Barbara Kłapcińska, Aleksandra Kroemeke, Magdalena Tataruch, Rafał Tataruch, Izabela Szołtysek-Bołdys, Jarosław Derejczyk, Elżbieta Kimsa and Janusz Iskra
independent coronary heart disease risk factor. Am J Cardiol , 2000, 86:943-949
Ergün M., Tengiz I., Türk U., Senisik S., Alioglu E., Yüksel O., Erean E., Islegen C. The effects of longterm regular exercise on endothelial funtions, inflammatory and thrombotic activity in middle-aged, healthy men. J Sports Sci Med , 2006, 5:266-275
Fabre C., Charmi K., Mucci P., Masse-Biron J., Prefaut C. Improvement of cognitivefunction and/or individualized aerobic training in healthy elderly subjects. Int J Sports Med , 2002, 23: 415
beneficial in delaying cognitive decline.
In China, mental activities such as mahjong and physical activities such as Chinese square dance are the most common activities. However, there has been little previous research into mahjong and Chinese square dance. Researchers 5 , 6 , 7 have reported that mahjong can affect the cognitivefunction of people with dementia and can preserve the functioning or delay the decline in certain cognitive domains, even in those people with significant cognitive impairment. Researchers 8 , 9 showed that Chinese square dance can promote
, Vadim V, Nikulin, Liselotte Maurex, ÅkeWahlin, Fredrik Piehl, Tom Brismar. (2015) P300 amplitude and response speed relate to preserved cognitivefunction in relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis. Clinical Neurophysiology 2015;126(4):689-697.
10. Filippi, M, Rocca, MA, Benedict RHB, DeLuca J, Geurts JG, Rombouts, SARB, Ron, M, andComi G. (2010) The contribution of MRI in assessing cognitive impairment in multiple sclerosis. Neurology 2010;75(23): 2121–2128.
11. Mainero C, Caramia F, Pozzilli C, Pisani A, Pestalozza I, Borriello G et al. (2004) fMRI
Maylor EA, Reimers S, Choi J, Collaer ML, Peters M, Silverman I. Gender and sexual orientation differences in cognition across adulthood: age is kinder to women than to men regardless of sexual orientation. Arch Sex Behav 2007;36:235-49.
Kimura D. Sex, sexual orientation and sex hormones influence human cognitivefunction. Curr Opin Neurobiol 1996;6:259-63.
Sherwin BB. Estrogen and cognitivefunctioning in women. Endocr Rev 2003
Anastasiya G. Trenova, Georgi S. Slavov, Maria G. Manova, Lyuba D. Miteva and Spaska A. Stanilova
1. Stanilova S. Cytokine Gene Polymorphisms in Colorectal Cancer. In: Ettarh R, ed. Colorectal Cancer Biology - From Genes to Tumor. 1st ed. Rijeka: InTech; 2012:59-78.
2. Marin I, Kipnis J. Learning and memory ... and the immune system. Learn Mem 2013;20(10):601-6.
3. McAfoose J, Baune BT. Evidence for a cytokine model of cognitivefunction. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 2009;33:355-366.
4. Coogan AN, O’Neill LA, O’Connor JJ. The P38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitor SB203580 antagonizes the inhibitory effects of interleukin-1
Hee-Tae Roh, Wi-Young So, Su-Youn Cho and Sang-Hoon Suh
Major international sporting events such as the Summer Olympics and FIFA World Cup are sometimes held during the summer season in the northern hemisphere, which exposes players to high ambient conditions for a long time ( Racinais et al., 2015 ). Hot environments can induce impairment of endurance performance, unlike environments with milder/lower temperatures ( Maughan, 2010 ). Moreover, it can induce hyperthermia by excess dehydration ( Crandall and González-Alonso, 2010 ), which affects cognitivefunction by decreased hydration status and
psychiatric diseases, Cukrzyca a choroby psychiczne. Psychiatr Pol 2011; 45(4): 589–598
16. Elias MF, Elias PK, Sullivan LM, Wolf PA, D'Agostino RB. Lower cognitivefunction in the presence of obesity and hypertension: the Framingham heart study. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003;27(2):260-268
17. Goodyer IM, Park, R.J, Herbert J. Psychosocial and endocrine features of chronic first-episode major depression in 8-16 year olds. Biological Psychiatry. 2001; 5O(5):351-357
18. Berkowitz RI1, Fabricatore AN. Obesity, psychiatric status, and psychiatric
Simona Cernea, Floredana-Laura Şular, Adina Huţanu and Septimiu Voidăzan
, Kessels RP, Kappelle LJ, Biessels GJ. Utrecht Diabetic Encephalopathy Study Group. A 4 year follow-up study of cognitivefunctioning in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2010;53(1):58-65. DOI: 10.1007/s00125-009-1571-9.
17. Mori Y, Futamura A, Murakami H, Kohashi K, Hirano T, Kawamura M. Increased detection of mild cognitive impairment with type 2 diabetes mellitus using the Japanese version of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment: A pilot study. Neurology and Clinical Neuroscience. 2015, 3(3):89-93. DOI: 10.1111/ncn3
Angel M. Dzhambov, Karamfil M. Bahchevanov, Kostadin A. Chompalov and Penka A. Atanassova
in metabolic syndrome, in Bulgarian]. [PhD thesis]. Plovdiv: Medical University of Plovdiv; 2017.
21. Morris JC, Heyman A, Mohs RC, Hughes JP, van Belle G, Fillenbaum G, Mellits ED, Clark C. The Consortium to Establish a Registry for Alzheimer’s Disease (CERAD). Part I. Clinical and neuropsychological assessment of Alzheimer’s disease. Neurology 1989;39:1159–65. doi: 10.1212/wnl.39.9.1159
22. Fuks KB, Wigmann C, Altug H, Schikowski T. Road traffic noise at the residence, annoyance, and cognitivefunction in elderly women. Int J Environ Res Public Health
. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of vortioxetine on cognitivefunction in depressed adults. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2014; 17 (10): 1557-67.
12. Häggström L, Nielsen RZ, Poulsen L, Danchenko N. A randomised, double blind, active controlled study of vortioxetine (10–20 mg/day) versus agomelatine (25–50 mg/day) in adults with Major Depressive Disorder with inadequate response to antidepressant treatment. Poster presented at: 26th Congress of the European College of Neuropsychop harmacology (ECNP); October 5-9, 2013