aduncus s.l. does not support recognition of more than one species in Europe. J. Bryol. 30 : 108-120.
Hedenäs L. 2009a. Haplotype variation of relevance to global and European phylogeography in Sarmentypnum exannulatum (Bryophyta: Calliergonaceae). J. Bryol. 31 : 145-158.
Hedenäs L. 2009b. Relationships among Arctic and non-Arctic haplotypes of the moss species Scorpidium cossonii and Scorpidium scorpioides (Calliergonaceae). Plant Syst. Evol. 277 : 217-231.
Hedenäs L. 2011. Incongruence among morphological
Barbara Faganel Kotnik, Janez Jazbec, Petra Bohanec Grabar, Cristina Rodriguez-Antona and Vita Dolzan
Inter-individual variability in treatment responses and treatment related toxicities is an important issue in clinical practice. It can lead to therapeutic failures or adverse drug events (ADE). Identification and characterization of genetic polymorphisms and haplotypes involved in drug metabolism, transport and mechanism of action would provide important information about individual inherited differences in drug metabolism and treatment response in order to optimize treatment outcome. 1
The solute carrier 19A1 ( SLC19A1 ), trivially referred
Š Stangler Herodež, B Zagradišnik, A Erjavec Škerget, A Zagorac, I Takač, V Vlaisavljević, L Lokar and N Kokalj Vokač
thrombophilia in woman with repeated IVF failures. Hum Reprod. 2004; 19(2): 368-370.
21. Qublan HS, Eid SS, Ababnneh HA, Amarin ZO, Smadi AZ, Al-Khafaji FF, et al. Acquired and inherited thrombophilia: implication in recurent IVF and embryo transfer failure. Hum Reprod. 2006; 21(10): 2694-2698.
22. Ogino S, Wilson RB. Genotype and haplotype distributions of MTHFR 677C>T and 298A>C single nucleotide polymorphisms: a meta-analysis. J Hum Genet. 2003; 48(1): 1-7.
23. Miller SA, Dykes DD, Polesky HF. A simple salting out
Type 2 diabetes (T2D) is a chronic disorder with different genetics and environmental factors. It is one of growing diseases in the world. Previous studies show association between Transcription Factor 7 Like2 (TCF7L2) and T2D. The current study set to evaluate the relation between TCF7L2 polymorphisms and T2D in Southeast Iran. The present case-control study was done on 250 T2D and 250 healthy controls (HCs). For genotyping polymorphisms TCF7L2 (rs11196205) and (rs4132670) Amplification-Refractory Mutation System-Polymers Chain Reaction (ARMS-PCR) was used. The results showed frequency rates of GC and CC genotypes increased in patients compared to controls (31% vs. 6% and 55% vs. 8%, respectively), showing a statistically significant difference (OR=2.67(1.37-5.21), P<0.05 and OR=3.31(1.92-5.71), P< 0.05, respectively). The C allele was associated with an increased risk of T2D, with the frequency of 28% and 11% in patients and controls, respectively (OR=3.11 (2.22-4.37), P< 0.05). Another Polymorphism of this gene TCF7L2 (rs4132670) was not associated with T2D. Furthermore, the haplotype analysis revealed that rs11196205C/rs4132670C and rs11196205C/rs4132670T are risk factors against T2D (OR=2.08 (1.49-2.86, P<0.05 and OR=1.72 (1.06-2.78) P<0.05, respectively). The findings demonstrated that TCF7L2 (rs11196205) genotypes GC, CC, and allele (C) confer risk for susceptibility to T2D.
Tran Quang Binh, Vu Thi Thu Hien, Nguyen Cong Khan, Nguyen Thi Lam, Le Bach Mai, Masayo Nakamori and Shigeru Yamamoto
polymorphisms. Gene. 2004; 338:143-56.
7. Fang Y, van Meurs JB, d’Alesio A, Jhamai M, Zhao H, Rivadeneira F, et al. Promoter and 3’-untranslatedregion haplotypes in the vitamin D receptor gene predispose to osteoporotic fracture: the Rotterdam study. Am J Hum Genet. 2005; 77:807-23.
8. Crofts LA, Hancock MS, Morrison NA, Eisman JA. Multiple promoters direct the tissue-specific expression of novel N-terminal variant human vitamin D receptor gene transcripts. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1998; 95:10529-34.
9. Zmuda JM, Cauley JA
Emir Šehović, Martin Zieger, Lemana Spahić, Damir Marjanović and Serkan Dogan
Genetics 87(3): 341-353.
Ballantyne KN, Ralf A, Aboukhalid R, Achakzai NM, Anjos MJ, Ayub Q, et al.2014. Toward Male Individualization with Rapidly Mutating Y -Chromosomal Short Tandem Repeats. Human mutation 35(8):1021-1032.
Bandelt HJ, Forster P, Röhl A. 1999. Median-joining networks for inferring intraspecific phylogenies. Molecular biology and evolution 16(1):37-48.
Barbarii LE, Burkhard R, Dan Dermengiu D. Y-chromosomal STR haplotypes in a Romanian population sample. 2003. International journal of legal medicine 117(5):312-315.
Zorica Naumovska, Aleksandra K. Nestorovska, Zoran Sterjev, Ana Filipce, Aleksandar Dimovski and Ljubica Suturkova
antiepileptic drugs. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002; 301: 7-14.
15. Wolf SJ, Bachtiar M, Wang J, Sim TS, Chong SS and Lee CGL, An update on ABCB1 pharmacogenetics: insights from a 3D model into the location and evolutionary conservation of residues corresponding to SNPs associated with drug pharmacokinetics. The Pharmacogenomics Journal. 2011; 11: 315-325.
16. Tang K, Ngoi SM, Gwee PC, Chua JM, Lee EJ, Chong SS et al. Distinct haplotype profiles and strong linkage disequilibrium at the MDR1 multidrug transporter gene locus in three ethnic Asian populations. Pharmacogenetics
coalescent and other methods. Bioinformatics , 19, 2496-2497.
Russell, J., Booth, A., Fuller, J., Harrower, B., Hedley, P., Machray, G., Powell, W. (2004). A comparison of sequence-based polymorphism and haplotype content in transcribed and anonymous regions of the barley genome. Genome , 47, 389-398.
Shen, Q. H., Zhou, F., Bieri, S., Haizel, T., Shirasu, K., Schulze-Lefert, P. (2003). Recognition specificity and RAR1/SGT1 dependence in barley Mla disease resistance genes to the powdery mildew fungus. Plant Cell
1. Rajalingam R. Human diversity of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors and disease. Korean J Hematol. 2011; 46(4): 216-228.
2. Jiang W, Johnson C, Jayaraman J, Simecek N, Noble J, Moffatt MF, et al. Copy number variation leads to considerable diversity for B but not A haplotypes of the human KIR genes encoding NK cell receptors. Genome Res. 2012; 22(10): 1845-1854.
3. Hou L, Chen M, Ng J, Hurley CK. Conserved KIR allele-level haplotypes are altered by microvariation in individuals with European