Klaus-Dieter Kohnert, Peter Heinke, Eckhard Zander, Lutz Vogt and Eckhard Salzsieder
1. Pambianco G, Costacou T, Ellis D, Becker DJ, Klein R, Orchard TJ. The 30-year natural history of type 1 diabetes complications: the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study experience. Diabetes 55:1463-1469, 2006.
2. Turnbull FM, Abraira C, Anderson RJ et al. Intensive glucose control and macrovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia.52: 2288-2298, 2009.
3. Skyler JS, Bergenstal R, Bonow RO et al. Intensive glycemic control and the prevention of cardiovascular events
1. Haris MI, Flegal KM, Cowie CC et al. Prevalence of diabetes, impaired fasting glucose, and impaired glucose tolerance in U.S. adults: the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988-1944. Diabetes Care 21: 518-524, 1998.
2. Cowie CC, Rust KF, Byrd-Holt DD et al. Prevalence of diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in adults in the U.S. population: National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey 1999-2002. Diabetes Care 29: 1263-1268, 2006.
3. Cowie CC, Rust KF, Ford
1. Talbot F, Nouwen A. A review of the relationship between depression and diabetes in adults: is there a link? Diabetes Care 23: 1556-1562, 2000.
2. Gonzales JS, Safren SA, Delahanty LM et al. Symptoms of depression prospectively predict poorer selfcare with type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med 25: 1102-1107, 2008.
3. Fisher L, Skaff MM, Mullan JT et al. Clinical depression versus distress among patients with type 2 diabetes: not just a question of semantics. Diabetes Care 30: 542-548, 2007.
1. Steineck I, Cederholm J, Eliasson B et al. Swedish National Diabetes Register . Insulin pump therapy, multiple daily injections, and cardiovascular mortality in 18,168 people with type 1 diabetes: observational study. BMJ 350:h3234, 2015.
2. Pickup JC. Management of diabetes mellitus: is the pump mightier than the pen? Nat Rev Endocrinol 8: 425-433, 2012.
3. Thabit H, Tauschmann M, Allen JM et al. APCam Consortium. Home use of an artificial beta cell in type 1 diabetes. N Engl J Med 373: 2129-2140, 2015.
Carmen Dobjanschi and Rucsandra Dănciulescu Miulescu
1. World Health Organisation .1999. Definition, diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. WHO/NCD/NCS/99.2 ed.Geneva : World Health Organisation
2. HAPO Study Cooperative Research Group, Metzger BE, Lowe LP et al. HAPO Study Cooperative Research Group. Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcomes. N Engl J Med 358: 1991–2002, 2008.
3. Cheung NW, Oats JJ, McIntyre HD . Australian carbohydrate intolerance study in pregnant women: implications for the management of gestational diabetes. Aust N Z J
1. Festa A, Williams K, D’Agostino R Jr, Wagenknecht LE, Haffner SM. The natural course of beta-cell function in nondiabetic and diabetic individuals: the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Study. Diabetes 55: 1114-1120, 2006.
2. Funakoshi S, Fujimoto S, Hamasaki A et al. Analysis of factors influencing pancreatic beta-cell function in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes: association with body mass index and duration of diabetic exposure. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 82: 353-358, 2008.
3. Saydah SH, Fradkin J, Cowie CC. Poor
. Diabetes Educ 17: 114–118, 1991.
4. Silverstein J, Klingensmith G, Copeland K et al. Care of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: a statement of the American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care 28: 186–212, 2005.
5. Jacobson AM, Hauser ST, Lavori P et al. Family environment and glycemic control: a four-year prospective study of children and adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Psychosom Med 56: 401–409, 1994.
6. Miller-Johnson S, Emery RE, Marvin RS, Clarke W, Lovinger R, Martin M . Parent-child relationships and the
Punjabi NM. The epidemiology of adult obstructive sleep apnea. Proc Am Thorac Soc 5: 136-43, 2008.
Rees PJ, Prior JG, Cochrane GM, Clark TJ. Sleep apnoea in diabetic patients with autonomic neuropathy. J R Soc Med 74: 192-5, 1981.
Boyer S, Kapur V. Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Its Relevance in the Care of Diabetic Patients. Clinical Diabetes 20: 126-32, 2002.
Lam JC, Lam B, Lam CL, et al. Obstructive sleep apnea and the metabolic syndrome
Kateryna Posokhova, Iryna Stechyshyn, Inna Krynytska, Mariya Marushchak, Inna Birchenko and Ivan Klishch
1. Marushchak M, Lisnianska N, Krynytska I, Chornomydz I. The mechanisms of apoptosis initiation in rats with chronic enterocolitis combined with streptozotocin-induced diabetes. Georgian Med News 9(270): 125-130, 2017.
2. Posokhova KA, Stechyshyn IP, Pidhirnyy VV. Impact of quercetin substances on the state of myocardium in 2 type dіabetіs. Achievements of clinical and experimental medicine 2: 17-21, 2014.
3. Urbanovych A, Suslyk H. Prognosis of ischaemic heart disease in patients with newly
1. International Diabetes Federation . IDF Diabetes Atlas - 8th Edition. Brussels, Belgium: International Diabetes Federation. 2017. Accessed on 9th March 2019 at http://www.diabetesatlas.org .
2. Mota M, Popa SG, Mota E et al . Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and prediabetes in the adult Romanian population: PREDATORR study. J Diabetes 8(3): 336-344, 2016.
3. World Health Organization. Global tuberculosis report 2018. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization. 2018. Accessed on 9th March 2019 at https