Jarosława Belowska, Mariusz Panczyk, Aleksander Zarzeka and Joanna Gotlib
1. Williams AB. Praktyka pielęgniarska oparta na faktach. Sztuka Pielęgnowania. 2013;4:14-5.
2. Gajewski P, Jaeschke R, Brożek J. Podstawy EBM czyli medycyny opartej na danych naukowych dla lekarzy i studentów medycyny. Kraków: Medycyna Praktyczna; 2008.
3. Kędra E. Praktyka pielęgniarska oparta na faktach – wymóg czy konieczność? Probl Pielęg. 2011;19(3):391-5.
4. Kózka M. Zastosowanie badań naukowych w praktyce pielęgniarskiej. Pielęg Epidemiol. 2007;2/3:13-5.
5. Adams S. Barron S. Use of evidence-based practice in
Manal Hamed Mahmoud and Zizi Fikry Mohamed Abdelrasol
Nurses undertake a vital responsibility in caring for hospitalized patients, as this obedience expends nearly all time in direct patient care. Findings from numerous studies suggest that 30% to 40% of patients do not obtain care per evidence. 1 Nowadays, nursing practice requires the utilization of information on executive skills to offer best practice and high-quality patient care outcomes. 2 Nurses reported the least applications of evidence-based practices (EBPs). Enhancing nursing knowledge of and devotion to EBPs is one of the initial
Mandana Akbarinejad Mousavi, Mitra Amini, Somayeh Delavari and Ali Seifi
13. Fallon T, Strout TD. Free Open Access Medical Education (FOAM) Resources in a Team-Based Learning Educational Series. West J Emerg Med 2018;19(1):142. https://doi.org/10.5811/westjem.2017.11.35091
14. Schynoll G, Irish E, Wayne J, Smith R. Feasibility of a Comprehensive Medical Knowledge Curriculum in Internal Medicine Using Team-Based Learning. J Grad Med Educ 2018. https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-17-00465.1
15. Glasziou P, Burls A, Gilbert R. Evidencebased medicine and the medical curriculum. Br Med J
Bartlett, W. and Monastiriotis, V. (2010). South Eastern Europe after the Crisis: A new dawn or back to business as usual? London: LSE - LSEE, Research on South Eastern Europe.
Bartlett, W. (2013). Obstacles to Evidence-based Policy-making in the EU Enlargement Countries: The Case of Skills Policies. Social Policy & Administration, 47(4): 451-467. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/spol.12029.
Ben-Gera, M. (2007). The Role of Ministries in the Policy System: Policy Development, Monitoring and Evaluation. Paris
Introduction. Although European healthcare systems differ from country to country, almost all are currently going through profound changes and are becoming increasingly complex. New tasks and growing social expectations towards healthcare build high expectations of medical professionals regarding their competences. Knowledge and skills allowing for choosing the safest and most efficient option for patient care are particularly welcome. The idea of Evidence-based Nursing Practice (EBP) combines the best available research evidence on the one hand and clinical expertise and patients’ expectations on the other, allowing for solving problems in making clinical decisions. EBP is a tool used for making clinical decisions in nursing care that helps to reduce the cost of healthcare by increasing efficiency and safety. Under the Directive 2013/55/EU European Federation of Nurses Associations developed qualifications framework that provides requirements for nursing training, with the ability to apply research evidence in clinical practice being one of its key elements. Despite the aforementioned recommendations, the actual implementation of EBP into clinical practice is hindered by various obstacles. In addition, the existing European resources enhancing EBP teaching for nursing students are very limited.
Summary. The EBP e-Toolkit Project is a response to high needs of the academic world and nursing practitioners, involving six institutions whose cooperation and expertise aim to ensure the development and implementation of high-quality learning tools tailored to the educational needs of modern nursing personnel. The six higher education institutions that jointly implement the aforementioned project involve: the University of Murcia (coordinating institution, Spain), Technological Educational Institute of Crete (Greece), University of Modena e Reggio Emilia (Italy), University of Ostrava (Czech Republic), Medical University of Warsaw (Poland), and Angela Boskin Faculty of Health Care (Slovenia).
for a scientific method. Implementation Science 4 (1): 40
NREPP (2009): Prime for Life Intervention Summary. National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices, U.S.A.
Patton, M.Q. (1997): Utilization-Focused Evaluation. Newbury Park: Sage
Patton, M.Q. (2000): A vison of Evaluation that Strengthens Democracy, paper from EES conference in Lausanne October 12 th - 14th
Petrosino, A. (2003): Om och varför? Den potentiella nyttan av att inkludera
interventions and supports. Journal of Positive Behavior Interventions , 14 (2), 118–128.
Shook, A. C. (2012). A study of preservice educators’ dispositions to change behavior management strategies. Preventing School Failure , 56 (2), 129–136.
Simonsen, B., Fairbanks, S., Briesch, A., Myers, D., & Sugai, G. (2008). Evidence-based practices in classroom management: Considerations for research to practice. Education and Treatment of Children , 31 (3), 351–380.
Simonsen, B., MacSuga, A. S., Fallon, L. M., & Sugai, G. (2012). Teacher self-monitoring to increase
manage PPH. Consequently, we constructed a protocol to customize domestic conditions, on the basis of evidence-based practices and quality appraisal of recommendations. This study aimed at testifying the practicality and validity of the protocol with a two-round modified Delphi consult; thus, it can be applied in local institutions.
Delphi Technique is “a method used to obtain the most reliable consensus of a group of experts by a series of intensive questionnaires interspersed with controlled feedback.” 8 As a modified version, the draft
practice of chest tube management. Singapore Med J. 1996; 37:572-6.
5. Durai R, Hoque H, Davies TW. Managing a chest tube and drainage system. AORN J. 2010; 91:275-80; quiz 281-3.
6. Tang A, Hooper T, Hasan R. A regional survey of chest drains: evidence-based practice? Postgrad Med J. 1999; 75:471-4.
7. Bear M. Theoretical issue in measurement. In: Moody LE, eds. Advancing nursing science through research, Vol. 2. Newbury Park, Calif: Sage Publications; 1990.
8. Sullivan B. Nursing management of patients