Iordache Ionut-Eduard, Costea Dan, Grama Mirela, Neacsu Sabina, Steriu Liliana, Leopa Nicoleta, Baltatescu Gabriela, Tomulescu Maria and Popescu Razvan
1. Peto R. Mortality from breastcancer in UK has decreased suddenly. Bmj. 1998 Aug 15;317(7156):476-7
2. Peto R, Boreham J, Clarke M, Davies C, Beral V. UK and USA breastcancer deaths down 25% in year 2000 at ages 20-69 years. Lancet. 2000 May 20;355(9217):1822
3. Rouanet G., Gardi S., Larra F.: Le cancer du sein ches de Cammes âgccs de moins de 35 ans. Rev. fr. Gynecol obstet 1993 Feb;88(2):89-90.
4. Sondik EJ. Breastcancer trends. Incidence, mortality, and survival. Cancer. 1994 Aug 1;74(3 Suppl):995-9.
5. Foekens JA
Baljet, B. 2000. The painted Amsterdam anatomy lessons: anatomy performances in dissecting rooms? Ann. Anat. 182: 3-11.
Batistatou, A., Charalabopoulos, K. A. 2005. The art of science: Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder and Golconda. Med. Hypotheses 65: 970-971.
Baum, M. 2003. La Fornarina: breastcancer or not? Lancet 361: 1129.
Belkin, K. L., Healy, F. Martin, G. 2004. Painting and sculpture. In: K. L. Belkin, F. Healy (eds), A house of
5. McPherson K, Steel C, Dixon JM. ABC of breast diseases: breastcancer—epidemiology, risk factors, and genetics. BMJ: British Medical Journal. 2000; 321(7261),624.
6. Abrams HL. Skeletal metastases in carcinoma. Radiology. 1950; 55:534–538,3.
7. Rivkees A, Crawford J. The relationship of gonadal activity and chemotherapy-induced gonadal damage. JAm Med Assoc. 1988; 259:2123-5.
8. Saarto T et al. Chemical castration induced by adjuvant cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and fluorouracil chemotherapy causes rapid bone loss that is reduced by c1
Paweł Kalinowski, Urszula Bojakowska and Marta Kowalska
mortality worldwide: Sources, methods and major patterns in GLOBOCAN 2012. International Journal of Cancer 36(5), E359-E386. DOI: 10.1002/ijc.29210.
4. Kruk J. (2006). Fruit and vegetable consumption and the risk of breastcancer. Contemporary Oncology 10(5), 224-230. [in Polish]
5. Tyczyński J.E. (2003). Environmental risk factors for cancer and prevention opportunities (primary prevention). In A. Kułakowski, A. Skowrońska-Gardas (eds), Oncology. Handbook for medical students (pp. 21-27). Warszawa: PZWL. [in Polish]
6. Abdulkareem I.H. (2013
Nowadays, breastcancer is a highly curable disease. Thanks to the modern oncological treatments, patients with early breastcancer live many years, decades after the treatment. For many of them life expectancy some years post treatment is the same as for the general population. 1 Consequences of the oncological treatment may have a very important influence on the quality of the subsequent life. Therefore, all the efforts must be oriented towards treatment benefits as well as in minimizing treatment’s side effects.
Radiation therapy is an
Tanja Marinko, Jure Dolenc and Cvetka Bilban-Jakopin
1. Slamon DJ, Clark GM, Wong SG, Levin WJ, Ullrich A, McGuire WL. Human breastcancer: correlation of relapse and survival with amplification of the HER-2/neu oncogene. Science 1987; 235: 177-82.
2. Romond EH, Perez EA, Bryant J, Suman VJ, Geyer CE Jr, Davidson NE, et al. Trastuzumab plus adjuvant chemotherapy for operable HER2-positive breastcancer. N Engl J Med 2005; 353: 1673-84.
3. Smith I, Procter M, Gelber RD, Guillaume S, Feyereislova A, Dowsett M, et al. 2-year follow-up of trastuzumab
Iordache I., Unc O., Steriu Liliana, Staicovici M., Dulgheru Gabriela, Streaja Adela, Unc Alexandra and Iordache Monica
1. van Geel AN, van Slooten EA, Mavrunac M & Hart AA. (1985). A retrospective study of male breastcancer in Holland . Br J Surg. 72, 724-727.
2. Silverberg E & Lubero J. (1987): Cancer Statistics. CA. 37,2-19.
3. Haagensen CD. (1985). Diseases of the Breast (ed 3). Philadelphia: WB Saunders.
4. Ajayi DO, Oseghe DN & Ademiluyi SA. (1982). Carcinoma of the male breast in West Africans and a review of world literature. Cancer. 50,1664-1667.
5. Nirmul D, Pegoraro, RJ, Naidoo C & Joubert SM. (1983). The sex hormone profile of male
Tanja Marinko, Simona Borstnar, Rok Blagus, Jure Dolenc and Cvetka Bilban-Jakopin
The advent of trastuzumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody against the extracellular domain of human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2), represented a major breakthrough in the treatment of patients with HER2-positive breastcancer. Long term follow-up from the initial large adjuvant trials with trastuzumab continue to show some remarkably positive results. 1 The current standard adjuvant systemic treatment of early HER2-positive breastcancer consists of chemotherapy (CT) plus 12 months of trastuzumab, with or without endocrine
Nina Trost, Peter Juvan, Gregor Sersa and Natasa Debeljak
Vaupel P, Thews O, Hoeckel M. Treatment resistance of solid tumors: role of hypoxia and anemia. Med Oncol 2001; 18 : 243-59.
Chang J, Couture F, Young S, McWatters KL, Lau CY. Weekly epoetin alfa maintains hemoglobin, improves quality of life, and reduces transfusion in breastcancer patients receiving chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2005; 23 : 2597-605.
Velenik V, Oblak I, Kodre V. Managing anemia with epoetin alfa in patients with rectal cancer. Radiol Oncol 2005; 39 : 133-40.