Bangalore H. Durgesh, Abdulaziz A. Alkheraif, Asmaa M. Malash, Mohamed I. Hashem, Mansour K. Assery, Mohammed Al Asmari and Pavithra Durgesh
determining the optical density of the wells and the cells were classified based on the adherence [ 9 ].
Antibiotic susceptibility testing was determined on blood agar plates by disc diffusion using the following antibiotics: penicillin, amoxicillin, clindamycin, erythromycin, tetracycline, ciprofloxacin, gentamycin, vancomycin, and teicoplanin. Minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) was determined by Ε-test against penicillin, amoxicillin, vancomycin, and teicoplanin.
Species identification was determined
from different species in the Czech Republic: capsular PCR typing, ribotyping and dermonecrotoxin production. Vet Med Czech 2005, 50 , 345-354.
17. Jamaludin R., Blackall P.J., Hansen M.F., Humphrey S., Styles M.: Phenotypic and genotypiccharacterisation of Pasteurella multocida isolated from pigs at slaughter in New Zealand. New Zeal Vet J 2005, 53 , 203-207.
18. Jong-de M.F.: Progressive and nonprogressive atrophic rhinitis, In: Straw B. E., Zimmerman J.J., Allaire S. D., Taylor D. J.: Diseases of Swine . Blackwell Publishing
Ewelina Pyzik, Agnieszka Marek and Tomasz Hauschild
The aim of the study was to provide a detailed phenotypic and genotypic characterisation of Staphylococcus aureus strains and the group of microorganisms with unusual biochemical patterns (called Staphylococcus aureus-like) isolated from table chicken eggs. All of the strains tested exhibited resistance to at least one of the 17 antibiotics tested, and 55.55% of isolates were found to be resistant to five or more of them. PCR used for detection of the methicillin resistance gene (mecA) confirmed the presence of a specific product of 533 bp in the case of two of the isolated S. aureus-like strains. Analysis of the phylogenetic relationship between eight of S. aureus and ten S. aureus-like strains distinguished 18 macrorestriction profiles following digestion with SmaI endonuclease, indicating that there were no identical strains with the same macrorestriction profile. However, the presence of methicillin-resistant strains indicates a serious risk to consumer health.
1. Bergamaschini L, Mannucci P, Federici A, et al. Post-transfusion anaphylactic reactions in a patient with severe von Willebrand disease: role of complement and alloantibodies to von Willebrand factor. J Lab Clin Med 1995; 125: 348-55.
2. James P, Lillicrap D, Mannucci P. Alloantibodies in von Willebrand disease. Blood 2013; 122: 636-40.
3. Jokela V, Lassila R, Szanto T, et al. Phenotypic and genotypiccharacterization of 10 Finnish patients with von Willebrand disease type 3: discovery of two main
Piotr Kołakowski, Richard Podolak and Marta Kowalska
, 90, 4005-4021.
Colombo E., Franzetti L., Frusca M., Scarpellini M., Phenotypic and genotypiccharacterization of lactic acid bacteria isolated from artisanal Italian goat cheese. J. Food Prot., 2010, 73, 657-662.
Colombo F., Borgo F., Fortina M.G., Genotypiccharacterization of non starter lactic acid bacteria involved in the ripening of artisanal Bitto PDO cheese. J. Basic Microbiol., 2009, 49, 521-530.
De Freitas I., Pinon N., Maubois J.L., Lortal S., Thierry A., The addition of a
., Fry, Remmel, Т., Mänd, М.. W. E.. Myers, K. L. (2010).
Phenotypic and genotypiccharacterisation of Estonian isolates of Phytophtora infestans in 2004-2007. Eur. ./. Plant Phatol., 92 (2), 375-384.
Rietman, H., Bijsterbosch, G., Cano, L. М., Lee, H-R., Vossen, J. H., Jacobsen, E., Visser, R. G. F.. Kamoun, S., Vleeshouwers, V. G. А. A. (2012). Qualitative and quantitative Late blight resistance in potato cultivar Sarpo Mira is determined by the perception of five distinct RXLR effectors. MPMI, 25 (7), 910-919.
phage resistance mechanisms. J. Dairy Sci. 84, 1610-1620.
Cotter P.D., Hill C., Ross R.P. 2003. A food-grade approach for functional analysis and modification of native plasmids in Lactococcus lactis. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 69 (1), 702-706.
de la Plaza M., Rodríguez A., Fernández de Palencia P., Martínez-Cuesta M.C., Peláez C., Requena T. 2006. Discrepancies between the phenotypic and genotypiccharacterization of Lactococcus lactis cheese isolates. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 43, 637
Hanna Różańska, Aleksandra Lewtak-Piłat and Jacek Osek
.A.: Enterococcus faecalis and Enterococcus faecium isolates from milk, beef and chicken and their antibiotic resistance. J Food Protect 2003, 6, 331-336.
4. Dicuonzo G., Gherardi G., Lorino G., Angelotti S., Battistoni F., Bertuccini R., Creti R., Di Rosa R., Venditti M., Baldassarri L.: Antibiotic resistance and genotypiccharacterization by PFGE of clinical and environmental isolates of enterococci. FEMS Microbiol Lett 2001, 201, 205-211.
5. Ducková V., Čanigová M., Kročko M., Lavová M.: Antibiotic susceptibility and biofilm-forming capacity of
Jacek Sroka, Zygmunt Giżejewski, Angelina Wójcik-Fatla, Krzysztof Stojecki, Ewa Bilska-Zając, Jacek Dutkiewicz, Tomasz Cencek, Jacek Karamon, Violetta Zając, Paweł Kusyk, Joanna Dąbrowska and Maciej Kochanowski
1. Appelbee A., Thorlakson C., Olson M.: Genotypiccharacterization of Giardia cysts isolated from wild beaver in southern Alberta, Canada. In: Giardia: The Cosmopolitan Parasite. Edited by Olson B.E., Olson M.E., Wallis P.M., CAB International, Wallingford, UK, 2002, pp. 299-300.
2. Bajer A.: Cryptosporidium and Giardia spp. infections in humans, animals and the environment in Poland. Parasitol Res 2008, 104, 1-17.
3. Bajer A., Toczylowska B., Bednarska M., Sinski E.: Effectiveness of water treatment
characterization of tetracycline-resistant Citrobacter spp. from catfish. Food Microbiol 2008, 25, 85–91.
20. Olivier K.: World trade in ornamental species. In: Marine Ornamental Species , edited by Cato J., Brown C., Blackwell Publishing, Ames Iowa, 2003, pp. 49–64.
21. Park S.B., Aoki T., Jung T.S.: Pathogenesis of and strategies for preventing Edwardsiella tarda infection in fish. Vet Res 2012, 43, 1–11.
22. Pękala A., Kozińska A., Paździor E., Głowacka H.: Phenotypical and genotypicalcharacterization of Shewanella putrefaciens strains isolated from