Hristo Y. Ivanov, Vili K. Stoyanova, Nikolay T. Popov and Tihomir I. Vachev
: American Psychiatric Publishing; 1994: 66-78.
6. American Psychiatric Association. The diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM 5, Washington DC: American Psychiatric Publishing; 2013:50-59.
7. Baio J. Prevalence of autismspectrumdisorders - Autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 14 Sites, United States, 2008. Surveillance Summaries 2012 March 30;61(SS03):1-19.
8. Fombonne E. Is there an epidemic of autism? Pediatrics 2001;107:411-2.
9. Engel SM, Daniels JL. On the complex relationship between genes and
. The relationship between obesity and depression. Procedia – Soc Behav Sci 84:796–800.
Bauman ML. 2010. Medical comorbidities in autism: Challenges to diagnosis and treatment. Neurotherapeutics 7:320–37.
Bandini LG, Anderson SE, Curtin C, Cermak S, Evans EW, Scampini R et al. 2010. Food selectivity in children with autismspectrumdisorders and typically developing children. J Pediatr 157(2):259–64.
Brandler WM, Antaki D, Gujral M, Kleiber ML, Whitney J, Maile MS et al. 2018. Paternally inherited cis-regulatory structural variants are associated
H Onay, D Kacamak, AN Kavasoglu, B Akgun, M Yalcinli, S Kose and B Ozbaran
Autismspectrumdisorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that is characterized by persistent impairment in reciprocal social communication and social interaction, and restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities, and with increasing prevalence in recent years [ 1 ]. Prevalence ratio of ASD was stated to be in the range of 0.6 to 2.64% [ 2 - 3 ]. A male predominance was observed and male-to-female ratio was 5 [ 4 ]. There is no accurate etiological factor that causes ASD; however ASD is likely to result from a
Daiga Bauze, Linda Piekuse, Laura Kevere, Zane Kronberga, Arnis Riževs, Iveta Vaivade, Kristīne Vīksne, Raisa Andrēziņa and Baiba Lāce
spectrumdisorders with language delay: A preliminary study. Psychiatry Investig ., 8 , 61–66.
Gillberg, C. (2006). Autismspectrumdisorders. In: Gillberg, C., Harrington, R., Steinhausen, H. C. (eds.). A Clinician’s Handbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (pp. 447–489). UK Cambridge University Press.
Johnson, C. P., Myuer, S. M. (2007). Identification and evaluation of children with autism spectrum sisorders. Pediatrics , 120 , 1183–1215.
Johnson, H. M., Gaitanis, J., Morrow, E. M. (2011). Genetics in autism diagnosis: Adding molecular subtypes to
Tatyana M. Kichukova, Nikolay T. Popov, Ivan S. Ivanov and Tihomir I. Vachev
1. Holt R, Monaco AP. Links between genetics and pathophysiology in the autismspectrumdisorders. EMBO; Mol Med 2011;3(8):438-50.
2. Sarachana T, Zhou R, Chen G, et al. Investigation of post-transcriptional gene regulatory networks associated with autismspectrumdisorders by microRNA expression profi ling of lymphoblastoid cell lines. Genome Med 2010;2(4):23.
3. Abu-Elneel K, Liu T, Gazzaniga FS, et al. Heterogeneous dysregulation of microRNAs across the autism spectrum. Neurogenetics 2008
I Görker, H Gürkan, S Demir Ulusal, E Atlı and E Ikbal Atlı
The 22q13.3 deletion syndrome, also known as Phelan McDermid Syndrome (PHMDS) (OMIM #606232), is a contiguous gene disorder resulting from deletion of the distal long arm of chromosome 22 [ 1 ]. 22q13.3 deletions and mutations that lead to a loss of a functional copy of SHANK3 (OMIM *606230) cause the syndrome, characterized by moderate-to-profound intellectual disability, severely delayed or absent speech, hypotonia, and autismspectrumdisorder (ASD) or ASD traits [ 2 ]. This syndrome results from a de novo deletion of chromosome 22 in 80
NT Popov, DS Minchev, MM Naydenov, IN Minkov and TI Vachev
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are small, single-stranded, non coding RNA molecules that regulate gene expression of their complementary messenger RNA targets [ 1 , 2 ]. Taking into account, the significance of these regulatory molecules in gene regulation, discovery of dysregulated miRNAs could benefit to clarify the molecular differences of miRNAs serum profiles between the autismspectrumdisorder (ASD) subjects and typically developing children (TDC). The prevalence of ASD has increased considerably (from 2-5/10,000 to 1:68 children) during the last two
I Bujnakova, I Ondrejka, M Mestanik, D Fleskova, N Sekaninova, I Farsky and I Tonhajzerova
1) Benevides TW, Lane SJ. A review of cardiac autonomic measures: consideration for examination of physiological response in children with autismspectrumdisorder. J Autism Dev Disord 2015; 45(2): 560–75.
2) Leyfer OT, Folstein SE, Bacalman S, Davis NO, Dinh E, Morgan J et al . Comorbid psychiatric disorders in children with autism: interview development and rates of disorders. J Autism Dev Disord 2006; 36(7): 849-61.
3) Murray ML, Hsia Y, Glaser K, Simonoff E, Murphy DG, Asherson PJ et al. Pharmacological treatments prescribed to
Iosif-Grigorios Al Mochamant, Ioannis Fotopoulos and Lampros Zouloumis
1. Loo CY, Graham RM, Hughes CV . Behaviour guidance in dental treatment of patients with autismspectrumdisorder. Int J Paediatr Dent , 2009; 19:390-398.
2. Dhillon S, Hellings JA, Butler MG . Genetics and mitochondrial abnormalities in autismspectrumdisorders: a review. Curr Genomics , 2011; 12:322-332.
3. Sandin S, Hultman CM, Kolevzon A, Gross R, MacCabe JH, Reichenberg A . Advancing maternal age is associated with increasing risk for autism: a review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry , 2012; 51