, Ghoneim MAM . A possible inhibitory effect of Physalis (physalis pubescens L.) on diabetes in male rats. World Appl Sci J 21(5): 681–688, 2013.
14. Sathyadevi M, Suchithra ER, Subramanian S . Physalis peruviana Linn. fruit extract improves insulin sensitivity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in high-fatdiet low dose STZ-induced type 2 diabetic rats. J Pharm Res 8(4): 625–632, 2014.
15. Al-Olayan EM, El-Khadragy MF, Aref AM, Othman MS, Kassab RB, Abdel Moneim AE . The potential protective effect of physalis peruviana L. against carbon tetrachloride
Mehrdad Ghorbanlou, Somaye Rostamkhani, Saeed Shokri, Sanaz Mahmazi, Ramazan Fallah, Fateme Moradi and Reza Nejatbakhsh
Aoki F, Honda S, Kishida H, Kitano M, Arai N, Tanaka H, Yokota S, Nakagawa K, Asakura T, Nakai Y, Mae T. Suppression by licorice flavonoids of abdominal fat accumulation and body weight gain in high-fatdiet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71, 206–214, 2007.
Armanini D, Bonanni G, Palermo M. Reduction of serum testosterone in men by licorice. N Engl J Med 341, 1158, 1999.
Bakos HW, Henshaw RC, Mitchell M, Lane M. Paternal body mass index is associated with decreased blastocyst development and reduced live birth
16. Tamashiro KLK, Terrillion CE, Hyun J, Koenig JI, Moran TH. Prenatal stress or high-fatdiet increases susceptibility to diet-induced obesity in rat offspring. Diabetes. 2009, 58:1116-1125.
17. Chajes V, Joulin V, Clavel-Chapelon F. The fatty acid desaturation index of blood lipids, as biomarker of hepatic stearoyl-CoA desaturase expression, is predictive factor of breast cancer risk. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2011,22:6-10.
18. Warensjo E, Rosell M, Hellenius ML, Vessby B, De Faire U, Riserus U. Associations between estimated fatty acid
Heba A. Abdel-Hamid, Mona M. I. Abdalla, Nagwa M. Zenhom and Rasha F. Ahmed
Obes Metab Res 1, 30–38, 2014.
Gutierrez-Rodelo C, Roura-Guiberna A, Olivares-Reyes JA. Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance: An update. Gac Med Mex 153, 197–209, 2017.
Hassan AM, Ibrahim MY, Ibrahim HM, Ragy MM, Ali H. Effect of peptide tyrosine tyrosine (PYY3–36) on highfatdiet induced obesity and its metabolic hazards in adult albino rats. MJMR 26, 1–14, 2015.
Hassan AM, Jain P, Mayerhofer R, Frohlich EE, Farzi A, Reichmann F, Herzog H, Holzer P. Visceral hyperalgesia caused by peptide YY deletion and Y2 receptor antagonism. Sci Rep 7
Marta Skowron, Jolanta Zalejska-Fiolka, Urszula Błaszczyk, Ewa Chwalińska, Aleksander Owczarek and Ewa Birkner
The proper amount and form (raw/non-oxidised) of vegetable oils with an optimal ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acids are essential aspects of a well-balanced diet and factors for the sufficient development of an organism. However, consumption of excessive amounts of fats (even vegetable) in either non-oxidised or oxidised form in a high-fatdiet (HFD) may be an oxidative stress inductor, which in turn may damage proteins, lipids, and carbohydrates and causes many diseases ( 2 , 10 , 20 ). Nevertheless, due to different amounts of unsaturated
Nemanja Jovicic, Ilija Jeftic, Marina Miletic Kovacevic, Irena Tanaskovic, Nebojsa Arsenijevic, Miodrag L. Lukic and Nada Pejnovic
2 enhances high - fatdiet -induced visceral adiposity and inflammation in BALB/c mice [Delecija gena za ST2 promoviše gojaznost i inflamaciju u visceralnom adipoznom tkivu BALB/c miševa na dijeti sa visokim sadržajem masti]. Serb J Exp Clin Res 2013; 14(4): 155 -160.
25. Donnelly KL, Smith CI, Schwarzenberg SJ, Jessurun J, Boldt MD, Parks EJ. Sources of fatty acids stored in liver and secreted via lipoproteins in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. J Clin Invest. 2005;115(5):1343-51.
26. Langin D. Adipose tissue lipolysis as a metabolic
Barbara Stawiarska-Pięta, Jolanta Zalejska-Fiolka, Magdalena Wyszyńska, Anna Kleczka, Beata Janiga, Natalia Grzegorzak and Ewa Birkner
disease. Curr Opin Lipidol 2003, 13, 19–24.
6. Fiedurek J.: The role of food and nutrition in prophylaxis and therapy of human diseases. Edition of University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska, Lublin, 2007, pp. 46–47.
7. Garnol T., Endlicher R., Kucera O., Drahota Z., Cervinkova Z.: Impairment of mitochondrial function of rat hepatocytes by highfatdiet and oxidative stress. Physiol Res 2014, 63, 271–274.
8. Haliga R.E., Mocanu V., Badescu M.: Antioxidative and antiatherogenic effects of flaxseed, α-tocopherol and their combination in diabetic hamsters fed
Ilija Jeftic, Marina Miletic-Kovacevic, Nemanja Jovicic, Jelena Pantic, Nebojsa Arsenijevic, Miodrag L. Lukic and Nada Pejnovic
accelerates high-fatdiet induced obesity and amplifies inflammation in adipose tissue and pancreatic islets. Diabetes 2013,62:1932-44.
19. Weigert J, Neumeier M, Wanninger J, Bauer S, Farkas S, Scherer MN et al. Serum galectin-3 is elevated in obesity and negatively correlates with glycosylated hemoglobin in type 2 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010:95:1404-11
20. Rhodes DH, Pini M, Castellanos KJ, Montero-Melendez T, Cooper D, Perretti M et al. Adipose tissue-speific modulation of galectin expression in lean and obese mice: evidence for regulatory function