Ghania Tiboura, Boumediene Meghit Khaled, Mustapha Diaf, Sarah Semeria and Ghizlane Bouanani
1. Trepanowski JF, Bloomer RJ. The impact of religious fasting on human health. Nutr J 9:57, 2010.
2. Hui E, Devendra D. Diabetes and fasting during Ramadan. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 26: 606-610, 2010.
3. Benaji B, Mounib N, Roky R et al. Diabetes and Ramadan: review of the literature. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 73(2):117-125, 2006.
4. Khaled MB, Belbraouet S. Ramadan fasting diet entailed a lipid metabolic disorder among type 2 diabetic obese women. Am J Appl Sci 6: 471-477, 2009
Afifi ZEM. Daily practices, study performance and health during the Ramadan fast. JR Soc Health, 1997; 117: 231-235
Bigard AX, Boussif M, Chalabi H, Guezennec CY. Alterations in muscular performance and orthostatic tolerance during Ramadan. Aviat Space Envir Md, 1998; 69: 341-346
Bogdan A, Bouchareb B, Touitou Y. Ramadan fasting alters endocrine and neuroendocrine circadian patterns. Meal-time as a synchronizer in humans? Life Sci, 2001; 68: 1607
Marija Jovanovski-Srceva, Biljana Kuzmanovska, Maja Mojsova, Andrijan Kartalov, Mirjana Shosholcheva, Marina Temelkovska-Stevanoska, Aleksandra Gavrilovska, Sotir Stavridis, Zoran Spirovski, Borislav Kondov, Anita Kokareva, Risto Todorov and Tatjana Spirovska
. Ljunqvist O. To fast or not to fast? Metabolic preparation for elective surgery. Scandinavian Journal of Nutrition. 2004; 48(2): 77-82.
9. Ljunqvist O. Modulating postoperative insulin resistance by preoperative carbohydrate loading.Best Practice &Research Clinical Anesthesiology. 2003; 23: 401-409.
10. Faria MS, de Aguilar-Nuscimento JE, et al. Preoperative fasting of 2 hours minimizes insulin resistance and organic response to trauma after video-chole cystectomy: randomized, controlled, clinical trial. World J Surg. 2009; 33: 1158
Relevance of Ramadan
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar, referred to as the Holy Month. Fasting during Ramadan is one of the five religious duties of adult Moslems. Moslems who participate will abstain from eating, drinking and smoking during the day from sunrise to sundown. During Ramadan, all wrongdoings including self-destructive behaviour and anger towards others are prohibited. Moslems with severe diseases can refrain from fasting during Ramadan. However, it may not be clear to doctors who is fit or unfit for
Mohammad Mostakhdem Hashemi, Elahe Kosari, Azad Reza Mansourian and Abdoljalal Marjani
Background. Subclinical hypothyroidism (sHT) is a condition defined by elevated TSH values with normal levels of free thyroid hormones. Altered metabolic status is one of the consequences of sHT which can affect serum levels of FPG, lipid profile, and nitric oxide which propounds cardiovascular consequences per se. The aim of this study was to determine the possible effects of sHT on nitrite/nitrate levels, as a marker of endothelial performance.
Materials and Methods. 50 females were enrolled in this study, 25 women as control group and 25 women as case group (evaluated two times: before and after levothyroxine therapy). Blood samples were collected and levels of FPG, lipid profile components, and nitric oxide were measured spectrophotometrically. The data were analyzed using SPSS version 18 software.
Results. The levels of lipid profile (except for TG between before and after group, p < 0.05) and nitric oxide did not differ in groups while FPG was significantly higher in case groups in comparison to control group (p < 0.001). Nitric oxide had no correlations with any of variables except for LDL in after treatment group (p < 0.05 and r = 0.397).
Conclusion. Nitric oxide does not have correlation with components of lipid profile (except for LDL) or FPG and has no differences in subclinical hypothyroid patients and control group. Levothyroxine therapy during 2 months cannot alter the levels of nitric oxide in subclinical hypothyroid patients.
Amin & Jahan Corporation. (2018). Consumer behaviour, fast fashion, and sustainability . Retrieved 2019, from https://www.textiletoday.com.bd/consumer-behaviourfast-fashion-sustainability/
Boohoo. (2015). Annual report and accounts for the year ended 28 february 2015. Retrieved 2019, from http://www.boohooplc.com/~/media/Files/B/Boohoo/reportsand-presentations/annual-report-and-accounts-for-the-year-ended-28-february-2015.pdf?pdfdata=1
Boohoo. (2017). Annual report and accounts 2017. Retrieved 2019, from http
Athanassopoulos, A. D. (March 2000). Customer Satisfaction Cues To Support Market Segmentation and Explain Switching Behavior. Journal of Business Research, Volume 47 (3), 191-207.
Ayse Ozfer Ozcelik, L. S. A. a. M. S. S. (2007). An Evaluation of Fast-Food Preferences According to Gender. Humanity & Social Sciences Journal, 2 (1), 43-50.
Boukili, A. B. M. (2007-2008). Brand Management Process: How to Build, Measure and Manage Brand Equity Case study: McDonald’s, the Fast Food Super
Shan Huang, Wenfang Peng, Wensui Zhao, Bin Sun and Xiaohong Jiang
1. The prevention or delay of type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2002; 25:742-9.
2. Nathan DM, Davidson MB, DeFronzo RA, Heine RJ, Henry RR, Pratley R, et al. Impaired fasting glucose and impaired glucose tolerance: implications for care. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30:753-9.
3. Richard EP, Matfin G. Pre-diabetes: Clinical Relevence and Therapeutic Approach. Br J Diabetes Vasc Dis. 2007; 7:120-9.
4. Group TDS. Age- and sex-specific prevalences of diabetes and impaired glucose regulation in 13