1. Keum N, Bao Y, Smith-Warner SA et al. Association of Physical Activity by Type and Intensity With Digestive System Cancer Risk. JAMA oncology. 2016;2(9):1146-53.
2. Iswarya SK, Premarajan KC, Kar SS et al. Risk factors for the development of colorectal carcinoma: A case control study from South India. World J Gastrointest Oncol. 2016;8(2):207-14.
3. Huerta JM, Navarro C, Chirlaque MD et al. Prospective study of physical activity and risk of primary adenocarcinomas of the oesophagus and stomach in the EPIC (European Prospective
Sample Registration System. Statistical Report - 1998 . New Delhi, India: Registrar General; 2000.
Ramanakumar AV, Yeole BB. Assessing cancer burden in rural India: An Analysis by cause of death statistics. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2005; 6 : 221-3.
Gupta RB, Rao GR. Effect of elimination of different causes of death on expectation of life-Bombay, 1960-61. Indian J Med Res 1973; 61 : 950-61.
Kurkure AP, Yeole BB, Sunny L, Koyande SS. Cancer
Baljet, B. 2000. The painted Amsterdam anatomy lessons: anatomy performances in dissecting rooms? Ann. Anat. 182: 3-11.
Batistatou, A., Charalabopoulos, K. A. 2005. The art of science: Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and Golconda. Med. Hypotheses 65: 970-971.
Baum, M. 2003. La Fornarina: breast cancer or not? Lancet 361: 1129.
Belkin, K. L., Healy, F. Martin, G. 2004. Painting and sculpture. In: K. L. Belkin, F. Healy (eds), A house of
Beatrice Severin, V. Broască, Floarea Damaschin, Elena Mocanu and S. Chirilă
1. JEMAL A, THOMAS A, MURRAY T, THUN M. Cancer statistics, 2002. CA Cancer J Clin 2002;52(1):23-47.
2. CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION. Hispanic Women in Border States Less Likely to Receive Screening for Breast and Cervical Cancers. CDC:Atlanta, March 19, 2003.
3. SMITH RA, COKKINIDES V, BROOKS D, SASLOW D, BRAWLEY OW. Cancer screening in the United States, 2010: a review of current American Cancer Society guidelines and issues in cancer screening. CA Cancer J Clin. 2010Mar
Dominika Novak Mlakar, Tatjana Kofol Bric, Ana Lucija Škrjanec and Mateja Krajc
Colorectal cancer is a major public health problem in developed world. In 2012, it was the third most common cancer in the world with 1.4 million new cases and was responsible for 8.5% of all cancer-related deaths. 1 In Slovenia, the average incidence of colorectal cancer in the period 2009-2013 was 1,569 cases per year. Incidence rate was higher in men (92.4/100,000) than in women (60.8/100,000). It was the third most common cancer and was responsible for 13.6% of all cancer-related deaths. 2
In 2003, Council of the European Union proposed
Weitz J, Koch M, Debus J, Höhler T, Galle PR, Büchler MW. Colorectal cancer. Lancet 2005; 365 : 153-65.
Primic-Žakelj M, Zadnik V, Žagar T, Zakotnik B. Survival of cancer patients, diagnosed in 1991-2005 in Slovenia. Ljubljana: Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, Cancer Registry of Republic of Slovenia; 2009.
Cancer incidence in Slovenia 2007. Ljubljana: Institute of Oncology Ljubljana, Cancer Registry of Republic of Slovenia; 2010.
Márton István Dénes, Cristian Borz, Árpád Török, Tibor Kántor, Valentin Nădășan, Mónika Csibi and Zoltán Ábrám
1. Irimie S. Global Adult Tobacco Survey. Eikon Publishing House. Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2012.
2. The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Washington D.C.: Office on Smoking and Health National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and prevention 2004
3. Gandini S, Botteri E, Iodice S, et al. Tobacco smoking and cancer: a meta-analyses. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:155-164.
4. Tsoi KK, Pau CY, Wu WK, Chan FK, Griffiths S, Sung JJ. Cigarette smoking and the
1. Schwartz RG, McKenzie WB, Alexander J, Sager P, D’Souza A, Manatunga A, Schwartz PE, et al. Congestive heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction complicating doxorubicin therapy. Seven-year experience using serial radionuclide angiocardiography. Am J Med. 1987; 82:1109-18.
2. Mason JW, Bristow MR, Billingham ME, Daniels JR. Invasive and non invasive methods of assessing adriamycin cardiotoxic effects in man: superiority of histopathologic assessment using endomyocardial biopsy. Cancer Treat Rep. 1978; 62
Savelina L. Popovska, Tereza B. Dineva and Polina D. Damyanova
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Compressed mortality file 1999-2011 [CD- ROM]. Atlanta: National Center for Health Statistics; 2014.
2. National Oncological Hospital, Bulgarian National Cancer Resistry. Cancer Incidence in Bulgaria. Sofia: Paradigma; 2014, 170 p.
3. Chilingirova N, Balabanski L, Toncheva D, Kurteva G, Damyanov D, Chilingirov P. Identifying the genetic landscape of squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) and adenosquamous carcinoma (ASC) of the lung using next- generation sequencing (NGS). Ann Oncol. 2015;26 Suppl
Chrystala Charalambous, Georgios Pantelas, Athanasios Nikolentzos and Mamas Theodorou
1. Awojobi O, Scott SE, Newton T . Patients’ perceptions of oral cancer screening in dental practice: a cross-sectional study. Bio Medical Central Oral Health , 2012; 12:55-63
2. Carter L, Ogden G . Oral cancer awareness of undergraduate medical and dental students. Bio Medical Central Medical Education , 2007; 7:44-51.
3. Charalambous C, Theodorou M . Systems for the provision of oral health care in the Black Sea Countries. Part 11: Cyprus. Oral Health and Dental Management , 2013; 12(1). March
4. Charalambous C