancer Patients
CD4+ T lymphocytes appear to be the preferential target for replication of HHV-6 (human herpes virus) as well as HHV-7 viruses in vivo. In addition, CD8+ T cells, monocytes/macrophages, natural killer cells, epithelial, endothelial, neural cells and fibroblasts may be infected. By definition, however, even a tumour designated by pathologists to be early stage may be late stage when considered by the immune system. Certainly, even early stage tumours have evaded immune control, suggesting that they have acquired many immunosuppressive characteristics. The aim of the study was to clarify the influence of beta-herpes viruses on cellular immune response. In 95 gastrointestinal cancer patients we determined the immunocompetent cell level CD3, CD4, CD8, CD19, CD38, CD95, CD25 using laser flow cytofluorimeter and B- herpes viruses HHV-6, HHV-7 presence using a nested polymerase chain reaction method. Our data showed no statistically significant difference in immunocompetent cell level between negative, latent and active HHV-6, HHV-7 infection. Patients with immunocompromised immune status (lymphopenia) had a tendency to decreased CD4+, CD19+ absolute count. It may be suggested that virus-mediated immune response inhibition seems to be similar to cancer mediated, but differences in immune response among the same group of individuals had no influence on the average number of the immunocompetent cells in the group. Therefore, to characterise host-virus-tumour interactions, individual interpretation of each case is needed.
subcellular localization in infected cells. Virology, 271 (2), 307–320.
Tejada-Simon, M. V., Zang, Y. C., Hong, J., Rivera, V. M., Zhang, J. Z. (2003). Cross-reactivity with myelin basic protein and humanherpes-virus-6 in multiple sclerosis. Ann. Neurol ., 53 (2), 189–197.
Vandamme, A. M., Fransen, K., Debaisieux, L., Marissens, D., Sprecher, S., Vaira, D., Vandenbroucke, A. T., Verhofstede, C. (1995). Standardisation of primers and an algorithm for HIV-1 diagnostic PCR evaluated in patients harbouring strains of diverse geographical origin. The Belgian
Mirjana Paravina, Dragan Jovanović, Milenko Stanojević and Ljiljana Nikolić
Blood Cancer 2007;48:555-60.
19. Guyot-Goubin A, Donadieu J, Barkaoui M, Bellec S, Th omas C, Clavel J. Descriptive epidemiology of childhood Langerhans cell histiocytosis in France 2000-2004. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2008;51:71-5.
20. Malpas JS, Norton AJ. Langerhans cell histiocytosis in the adult. Med Pediatr Oncol 1996; 27:540-6.
21. Glotzbecker MP, Carpentieri DF, Dormans JP. Langerhans cell histiocytosis: a primary viral infection of bone? Humanherpesvirus6 latent protein detected in lymphocytes from tissue of
Svetlana Čapenko, Marija Mihailova, Santa Rasa, Angelika Krūmiņa, Zane Zazerska, Ināra Logina and Modra Murovska
review of the association of cytokines with fibromyalgia and fibromyalgia core symptoms. Biol. Res. Nurs., 11 (4), 387-394.
Mohammad, A., Carey, J. J., Storan, E., Scarry, M., Coughlan, R. J., Lee, J. M. (2012). Prevalence of fibromyalgia among patients with chronic hepatitis C infection: Relationship to viral characteristics and quality of life. J. Clin. Gastroenterol., 46 (5), 407-412.
Niehusmann, P., Mittelstaedt, T., Bien, C. G., Drexler, J. F., Grote, A., Schoch, S., Becker, A. (2010). Presence of humanherpesvirus6 DNA
test mainly during neutropenia or on the basis of clinically driven indications.
Viral infections : They were classified as episodic (diagnosed on the basis of clinical manifestation and supplemented with appropriate tests) or latent (requiring monitoring at the molecular level) [ 6 , 7 , 8 ]. Following latent viruses were included in the analysis: cytomegalovirus (CMV); Epstein-Barr virus (EBV); varicella-zoster virus (VZV); humanherpesvirus6 (HHV6); polyoma BK virus (BKV); and episodic viruses as follows: influenza (FLU), CARV (community-acquired respiratory